‹ Prequel: Kids With Guns
Sequel: False Paradise.
Status: Active.

Rhinestone Eyes.

Sixteen.

August 20th, 2011 9:34 am

Sierra was sitting in the kitchen at the counter with a glass of orange juice. No makeup, just a t-shirt and underwear. Everyone else was still in bed. Her phone sat next to her glass of orange juice, she was waiting to get a text back from Ben… She had been waiting for two days.

Soon Jess was awake and walked into the kitchen. She grabbed a bottle of water and sat down next to Sierra.

“Are you okay?”

“No… An’ I don’ expect to be any time soon.”

Jess frowned and looked down at Sierra’s phone.

“He hasn’ texted you back yet?”

She didn’t answer. They sat silently for a moment.
Sierra stood up and poured out her glass, leaving her phone on the counter.

“Is time for Tommy to ge’ out of bed… Do you wan’ me to wake up Hayden too?”

“Tha’ would be nice of you… Thank you Sierra.”

“You two are back together aren’ you?”

Jess nodded her head and Sierra started up the stairs. When she reached Tommy’s room, she turned the door knob slowly and walked in. Tommy was already awake and looked up at her with a smile. He ran over to her and hugged her around her legs.

“Goo’ mornin’ mummy.”

“Good mornin’…. Did you sleep well?” She knelt down.

He nodded and kissed her on the cheek.

“Hayden is still sleeping. Shh.”

She smiled and hugged him.

“You’re getting’ big.”

“Where is uncle Danny?” Sierra was quiet for a while remembering it wasn’t that long ago when he was saying ‘uncie’ instead.

“He’s asleep… Do you wan’ to go wake him up?”

“Yes…”
“Go!” He ran down the hall and down the stairs. She could hear him yelling for Danny to wake up. She smiled and got up to wake up Hayden.

August 23rd, 2011.

Sierra and Danny were watching TV waiting for Jess and the boys to get back with dinner for the night.

“Has he talked to you?”

“No. He isn’t going to. Has he talked to you?” Sierra asked looking over at Danny.

“Yeah… He wants me to take care of you.”

Sierra looked down.

“What is that supposed to mean? Like I’m not going to see him again in two months.”

“That’s the deal… Actually. He wants me to put you in rehab.”

“Excuse me? Im fine! I don’t have a problem.”

“You don’t? How are the stiches on your hand? And are you still getting headaches? How’s your friendship with Jeremy? Oh wait it isn’t there anymore. Second overdose in a few months? Your right there isn’t anything wrong with you your fucking perfect.”

“I didn’t say that!”

“If I could face the truth so can you. I went to rehab. Two fucking months. Why? So that I would get better and make you happy. So that you wouldn’t have to worry anymore.”

“You don’t have to raise your voice Danny.”

“Yes I do! You’re fucking stupid. There isn’t anything wrong with me! My baby daddy shot himself so I have to shoot up!”

Sierra just looked at him. She didn’t reply.

Soon Jess and the boys were back with Chinese take-out. They all sat at the table together and ate.

“So we’ve decided that your mommy is going to a place that will make her better… Is that okay Tommy?”

Tommy looked up and nodded.

“I want mommy to get better. Her disease is scary.”

“You told him I had a disease?” She whispered to Danny.

“Uh, actually Ben did. How else do you explain what he saw?”

She looked down.

“We’re going to take her tomorrow okay?”

“Tomorrow?” Sierra asked.

“Yup. Atleast you’re going in sober. And not trying to kill anyone.”

“How long will mommy be gone? And when is Ben coming back?”

“Mommy is going to be gone for six weeks unless I decide otherwise, but we can go see her anytime you want to okay?” Tommy nodded. “But… Ben might not be coming back.”

XXX

August 24th, 2011 7:08 am.

They arrived at the rehab center; Sierra had only packed a few tank tops, and sweaters. Some pajama clothes a few pairs of shoes.

They walked in and waited for the woman at the front counter to finish up with the person that was in front of them. Tommy was holding Sierra’s hand.

“Hi how may I help you?”

Danny stepped up.

“We need to get her in here… six week program?”

“For?”

“Substance abuse.”

“When was the last time she used?”

Danny looked at Sierra and shrugged.” About four days ago….”

“Ma’am… Have you been having withdrawals?”

“No.”

“Yes… Yes she has.”

Sierra looked at Danny annoyed.

“She has?”
“Yes.”

“Can you tell me what you’ve been using?”

“A lot… I was…”

“What were you using the most?”

“Uhm… Cocaine.”

“Alright… I need you to fill out these papers and we can get her in the system.”

XXX

“I’ll be up here tomorrow… See how you’re doing.”

“Okay.” She sighed.

“Hey…”

“Hmm?”

“I love you okay?”

She smiled. “Okay… I love you too.”

Danny hugged her and she laughed “Your beard is itchy.”

He laughed and hugged her tighter.

“I’ll see you tomorrow.”

“Bye…”

“Bye mummy!” Tommy hugged her goodbye and they both left, closing the door behind them.
Sierra fell into the bed… She thought for a moment as everything started to close in on her she began to cry.

She couldn’t loose Ben.
♠ ♠ ♠
Awh dang.