Status: Active-ish Depending on Response

Shout

Sleep

"You're way too happy" I accuse pointing a finger at my best friends boyfriend. Blaine Anderson raises an eyebrow at me as I reach across the table to poke at him. "Are you on drugs? What kind? Have any extra?" I question rapidly before I feel my shit being tugged backwards into my seat by an amused Burt Hummel.

"No drug deals at the dinner table, Daphne"
"I'll share?" I offer with a smirk making the new Mrs. Hummel (Finns Mom) choke on her dinner slightly. Burt shakes his head before letting out a loud laugh, Finn joining in soon after.

"Don't encourage her" Kurt scolds, "You think she's joking and she mostly likely isn't".

I wrinkle my nose at my best fin before moving to kick him under the table, accidentally hitting Finn in the shin. "Ow" he mutters catching the attention of the others who were now looking at the two of us curiously.
"That's not how you play footsie's Finn!" I tease making Kurt chuckle and Finn turn bright red.

"Daphne, leave Finn alone" Burt warns, I guess knowing me since I was in diapers has it's advantages. "B-but! Burt!"
"Does Finn torment you at your house?" he asks, I'm sure it was rhetorical but I chose to answer anyways.

"I don't know, Finn wanna come over sometime and kick me in the shin?"
Finn clears his throat uncomfortably as both Blaine and Kurt laugh into their chests, his Mom also trying to keep a smile off her face. "I'm good".

I flash him a grin before shoving some more potatoes into my mouth letting out a small little moan. "Mrs. Hummel the food is to die for, I never get food like this. Can I move in? I'll share Kurt's room you won't even know I'm here." I joke making Carole laugh lightly.

"I thought you did live here, I'm pretty sure I've fed you more then Kurt" she reminds me referring to a week where Kurt had gone to see his Aunt over the summer. I had been pretty bored at home and no one else had been around so I had spent the majority of my time over at Kurt's house baking and shopping with his new step-mother. I regret nothing.

"I'm sure you've always wanted a daughter, I was happy to help"
"She's wanted a daughter not a pain in the- OUCH!" Finn is cut off as my foot meet his shin once more. Oh how I loved "family dinner night".

It was some time later after dinner that we had all scattered, Blaine had gone home after a while and Kurt and were now happily sitting in his room getting ready for bed.

"You know," I start causing him to look up from his mirror, "Mr. Schue would be a total DILF if he had a kid…"

Kurt raises and eyebrow, "And he needs a kid to make him attractive?"
"Well if he doesn't he's just Schue and I wouldn't be able to take him seriously. I had a dream about him the other night, he was trying to get me to do my Spanish homework. Screaming verbs at me! It was terrifying."

"Right…" Kurt trails off his eyes locked on the open door. I whip around quickly loosing my balance on the side of the bed crashing to the floor much to my own embarrassment and Kurt's horror.

"Everything okay up there?" Burt calls up the stairs, Kurt calls back that everything was fine as I glare at Finn who was standing in the open doorway, hands on his knees laughing his ass off.

"How long were you standing there" I demand pushing myself off the floor and stomping over to the taller boy who was still chuckling whilst giving me a silly little smile. Anyone who knew me did know that I had a soft spot for Finn. He was cute, okay I found him incredibly adorable but he was drama in the form or a person. Even though I would probably pay to have his lips on mine for even two seconds I couldn't bring myself to throw myself to the sharks known as Rachel and Quinn.

Finn smirks leaning against the door to Kurt's room,, crossing his arms.
"Long enough to know you'd do Schue if he had a kid." He teases making me gasp in mock horror. I doubted he'd go spreading that around or anything, Finn wasn't that much of a jackass.

"It's not nice to eavesdrop Finnigan"
"My name's not-"
"Would you two shut up?" Kurt asks going over to his bed and throwing the covers back, "Now if you two don't mind I need my beauty sleep so either take this conversation elsewhere or get you ass in this bed Daphne."

"But he-"
"You two are like a married couple, now are you coming or going?"

"You sounded kinda like Coach Beiste right there" Finn replies as Kurt continues to stare us down. Kurt shakes his head sliding into bed and pulling the covers over him on the right side and hitting the bedside lamp.

"Do what you will with her then, just try not to wake me up when you come in" Kurt warns, his voice muffled by the blankets that were now surrounding him. I shrug and follow Finn into the hall closing the door quietly behind me following the school's quarterback into his bedroom.

"Do you ever clean your room?" I question following him into the room leaving the door open, he shrugs laying back on his bed and I briefly wonder if he had ever brought Quinn back here before they broke up. Had they laid on that bed together cuddling, whispering sweet nothings back and forth while Burt and Carole were out.

I sit on his desk chair and tap my foot a little uncomfortably, as much as I hung out with Kurt I didn't really spend a lot of time with Finn, weather it be alone or in a group setting. We spoke yes, but this was just awkward. "So….-"
"Ms. Pillsbury would be a total MILF" Finn announces sitting up slightly in his bed with a smile.

I laugh at this getting off the chair to sit at the foot of his bed. Maybe this wouldn't be so bad awkward after all.

----------------------------


I feel the arm tighten around my waist and sigh contently, it wasn't odd for Kurt and I to wake up spooning. There wasn't anything sexual about it but it was usually the other way, I was usually the big spoon…

Shifting around slightly I snuggle into the blankets feeling the rough covers scratch against my face. Wait…rough? My eyes snap open, these were not Kurt's Egyptian cotton sheets, these were rough and probably below a 500 thread count. I feel the body shift behind me and I close my eyes quickly knowing exactly who's bed I was in, praying he didn't wake up I let my mind whiz putting the events together.

Finn and I rating the teachers in the school, talking about Glee Club and the football that was coming up. Things we did over the summer complete with a quitter Finn when I mentioned all the time I spent with Sam. Moody Finn then talked about what he hoped to accomplish during the year, we had talked about college next year and which school's we were hoping to go to.

Ohio University being the first on both of our lists.

Finn shifts again in his sleep pulling me closer to him his hand gripping my waist with an unusual amount of strength for someone who was asleep. I contemplate my current position and wonder if I could move enough to take my phone off the side table and text Kurt for help. I'm sure he'd enjoy my embarrassment.

Just as I go to move my arm towards the bedside table Finn lets out a small groan and I feel his grip tighten and then relax. He was awake. I let my body go limp giving the illusion of sleep, silently praying that he would get up and leave the room. This was weird enough as it was.

"What the…" Finn mumbles sleepily before I hear a quiet chuckle. I freeze as his weight shifts once more and his arm is removed from my waist.

"Daphne?" he calls quietly. I stay still making sure my eyes were closed tightly. Suddenly his hand is on my shoulder and I feel him softly brush my hair off of my shoulder, it wasn't rough like I expected but the movement fluid, like a cress. I try not to shudder at the contact, not being able to remember the last time I had been touched so intimately.

His hand brushes the hair back and I feel the cool morning air on my neck, it was only a moment before I could feel his hot breath on my neck and a slow kiss was placed on my shoulder. My eyes twitch at this as I repress the urge to let them fly open in surprise. Deciding that I had been feigning sleep long enough I squirm slightly, feeling Finn back away quickly the bed bouncing as he throws his legs over the side, a dull thump sounding through the room at they hit the floor.

"Knock, knock!" Kurt's voice sings as I hear the door open, Finn swearing under his breath. "Finn did Daph-Ah yes I see she did." his voice lowers his voice slightly.

"Yeah, we-uh, right. Is my Mom home?" Finn stutters, I almost wanted to sit up and slap him, he made himself sound guilty. I mean yes, he was guilty but I very much wasn't guilty of anything but sleeping. Well- and pretending to be asleep.

"No, they left early this morning. She went with my Dad to pick something up in Lafayette, remember?"

I hear Finn grunt slightly before leaving the room, the bed dipping as someone - Kurt - sits on the end of it.

"I know you're awake."

Shit.
♠ ♠ ♠
Reviews?