Status: Very active!

Joke's on You

Cry Me A River

I sat at the breakfast table alone for the first time in almost three years. My leg was perched up on the bench while my head rested in the palm of my hand. I poked at my eggs with the fork in my other hand, but I soon was forced to draw my attention to Professor Dumbledore.

I held much respect for him as a Headmaster, but I couldn’t stand the long, droning speeches he gave so many times a year. I think most of the students of Hogwarts and maybe some of the professors would agree with me. Eventually the Goblet of Fire began to expel the names of those who would perform the in the Tri-Wizard tournament.

Fleur Delacour from Beauxbatons.

Viktor Krum from Durmstring.

And finally Cedric Diggory who was representing our school. At first I thought Fallon threw her arms around him because they were in the same house and she had been happy for him. Then I noticed their lips lock for a few seconds. I nearly spat out my pumpkin juice onto the floor. Of course this caught their attention, but Cedric quickly ignored my actions due to the overwhelming support his house was giving him. Fallon on the other hand was staring me down. She looked almost devilish.

Somehow Harry managed to get his name in the Goblet. I was jealous and wanted to know how he did it, but I had to go find Iris. I wondered if she knew that Diggory and Fallon were together? I was positive Fred didn’t know and that’s what truly plucked my nerves. After all of the things they’ve been through, Fallon didn’t even have the audacity to tell Fred that she had moved on.

I was heading up to the Gryffindor common room when I heard my name being called. As I turned around I realized it was no one other than Fallon running up the staircase towards me. She was holding her hands out gesturing for me to wait. I should have just left her where she was, but being the nice bloke that I was, I decided to wait for her.

“George, please hear me out.” Fallon’s hands gripped her robe as she trudged up the stairs. “It’s not what you think.”

“Fallon, I am not an idiot. You always pegged me for one and I don’t quite understand why.” I ran my fingers through my hair as I stared at her waiting for an answer.

“I know it looks bad cause Fred and I haven’t been apart long, but I really like Cedric.” Fallon’s eyes began to water and soon enough tears were cascading down her face. “Please, don’t tell Fred.”

“He’s going to find out eventually. If you don’t tell him, I will. And when I tell him, it won’t be pretty.” I began walking up the stairs once more. I felt Fallon grab onto my robe and pull me back. I nearly tumbled backwards down the stairs. “What in the bloody hell are you doing?”

When I turned around she had thrown herself on the ground. She looked pitiful and pathetic. “He can’t know, George. He just can’t. He’ll hurt Cedric. Please, keep this between us.”

“Fallon, do me a favor?”

“W-w-what?” Fallon wiped her eyes with the back of her hand.

“Cry me a river.”
♠ ♠ ♠
And here is part seventeen.
I hope you guys are enjoying this.
It's a pleasure to write.