Status: Main story.

It Burns So Bright, This Flame Will Never Die.

"Too ***ing late, man."

1 week later

Something was going on. What, I have no clue. But whatever it was, I knew it wasn't good.

Max had been ignoring me the whole week. Never called, texted, or came over. I went over there once this week, but he was "busy", so I wasn't there for long.

Ronnie seems to be getting more bitchy by the day. Everytime I bring up something that has to do with Max or Lexus...shit, anytime I bring up anything, he automatically goes into a defensive, pissy mode. I talked to the guys about it, and they all said that he was being bitchy to them too. And, on top of that, I think he purposely fired the extra assistant he hired, so he could go back to being as busy as ever at the label.

I didn't want to think that everything was starting to fall apart, but that's what it sure as hell seemed like.

It was nighttime. Well, evening, really...6:30pm, to be exact. Ronnie had gotten home a little earlier than usual, and we just finished up dinner. I'd put Travis in his play pen so that Ronnie and I could "talk".

Which that probably means yell and scream at each other like usual.

"Alright, something's going on," The look Ronnie got on his face was a mixture between extremely bored and, "here we go again". "You've been acting weird lately. Max has been ignoring me. What the fuck is going on?"

"Nothing, I'm not acting weird." He mumbled.

"Just tell me what's wrong, I don't fucking like playing guessing games." I snapped. I was pissed; I just wanted to know what the hell was happening.

"Nothing! Why do you always think something's wrong?!" There he goes getting defensive.

"Because I'm not stupid. You two are acting weird. So you better just fess up." He rolled his eyes and stayed silent. "Do you want everything to just be shitty? Or do you want to solve whatever the problem is here?"

"There's no problem to be solved, dear." He said this with a sarcastic, venomous tone that stunned me.

"What is going on with you?!" I screeched. "If it's something to do with Lexus or another girl, just fucking tell me!"

"WOULD YOU FORGET ABOUT LEXUS ALREADY?!" He stood up and quickly walked over, towering over my short frame. "Why don't you think I'm loyal to you?!"

"Because ever since she came back into the picture you've been acting really weird! And now my brother's ignoring me, and...I know something's going on." I knew yelling and screaming at him wouldn't help the situation any more, so I toned my voice down. "Just please tell me what's wrong." I pleaded, putting my hands on his arms. "I don't like this."

"Nothing's wrong, and nothing's going on." He muttered.

"Yes there is," I sighed. "I know there is." He shook his head and pulled away from me. "That's it, I'm calling Max and telling him to get over here." He didn't say a word, he simply walked away. I grabbed the phone and dialed his number. Of course, no answer.

"Son of a bitch, I know you're there!" I yelled to no one. I grabbed Ronnie's car keys off of the counter and stormed out of the house to his car. I got in, slamming the door shut and driving quickly to Max's place. I rolled my eyes when I saw his car there, along with Lexus's.

"Asshole." I muttered to myself as I got out, and walked up to the front door. I knocked on it heavily, and Lexus answered it not a minute later.

"Is Max here?" She nodded. "Tell him he needs to come over." She stared at me for a second, but walked towards wherever the hell he was. Another minute later and they both came walking back out. Max followed me out the door, not saying a word to me or Lexus. After the door closed and we walked to Ronnie's car, however, he spoke up.

"Why do I have to come over?"

"Is something going on with Ronnie?" I ignored his question completely. I watched his facial expression change, and I wasn't pleased with it. "Max, tell me what's going on."

"Why am I being dragged into your guys' marital problems?" He scoffed as we both got in the car and drove back to my house.

"Because you know something. That's why you've been ignoring me." I glanced at him as I drove, and he only looked even more nervous. We didn't say another word to each other the entire drive, and that only made me feel even more sick and nervous.

We reached my house and got out, walking in. Ronnie was standing in the kitchen, his eyes widening a little at Max.

"What the fuck's going on." I stated, more than asked, shakily. "You two know. So you better fucking tell me."

"Ask your husband." Max spat. I looked at him. "I did. He said nothing's going on." I looked between the two, and my eyes started getting glassy. "Max, you know. I know you do." Max finally looked me in the eye, and frowned slightly. "Is he cheating?"

"No. He wouldn't do that." I breathed a sigh of relief out loud. "Well then it can't be that bad, whatever it is." I wiped at my eyes a little, feeling a lot more calm now.

"Worse than you think." My nerves went right through the roof again, and I stared at my brother. "I shouldn't be the one to tell you, though. He should."

"Then just tell me, Ronnie!" I cried, looking at him. "Someone fucking tell me! Enlighten me! Because right now I'm about to lose my mind over this, if I haven't already!!"

Neither of them said a word. Ronnie avoided eye contact, and Max simply stared at him, as if he was waiting.

"FUCKING SAY SOMETHING!" I screamed, causing them both to flinch slightly in surprise.

"You're too much of a coward, Radke?" Max sneered. Ronnie glared at him. "Fine. Guess I'll have to show her myself." Max walked into the bedroom, Ronnie following him, right on his tail. I heard them arguing, but I found I couldn't move. It felt like my feet were super glued to the floor.

"Max, don't," I heard Ronnie...beg?

"Too fucking late, man." They finally emerged, and Max threw a baggie on the floor. I watched as the light green pills fell out of the open baggie, scattering all over the floor, making a sick little "tap tap tap" noise as they did so. I stared at them, feeling my heart start to race and my breathing to come out in short little spurts.

I finally was able to move my body, and I leaned down, picking up one of the pills. My lip trembled when I saw the dreaded little, "OC" stamped into it. I threw it like it was fire in my hands.

"I'm sorry." I heard him whisper. I finally looked up, and I recognized that look. I realized why he had been so bitchy, and acting so defensive and paranoid. I recognized that look in his eyes, I felt like I'd just been thrown into a time machine and taken back to 2007.

"A-Are you...kidding me...?!" I instantly started crying, almost hysterically. He tried to form some sort of an answer, but all that came out was jumbled words. Max wrapped his arm around my waist, pulling me into his side, and I clung to him for dear life, sobbing now.

"I'm sorry, Scarlet." I heard Ronnie whimper, walking towards me. I shook my head wildly, sobbing. "Get out! Get away from me, stay away from me, stay away from my son, j-j-just...go!" I pulled away from Max and shoved Ronnie as hard as I could, sending him into the table.

"Get out!" I kept screaming this over and over again, hitting him and trying to push him out of the house. "Go! Leave! Out!"

"Scarlet, don't do this!" He begged, trying to hold me still. "I need you!"

"GO!" I cried, shoving him out the door. "STAY AWAY FROM ME!" I closed the door and locked it, standing up against it as he banged his fists and yelled for me. "GO AWAY!"

"Oh my god," Max sighed as Travis started crying. He went into the nursery to get him, and Ronnie continued to bang on the door and beg for me to let him in.

"I'M GONNA CALL THE COPS!" He instantly responded with banging on the door faster and a very loud "NO!".

"Scar, you can't call the cops!!" Max yelled, now holding a very upset Travis.

"Yes I fucking can!" I grabbed the phone and dialed 911.

"SCAR!" Max grabbed the phone and quickly ended the call before it even got the chance to ring. Then, he went over and unlocked the door, letting Ronnie in. "We're not gonna call the cops and risk anything, letting Ronnie look like a maniac banging on the door will probably result in someone else calling the cops. Now can we please all just CALM DOWN." I pulled Max away from Ronnie, taking my son from him. "Keep him away from Travis." I sobbed.

"Scarlet, calm down," Max said quietly, grabbing my chin gently. "Look at me. I'm going to call someone to come over here right now to stay with you. I'm gonna take Ronnie with me, and we're going from there. Alright?"

"Call Jacky." I mumbled. He nodded, going to get my phone. I ignored Ronnie, who was crying, and focused my attention on Travis, who looked scared shitless. "You're alright, baby." I whispered, kissing his chubby cheek. Max emerged from the bedroom, phone pressed to his ear. He told Jacky to get over here, and that everything would be explained later.

"He said he'll be here in a few." Max set my phone down, and I nodded, bouncing Travis slightly.

"I'm sorry, Scar." Ronnie sobbed. I glanced over at him, and felt my heart break at the sight of my husband. He was sitting against the wall now, his face in his hands and his body shaking from his heavy crying.

Jacky arrived minutes later, and he looked utterly confused when he walked in, and then slightly horrified when he saw Ronnie crying hysterically.

"Alright, I'll take him out of here now." Max sighed, walking over to Ronnie and practically dragging him up to his feet. "C-Can I s-s-say g-goodb-bye t-t-to m-m-m-my s-son at l-least...!?" Max looked at me, and I tightened my grip around Travis, shaking my head.

"Scar..." Max looked at me, and Ronnie continued crying. "Please?!"

"Fine." I hesitantly walked towards him, and Ronnie leaned down. Travis instantly put his arms around his neck, and Ronnie gently took him from me, even though I didn't want him to.

"I'm sorry, buddy...I love you." He kissed his son's messy hair over and over again, hugging him tightly. He handed him back to me and left with Max.

I turned to Jacky, who, despite knowing nothing of what was currently going on, opened his arms and engulfed me in a hug.
♠ ♠ ♠
:(

Thanks to xFallingFasterx, hachie, Clik, AkuRoku._., shinigamiroulette, katie, acey5592
and TerriTerror13
for commenting last chapter! <3