‹ Prequel: Kids With Guns
Sequel: False Paradise.
Status: Active.

Rhinestone Eyes.

Seventeen.

September 3rd, 2011

Sierra had been in rehab for one whole week. She put on a brave face when Tommy and Danny came to visit but usually she would cry once they had gone. Her personal nurse’s name was Stephanie. Stephanie was nice to her but not only as a part of job. Stephanie would try to comfort her when she found her crying.

Sierra had been getting sick a lot but she thought she was only vomiting because she was stressed out. She often would get sick after meals, or in the early mornings before anyone else was awake. She hadn’t asked for medicine yet, not until today.

“Good mornin’ love. ‘Ow are you feelin’ today?”

Sierra just laid in the bed staring out into the room; cheeks tear stained, eyes red. Holding her stomach.

“I threw up again.” She said in a raspy voice.

“Oh honey… Why don’ you ge’ some rest then?”

Sierra’s stomach felt like knots being pulled tighter as to make the knot harder to un-do. She closed her eyes and leaned forward.

“Love?”

“I don’ feel well…”

“Do you wan’ medicine? Help you feel better?”

“… That would be nice.”

“Alright… ‘Old on let me go get the form for us to bring you medicine okay?”

“A form? For pepto bismol?”

“Sorry hon, we ‘ave to run a few tests and such…”

“How long will it take for me to get medicine?”

“Only a few hours.”

“Wha’ kind of tests?” She asked sitting up in her bed.

“Jus’ urine sample. In case later we need to give you anything else. Make sure you aren’t pregnant or have any illness.” She walked out of the room.

***
“Yeh need ta face reality an' piss on the stick in this box. Yeh no' sick fa no fuckin' reason."
***

Sierra remembered that night. Almost clear as day. The night she found out that she was pregnant with Tommy. Danny had hit her in the face on accident and Oli said it was on purpose. She spent most of that night crying. He wasn’t caring. Nothing unusual for him.

As she thought of that night she placed her hands on her stomach and held herself. She remembered the day that Ben had touched her belly when she was pregnant with Tommy. How he was pretending to be excited for her.

Soon Stephanie walked into the room.

“I need a phone… I need to call my brother.”

“Alright sweetie… Do yeh still wan’ medicine?”

“No jus’ ge’ me a phone. Do we have any regular pregnancy tests? Just the piss stick?”

“I’ll bring you both.”

“Thank you…”

She leaned back into the pillows and started to cry again.

XXX

It didn’t take long for Danny to get to the place; she had worried him telling him she needed to see him now and not to bring Tommy.

He rushed into her room and was almost angry when he found her curled up in bed.

“What did I come all the way out here for?”

She pointed at her night stand. The little stick with the little pink plus sign.
Danny picked it up carefully and looked at it. He sighed.

“What am I supposed to do?”

Sierra stood up in only a t-shirt and panties.

“You tell him to get his ass back here! You tell him what the problem is! You tell him he’s a piece of shit! And you fucking tell him to stop this! He’s breaking my heart Danny!”

“He won’t believe you.”
“He fucking better! He better.” She flopped down onto the bed. “I don’t know what else to do…”

“You call him… You have a phone right there.”

She looked up at him with tears falling from her green eyes.

“You just said he wouldn’t believe me…”

XXX

Danny sat down on the bed with her while the phone rang, and rang, and rang.

No answer.

She hung up, set it between them and sighed.

Then it rang.

She jumped and pushed it toward Danny. He shook his head and handed it to her. Her hands shook and she took the phone letting it ring a few more times.

“Hello?”

He didn’t say anything at first. But she heard what sounded like a faint laugh.

“I knew it was you.”

She looked up at Danny. He faintly smiled at her.

“Are you okay?”

“Yes… I’m fine…”

“Did he take you to get help?”

“Yes… I’m actually calling you from a rehab center.”

“Oh… That’s good…”

“Listen… I don’t know why you’re doing this to me but you can’t go through with it.”

“I don’t want to. But what makes you say that?”

She swallowed.

“Why? Why are you doing it anyway?”

“Why was I doing it…”
“You stopped it?”

“Of course I did. I just need time away from you that doesn’t mean I don’t love you anymore. I really just wanted to make my point… I’m sorry.”

“Well…” She sighed.

“What is it?”

“I’m… Ben I’m pregnant.”

There was a pause.

“When do you want me to come back?”

“Right now… I want you to come back now, accept my apologies and let me go home.”

“You going home is up to Danny. How long have you been in?”

“A week… but I’m not stupid. If I can’t use I won’t use and that means I’ll get better.”

“Alright… Tell him to take you home right now. Sign you out. I’ll be there soon.”

“I love you…”

“I love you too.”

He hung up and she looked up at Danny. She smiled.

“He’s coming back! And he doesn’t want to divorce! And he wants you to take me home… NOW!”

XXX

November 13th, 2011.

Sierra and Ben waited for the ultrasound tech to come into the room, Tommy was with them and was obsessed with mommy’s tummy.

The tech came into the room.

“How are we today?”

“Good.” They say in unison, they smile at eachother.

“That’s good… Alright Sierra you want to hop up here? And we’ll get a look at what we have here.”

“Here” Tommy takes her hand. “I’ll help you.” Sierra laughs.

“Thank you baby.”

Ben gets up to help her while Tommy thinks he’s helping. Ben sits down and Tommy crawls into the chair next to him.

“Okay…” So have you had any kicking yet?”

“Yes… And I’m a lot bigger this time than I was with him but he was premi, I was a little concerned.”

“Well it depends on the baby. But we’ll have a look see.”

She lifted Sierra’s shit enough to see her belly. She pushed down lightly in a few spots asking if it hurt any. She then spread the gel onto her tummy and moved the ultra sound around her belly, then flicked on a screen. She looked closer to the screen, squinting, still moving it around a little.

“Well… It looks like you two are expecting twins.”

Ben’s eyes got wide.

“What?”

“That’s right… Twins.”

Sierra smiled and leaned back.

“What’s the sex?”

“A little hard to tell right now, looks like this little guy is on top of the other… But this one here is a boy I think.” She pointed to the screen.

XXX

On the drive home Ben was a bit shaken.

“So… What do we do?”

“Buy two cribs silly.”

“Yeah but aren’t twins supposed to skip a generation?”

“Supposed to.”

They arrived home soon and went into the house.

“They fat ass is home!” Danny called. Sierra laughed and walked into the kitchen. He was at the bar with Hayden eating Chinese food.

“Hey tubby.”
“We have exciting news.”

“That you’re just fat?”

“No that I’m having twins.”

“Nu uh.” Danny put his fork down and got down from the chair.

“Your fuckin’ with me aren’t you?”

“No! I’m being serious. They printed off a few for us to have we only know that one is a boy we can’t see the other.” She handed the little piece of paper to him. He made a funny face.

“Their ugly…”

“All ultra sounds are ugly!” She fake slapped him on the face.

“Did you see that?!” He looked at Hayden and Hayden started to laugh. “Don’t laugh kick her ass!”

“Nooo.”

“Pussy!”

“Danny!” Jess yelled from the hallway.

He looked at her and smiled.

“I didn’t mean it…”

“Tell daddy that he’s a big fat pussy.”

Hayden giggled.

“You’re a big! Fat! Pussy!”

“Your mom has one!” He ran away quickly ducking from a slap. He went into the living room with Ben who was of course freaking out.

“Twins.”

Jess smiled.

“You’re so big. I kinda figured.”

Tommy and Hayden ran off up the stairs together.

“Be careful!” Sierra called after them. Tommy came back.

“Tell Daddy to come play with us! And uncle Danny!”

Sierra smiled. “Danny… Ben the boys want you!”

“He called him daddy!” She whispered to Jess.

Looks like everything will be okay after all.