Status: Main story.

It Burns So Bright, This Flame Will Never Die.

"People who cheat should be castrated. Or something else equally as bad."

***Ronnie's POV***

Seeing Scar today at our meeting with our lawyers only made everything sink in even more. I tried everything to convince her that we shouldn't do this, that she'd regret it, that we could fix this, we could work it out. But she stood her ground. She really was going to go through with this divorce. She was actually serious. And I know she's pissed at my ass for being so stubborn today.

I stared at my cell phone in my hand as I sat on the bed. I wanted to call her, but once again, she was pissed. I'd be surprised if she actually answered the phone.

I finally grew some balls and dialed her number. I put the phone up to my ear, chewing on my bottom lip from nervousness.

"Yes?" I cringed a little at how harsh she sounded already. And she only said one word...

"I know you're mad at me, b-"

"More like fucking furious." She growled lowly. "You are such an ass."

"I'm sorry I don't want to divorce the love of my life, alright?" I sighed angrily, running my free hand over my face. "I fucked up and now I'm paying for it."

"That you are. And you're not getting out of it." I frowned at how venomous she sounded when she spoke. I wondered if she'd ever be nice to me ever again.

"I'm sorry. You don't know how regretful I am." I said quietly, looking down at my lap.

"Bet you wouldn't be sorry and regretful if you weren't caught, would you?"

"What do I have to do to make everything alright again?" She laughed, and my frown grew. "Jump off a fucking roof, that's what."

A huge pang of hurt hit my heart, and my chest tightened up. "Scarlet, you don't mean that." I whispered shakily.

"I do."

I squeezed my eyes shut in an attempt to prevent the tears from leaking out, but it was no use. Those two words got to me, so well, and took me back to the happiest day of my life. Back when everything was perfect.

"Those two words..." I laughed humorlessly. "How those two words have changed now."

"Why did you call?" She asked annoyed.

"I wanna see my son," I mumbled. "I haven't seen him since that day and it's driving me crazy."

She sighed and was silent for a few, but then she shocked the hell out of me. "I'm on my way to the house now, I just picked him up from Max's. You can come over."

"R-Really?" I sputtered, jumping up and out of bed.

"Yeah. See you in a few." She hung up before I could say anything else, and I shoved my phone in my back pocket. I grabbed my wallet and keys, slipped on my shoes, and burst out of the guest bedroom in Jacky's house.

"Where're you going?" He asked curiously, sitting at the kitchen island on his laptop.

"Scar's." His eyes widened, but I was out the front door before he could ask why. I clumsily got in my car and drove as fast as possible to what used to be my house also. A small smile actually appeared on my face when I saw Scar just getting out of her car as I was pulling up to the driveway.

I parked my car and got out, smiling a little as she stood there. She gestured at the back door of her car, signaling I could get Travis. I hurried over and grinned when he saw me through the window, and I could hear him squeal in excitement.

"Hey buddy!" I exclaimed. He kept making noises of excitement and I laughed, quickly unbuckling him and scooping him up in my arms. "I missed you so much!" I hugged him tightly, pressing kisses all over his face.

"Daddy!" He giggled, throwing his tiny arms around my neck. I laughed and shut the door, following Scar to the front door to go inside. She headed for the bedroom, not saying a word.

"Let's go sit on the couch, bud." I smiled at him as we walked over to the couch. I sat down and set him on my lap facing me. He quickly scrambled and hugged my chest, burying his face in it and making me laugh. "I missed you too." I smiled and pet his hair, him cuddling up to me in my lap.

I looked over as I heard Scar's footsteps, but she avoided eye contact with me. "Tell momma to get over here, Trav." He lifted his head up at the word "momma", and I smiled again. "Say, "Momma!"

"Momma!" He exclaimed, giggling afterwords. He crawled up me, peeking over my shoulder at her. "Momma!" He squealed as he beat on the back of the couch.

"Hi baby." She laughed. He said "momma" again, and I smiled to myself when I heard her footsteps coming over. He reached for her and she took him, sitting down next to me. She stood him up in her lap and he giggled, bouncing a little. He puckered his lips out at her and she leaned in to give him a kiss, but he shook his head.

"I thought you wanted a kiss?" She chuckled. He puckered his lips out to me, and did the same thing when I tried to give him one.

"What?" I laughed, confused at what he was getting at.

"Momma, Daddy!" He exclaimed happily, then puckered his lips out again.

"Does he wants us to kiss him at the same time...?" I laughed.

"Maybe...?" She chuckled again. We both leaned in to kiss his cheeks, and he took his little hands and tried to push our faces together, making me laugh nervously. He was one smart baby.

"Oh." She looked at me, slightly surprised. I smiled a little. "He wants us to kiss..." I murmured. She nodded, freezing up next to me a little.

"Mwah!" He giggled. He kept doing that over and over, reaching to push us together. I decided to be brave and I leaned over, pressing a soft kiss to her lips. Not shockingly, she didn't kiss back.

Travis squealed and clapped when I pulled away, laughing afterwords. I looked at Scar and she was smiling at him, her eyes teary.

"I know you miss this," I whispered, inching a little closer to her. She stiffened when I gently put my hand on her knee, rubbing it. "And you and I both know he knows something is going on. He's never that excited to see us kiss."

"I never said I didn't miss it." She whispered shakily, smiling at Trav and bouncing him slightly in her lap.

"So why're you trying to make it all stop?" I cooed. I could tell she was getting annoyed with me. But that was the last thing I wanted. "Look at how happy our son is right now. He's happy we're together."

"We're getting a divorce, Ronnie. It's final." She was still smiling at Travis as she said this, but her voice was getting shakier and shakier every time she spoke.

"But do you want to get a divorce?" I whispered. "Do you really want to split? Especially when you're pregnant with our second kid together?"

"I don't want to talk about this anymore." She handed me Travis and walked away into the bedroom. I sighed and forced a smile for my son, playing with him and doing my best to keep him happy.

$$$

***Scar's POV***

I quietly closed the door behind me after I'd entered the bedroom. I sniffled, finally letting a few of the tears that were welling up in my eyes fall. I sat down on the bed and dug through my messy purse for my phone. I went to my contacts and smiled when I saw "Andy" in there now. I clicked on it and wrote him a text.

To: Andy
From: Scarlet

Hey...I need someone to talk to...


I laid down on my bed and waited for his response, which came only a minute later.

I'm all ears. Or eyes, since I can't hear you, technically.

I giggled at him, shaking my head slightly. He knew how to make me laugh.

Ronnie's...ugh. He's making everything so difficult for me. :/

Now you know you're gonna have to tell me how he's making everything difficult for you, or else I won't know what to say. Then this would be awkward.

hahaha. he's just...i know he doesn't want this divorce. he's trying everything to win me back. he's saying all the right things, and trying his hardest to convince me that we're making a mistake.

do you want to divorce him?

I bit my lip, blinking away the tears. I was so afraid of this question.

yes and no.

...care to elaborate?

yes because he cheated on me when he promised me he never would do anything like that, and he doesn't deserve a second chance. no because we have our son, and another baby on the way, and i want them to be happy.

People who cheat should be castrated. Or something else equally as bad.

I smirked and waited for his other response.

but anyways. you shouldn't stay together if it's just for the sake of your kids.

i know, and i told him that. but he's right...it would be so much better for them. travis is so happy when ronnie and i are together.

alright, let me ask you this again; do you want to divorce him? but this time don't think of your kids. base the answer off of what you want for yourself.

I sighed and rested my head against the headboard. I didn't even know anymore.

i don't know. part of me hates him, part of me loves him, part of me wants to kill him...i feel like i have multiple personality disorder or something.

well...haha...alright. maybe you need some time to yourself to think about it.

maybe. but i don't wanna because it makes me sad. hahaa

then think of puppies. i mean, that's what i always think about when i'm sad.

you're silly. (:

but my silliness is making you feel better, now isn't it?

mayyyyyyyybe!

I was smiling at my phone when I heard the door open gently. I looked up and saw Ronnie standing there, holding Travis. "Hey, um...can I stay here tonight?" I blinked, my smile fading. "I just wanna be with him..." He said quietly, looking down at Travis, who was playing with a necklace Ronnie had on.

"I guess." I shrugged, my tone almost robotic.

"I'll sleep on the couch, don't worry." He assured me. I rolled my eyes and nodded. I groaned on the inside when he cautiously walked over and went to, what used to be, anyways, his side of the bed. He sat down and put Travis in his lap, smiling.

"So how's the pregnancy so far?" Ronnie asked, looking at me. I shrugged again. "It's alright. My morning sickness isn't as bad as it was with Trav, but it still sucks when it does happen." He chuckled and nodded. "Tw-" He was cut off by my phone beeping at me to let me know Andy had texted me back.

(: so this is out of the blue, but what are you doing tomorrow?

"Two months along, right?" Ronnie asked. I looked up at him and nodded. "Mm-hm." I looked back down at my phone and smiled a little as I typed my reply back.

um...i don't know. haha. nothing too important as far as i know. why?

"...I can come with you when you get your checkups, right?" He asked nervously.

"If you'd like, yeah." I nodded again. "Hey, if you want, you can make Travis some dinner. He hasn't had any yet." He nodded and got up, picking up Travis and talking to him excitedly about dinner as he left the bedroom.

lunch tomorrow, maybe? i'd like to get to know you better. (:

sure. (: but you know that if you're inviting me, you're inviting Travis. haha

hahaha that's perfectly fine. i figured that anyways. 1pm sound good?

sounds great. (: where are we going?

well jeez, woman, i just asked you if you wanted to go to lunch. i didn't get that far yet!

hahaha well i didn't know if you had this all planned out already or something...;)

what're you implying? ;)

nothin'. ;p so tomorrow at one? you're coming to my place or i'm going to yours?

haha ;) and yep. just text me your directions tomorrow, i'll pick you and the munchkin up.

I smiled, biting my bottom lip slightly. I was happy I was getting out with someone new. Maybe it'd help with this whole divorce thing.

can't wait. see you tomorrow! (:
♠ ♠ ♠
Suuuuupie long chappie. O_O Hope you all enjoy!

Thankies to helloxoxsunshine, HangingByAThread, babygurl94512, sweethearts9, NickMatthews, PonAndZiFan, shinigamiroulette, Dezi Demize, XxBabyEmo94xX, hachie, Waking-The-Fallen, AkuRoku._., TerriTerror13, HaySay, Mikayla, and xFallingFasterx for commenting last chapter! Glad to know most of you are excited for Andy being brought into this haha. :P