‹ Prequel: Kids With Guns
Sequel: False Paradise.
Status: Active.

Rhinestone Eyes.

Eighteen.

January 12th, 2011.

In the walls of a hospital life can either be lost, almost lost, or can be saved, and given.

It was around six a.m. and Sierra sat with Tommy in the silent hospital room that was illuminated only by one single lamp and a TV. The world outside was just waking up to a new day. Another day of sitting and waiting. Tommy was asleep next to his mother. A steady beeping sound was keeping her awake and alert. Waiting for it to stop. But hoping it would continue.

How could he have done this? Not just to Tom, or the band. But to her, and Tommy. How could have done this to any of them?

Today Carol was supposed to come by and take Tommy for a little bit, only downside is that Jeremy had to send Neveah back because they had a tour coming up in a few days. She was still in diapers and wouldn’t be any easier to take care of.

Soon there was a knock at the door and a small, young nurse walked into the room.

“Good morning.”

Sierra nodded as the nurse flipped on the switch to the lights. Tommy stirred and woke up.

“Is he awake?”

“No…”

Tommy frowned and stood up next to the bed letting the nurse do her daily duties. When the nurse left the room Tommy turned back to look at Sierra. She smiled faintly.

“Why is he sleeping for so long?”

“Because… He did something stupid.”

“Why?”

“Because I did something stupid too.”

“Oh. When can we go home?”

“When he wakes up.”

Tommy looked back at the bed hoping that he was faking and that if he watched him long enough he would open his eyes.
He stepped closer to the bed and touched his hand.

“Daddy… Wake up. Please.”

Sierra felt a little tingle of guilt in her heart. This wouldn’t have happened if she hadn’t married Ben just to forget about him. The divorce had been finalized only two weeks ago but it was good. That marriage was based on lust and stupidity.

XXX

3:12 p.m.

Sierra was alone now Carol didn’t stay very long. No one did anymore. Jeremy had called her to let her know that his mother was going to be taking care of Neveah because she didn’t want Sierra to have to worry about both Neveah and Oli.

Your probably wondering who Neveah is aren’t you? Well she’s Sierra and Jeremy’s 2 year old little girl. She’ll be turning three soon, in April.

Accidents happen.

“You know I can’t wait for you forever right?” She waited for a response knowing she wouldn’t get one.

See. What happened is that yes Ben and Sierra did go to Paris for an un-deserving honey moon. Hours after their arrival Sierra received a phone call from Tom saying that Oli had tried to over dose himself. He even left a note letting Tom know why. And it was because of Sierra.

She soon came home, got a divorce from Ben, he only married her to have sex with her and Danny couldn’t be mad about it. He even admitted it to her and they split as a mutual decision. Since the day she came home she had been at Oli’s bed side waiting for him to come out of a drug comma. The doctors said it shouldn’t last longer than a few weeks…. In November.

When he was first in the hospital the room was always filled with friends and family, a month passed and Sierra still never left the hospital. She hasn’t been home in almost a month. Spending every night with him. Waiting.

She missed his eyes. She missed his smell… No he just smelt like a hospital, but so did she.

She sat down on the edge of the bed, and took his hand. She didn’t like to see him like this. She really hoped that he would be happy to see her when he woke up. She looked at his face and then down at their entwined hands.

“Oli… sometimes people remember the things that people said to them while they were out. I want to believe that you can hear me but you not responding to anything makes it hard for me to do that… I just want you to know that I love you. I really do. And I hope you wake up soon.”

He had squeezed her hand one time when he was first put in the hospital but that was it. She always hoped that he would do it again.

January 15th, 2011.

It was noon and Sierra was back at his side sitting on the bed, holding his hand, trying to talk to him. Like always. But this time he did hear her. And he tried to wake up, but he couldn’t.

February 5th, 2011. 4 am.

Sierra was asleep on the pull out bed that was in the couch, not a very big bed but it would do. Tommy was with her yesterday but Tom had taken him home.

Oli opened his eyes and looked down at his hand to see an I.V. he looked around to realize that he was in a hospital. The first thing he noticed was that he was very thirsty and his back hurt. He thought he was alone but he sat up a bit to look around and saw her curled up in a ball on a pillow with a blanket not covering her at all, in one of his sweaters. He smiled at the thought that she was here for him but wondered if this was a dream too. He tried to say her name but couldn’t at first. He swallowed his own spit and licked his lips.

“Sierra.”

She didn’t even move. He noticed the little table next to him with a small phone sitting on it connected to a charger. It was her phone. He leaned over enough to reach it and pushed it off of the table causing it to land near her face.

“Sierra.” He said a little louder.

She stirred in her sleep.

“Sierra wake up!”

Her eyes fluttered open and closed again. She rubbed her eyes and noticed that he was leaning over in the bed, and that he was awake.

She got off of the fold out bed quickly and tried to get into the bed with him, before he could say another word he lips were on his and he smiled.

“Your awake… you’re really awake we can go home!”

“And you’re really here… Are you here?”

“Of course I am.”

“Mind telling me what happened?”

“You tried to kill yourself… Do you remember?”

“No.”

“Oh baby.” She kissed his cheek and hugged him as much as she could.

“It’s okay now, you’re awake. And you’re going to be okay.”

She got off of the bed and walked out into the hall. She found a nurse and told her that Oli was awake. She followed her to the room and turned on the lights.

“How are you feeling?”

“I’m thirsty… And stupid.”

“You don’t have a head ache or anything? Nothing hurts?”

“No. I want to go home.”

“Right now?”

“Yes… Can I go home?”

“We can get you out of here in a few hours… And you can go home but do not try to drive.”

“He isn’t allowed to drive my car anyway.”

The nurse smiled and left the room.

“Are you staying with me?”

“What do you mean?”

She sat back down on the bed with him

“Did you leave him? Are you mine?”

“I always will be.” She smiled and he did too.