Status: Active-ish Depending on Response

Shout

Odd

[2]


"Any parent who's listening, I'm going over to Sam's!" I yell into the house knowing my parents were somewhere with in it. "Any parent who cares," I mumble to myself shutting the door behind me. I knew my parents cared, and that they cared a great deal but being the baby of the family meant that they had been through everything with my brothers already and I was left to monitor myself pretty much.

I flip my curled black hair over my shoulder as I walk down the street smoothing down my skirt as my flats clicked along the sidewalk. I was happy that the Evans family had gotten everything sorted out, when Sam was going through problems last year it broke everyone heart. The day that I dragged Finn and Rachel with me to go buy back his guitar I almost cried at the sheer appreciation and love on his face. He really was a sweet guy and none of us had liked to see him going through such a rough time.

I hear a honk as my older brother Brody drives by and I throw a wave over my shoulder not really caring enough to turn back and talk. He was in his last year of college and drove to school every day. My eldest brother Parker was married now, his wife Lisa with a child on the way from what I had gathered from dinner time gossip. We weren't the Brady Bunch by any means as far as families went but my Dad was a doctor, a surgeon at the hospital in the next town which was far bigger then Lima. My Mom though, was and interior designer and spent her time sending email's back and forth or driving sometimes even flying to her clients. Aside from Brody I was usually the only one even home.

I quickly walk the last few feet before rushing up the Evans' driveway and up the steps to the front door. Just as I was about to knock a familiar head of black hair pushes the door open her expression frowned in confusion and sadness.

"Mercedes? What's the matter?" I question worriedly pushing my sunglasses off my face, "Is Sam alright? What's going on?" I pause before cocking my head to one side, "What are you doing here anyway" I laugh lightly. Mercedes looks startled at my sudden appearance before a look of realization comes over her face and she narrows her eyes at me somewhat, shocking me.

"I was dropping some English homework off for Sam," she answer's a little stiffly holding the door open for me. I frown slightly knowing that Sam had been in class today, it had only been Glee Club that he had missed. "Oh, well. Did you want to work with us for Glee Club? I'm sure Sam wouldn-"

"No" she cuts me off quickly, I jump a little before opening my mouth to retort only to be cut off once more.
"I mean no thanks, Kurt and I were going to work on something together. I think Blaine was going to help. I'm just heading over there now. Have fun," she puts what I knew was a fake smile on her face, "girl."

With that she turns away leaving me to stand in wonder as she heads down the street, turning at the stop sign heading towards the Hummel-Hudson residence. I watch her for a moment before stepping fully into the Evans' home slipping my shoes off and walking into the living room where Sam was sitting on the couch with his head tipped up towards the ceiling with his eyes closed.

"No sleeping, homework time Sam, warm up your pipes we got a song to pick." I order flopping down on the couch beside the blonde haired boy before digging into my purse pulling out a pile of folded papers with lyrics on them. I had more or less Googled this weeks topic and then printed out the lyrics to which I thought were acceptable songs.

"How did I end up stuck with you as a partner?" Sam teases cracking open one of his eyes a small smile on his lips. I shrug, "I can always chase after Merced-"
"No!"

"Alright, alright. What's up with you two today?" I question raising my hands up in surrender moving away from him on the couch as he suddenly sat up very straight grabbing the papers from me sorting through the stack.

"Nothing, nothing." he waves his hand in a lazy gesture before looking up me over the pile. "You can move over you know, I don't bite."

I snort at this know that he had tried to bite me more then once over the summer, usually when I stole food of his but it was still a lie. He was a goofy guy. I eye him suspiciously making him roll his eyes as he moves himself over so our legs were touching.

"Now, lets see what chick music you picked out for us."

Chick music. Right. Say's the boy who sings Justin Beiber.

----------------------------


"Daphne, Kurt!"

My eyes widen in horror and I pull Kurt's arm towards the choir room knowing that she would catch up us anyway. It was inevitable.

"Kurt, Daphne!"
"I can't deal with her today" I whine as Rachel stops beside us a grin on her face. I didn't dislike Rachel Berry but she got on my nerves more then anything in the world. She was one of my friends, yes but she was kind of like a glamor version of a hobbit. One who wore granny sweaters and still managed to dress like a ten year old.

"Be nice," Kurt hisses, I stare at him like he had three heads. Had he totally forgotten the incident in which Rachel had tried to steal his almost then boyfriend? Maybe I held grudges too easily.

"I would just like to say that the two of you are looking fabulous today, as always." she starts giving us a big smile. I feel my eyebrows jump to my hairline and look at Kurt out of the corner of my eye as both our heads move to the side in sync.

"Can we help you Rachel?" Kurt asks barley managing to keep the laugh out of his voice.

"It has come to my attention, though not only my attention but I'm sure everyone else has noticed as well that Daphne has been glowing today. Now normally I wouldn't ask why she is so happy, for it is against my very nature to pry into other people's business but-"

"What are you talking about?" I interrupt her, I hadn't been glowing today. If i had seemed any different then normal then I was more then sure that Kurt would have said something.

"Are you going out with Sam?" she asks slowly. I feel my head snap up and Kurt laughs loudly from beside me. Was that why everyone had been staring at me today?

"Why would-"
It was her turn to interrupt me this time, "It only makes sense, yesterday you were wearing his shirt and then offered to be partners with him in Glee Club. I think most people notice when you and him took off half way through lunch. Now, though I do support your union…"

I tune her out holding in a groan. That was why the shirt Kurt had gave e yesterday looked familiar. Over the summer Sam and I had a water fight with his brother and sister, I had been on my way to Kurt's and had taken one of his shirts when I left so I didn't have to walk over completely soaked. I had obviously left it at Kurt's house after that day and not even noticed. As for lunch we had just went to go over our performance because Sam wanted to get it over with today, something about not being able to miss his football workouts this week.

"Rachel, Rachel!" I wave my hand in front of her face forcing her to trail off. She was now going on about how I had been talking to her about drama just yesterday and now I was stirring up more.

"I'm not going out with Sam, there is nothing going on."
Kurt coughs with a smirk and a roll my eyes before moving in between the two of them leading them towards the choir room. "Now let's go laugh at mine and Sam's performance." I urge.

Everyone was already sitting when we arrived with the exception of Sam and Mr. Schue who were speaking with the band. I feel Kurt give my shoulder a quick squeeze as he removes my bag and brings it over to our regular seats leaving Rachel standing before me. She looks up at me for a moment before offering a smile, "Break a leg!" she says before bouncing over to her regular seat front and center beside an uncomfortable looking Finn. I give her a tight smile in return, with Rachel that statement could probably be taken both ways.

"Okay guys, Sam and Daphne have offered to first so lets all give them our undivided attention." Mr. Schue announces clapping his hands together to catch the attention of the chattering group. I give Sam a large smile in greeting, winking as the music begins to fill the room.

Here's the thing, we started out friends
It was cool, but it was all pretend
Yeah, Yeah, since you been gone


I sing strongly as the music changes once again this time the drums over taking the guitar.

Go ahead as you waste your days with thinking
When you fall everyone sins
Another day and you've had your fill of sinking
With the life held in your-
Hands are shaking cold
These hands are meant to hold

Speak to me, when all you got to keep is strong
Move along, move along like I know you do
And even when you hope is gone
Move along, move along just to make it through
Move along
Move along


Sam's voice fades out as the tempo picks up for my part, I cross the room taking his hands in mine.

How can I put it, you put me on
I even fell for that stupid love song
Yeah, Yeah, since you been gone
How come I'd never hear you say
I just wanna be with you
Guess you never felt that way


I shrug dropping his hands.

But since you been gone
I can breath for the first time
I'm so moving on, yeah, yeah
Thanks to you, now I get, I get what I want
Since you been gone

You had your chance, you blew it
Such a heart that will lead you to deceiving
Out of sight, out of mind

All the pain held in your

Shut your mouth I just can't take it

Your hands are mine to hold!


Sam answer's our back and forth before launching into the into his final bit. I could see the band working hard to keep a simple blend of the two songs, I knew it wasn't an easy thing to do, especially since we didn't exactly plan too hard for this mash-up.

Well all you got to keep is strong
Move along, move along like I know you do
And even when your hope is gone
Move along, move along just to make it through

Move along,
Right back what is wrong
We move along

Since you been gone


We finish breathing heavily, as the Glee Club explodes with clapping and cheers. Sam wraps his arm around my shoulders pulling me to him and kissing the side of my head in a friendly gesture.

"Wow. guys! That was! Wow!" Mr. Schue says looking at a loss of words. We both smile, then Rachel opens her mouth.

"That arrangement was totally all wrong, you guys should hav-"
"Why is she speaking?" Santana snaps giving me a small nod. I feel like her sticking up for me was payment for not laughing in Brittany's face the other day but I wasn't complaining. I rather have Santana on my side then against me.

"Come on" Sam mutters putting his hand on my shoulder and directing me towards Kurt while the rest of the club argued over who was going to go next. I sat down and removed the bag from thereat beside mine urging him to sit beside me. He seems to hesitate for a second but does sit taking the seat between Mercedes and I, sitting rim-rod straight. Odd.

"We'll go next Mr. Schue!" Mercedes suddenly yells springing out of her seat like her ass was on fire. She almost trips over me while she grabs Kurt who gave me a slightly pleading look as he was dragged to the front by our younger friend.

Very odd.
♠ ♠ ♠
Songs: Since U Been Gone-Kelly Clarkson and Move Along-All American Rejects.