Status: Very active!

Joke's on You

Making Up

I stretched my arms out wide as I woke up from my deep slumber. I turned over to see Fred still sleeping; his mouth open while drool hung his lip to the pillow. I laughed to myself and rolled back over.

I had dozed back off when suddenly I heard Neville’s voice full of panic. “Bloody hell!” He exclaimed. “I’m going to be late for Potions!”

I pulled the curtain away from my face and peeked out, “Neville?”

“Not now Weasley! I’m going to be late for class!” He was struggling to put his socks on. Soon enough he had toppled over onto the bed in his usual struggle.

“Neville, it’s Saturday.”

“It is?”

I didn’t even bother answering. I threw the curtain closed and plopped back down on my pillow. I was dead set on going back to sleep, but obviously fate had other plans for me. The call of an Snow Owl echoed through the dormitory as he flew to my bedside. It sat perched on the nightstand between Fred and I’s bed. I took the envelope from the bird’s mouth. I carefully opened it and pulled out the parchment. As soon as I saw the neat cursive writing I knew it was from Iris. A rush of nervousness rushed over me and I hesitantly opened the letter.

Georgie,

I’m so sorry about what I’ve done. I feel like the worst person in the world. If you don’t ever want to see me again, I would understand. I can’t even bare to look at myself right now. I couldn’t sleep at all last night and now I find it hard to eat my breakfast as I writing to you. I just needed to apologize the best way I knew how, in words. If you want to talk, I’ll be in my usual spot at the library. I’m skipping the trip to Hogsmeade, just in case you are wondering.

Iris Gladsmeer


I sighed deeply as I folded the note back up and slid it under my pillow. As I was about to get up Fallon’s chipper voice came from the doorway, “Fred Weasley, it’s time to get your pansy arse up!”

“Why?” My brother moaned into his pillow.

“Don’t tell me you forgot!” I laughed as she skipped over to the side of his bed and pulled the curtains back. “We have a date today, remember?”

Soon enough Lee shot up out of bed and yelled, “Fallon, can you be a little more quieter. We don’t have to leave until eleven and it’s only nine.”

Fallon bowed her head and mumbled a sorry. I ignored the rest of her and Fred’s conversation. I quickly gathered my red and gold striped sweater and a pair of black slacks from the trunk that I kept hidden under my own bed. I trudged to the shower area, took a warm shower, got dressed quickly, and headed down to the library. By the time I reached my destination, most of the school had cleared out for the trip to Hogsmeade.

As the library door shut behind me, Iris’s hazel eyes instantly caught my gaze. I smiled weakly as I approached the table in the back left corner. She looked down at her books as she bit her lip. I could tell she was nervous. If I was correct, Iris had probably been crying as well.

“You came…” her voice cracked slightly.

“I wasn’t going to leave you here all alone.”

Iris sighed softly and wiped her eyes, “So you only came cause you felt bad for me?”

I took a seat in the chair on the other side of the desk, “You know that’s not what I meant.”

“Then what did you mean?”

“I’m sorry to, you know? I’m not that much of an arse. I do feel bad. I’m sorry I told Fred. I’m sorry I let you get away. I’m sorry I beat up Malfoy. I’m just sorry for everything.”

Iris smirked, “You aren’t sorry you beat up Malfoy.”

I threw my hands into the air, “Okay! Maybe not that, but I am sorry about everything else.” I brought my hands back down and scooted the chair closer to Iris’s. I took her hand in mine and kissed it gently, “I am sorry, Iris.”

“I don’t want to fight anymore, Georgie.” Iris rested her head on my shoulder and kissed my neck, sending shivers down my spine.

I moved my head to the side, forcing her to move her own, but this way we were looking at each other, “I’ll stop being a git, I promise.”

“Alright.”

We sat there for a few moments caught up in each other’s eyes. I brought my hand to the side of her face and caressed her cheek with my fingertips. Iris slipped her hand under my sweater and rested it on my bare skin.

“You’re always so warm…” she mumbled.

I laughed softly, “And you are always so cold.”

A sly smirk played upon her lips, “Then help me get warm, Georgie.”

I slid my hand under her skirt until my fingers could touch the hem of her panties, “With pleasure."
♠ ♠ ♠
Should George and Iris make whoopie?
Seriously.
Just let me know.
:)