Status: Very active!

Joke's on You

Jealousy

“Fred?” I waved my hands in front of his face. In all honesty, I felt like smacking him. I knew when he was lying about something and it bloody pissed me off when he kept things from me. He brought his gaze up to meet my own, “Where were you really this morning?”

Lee had turned his attention elsewhere. He never was one to get involved in drama.

“George, I’d rather not talk about it.” Fred shoved a fork-full of scrambled eggs into his mouth.

I leaned in closer to him, “I’m your brother. I can’t believe you told Lee and not me.”

“That’s rubbish. How would you know what I told Lee?”

“For starters, you aren’t making much eye contact with me. Then there is the fact that Lee just got up and walked out without saying one word to either of us.” I was fuming by this point.

“Can we at least talk about it in Potions?” Fred piled more eggs onto his plate and poured himself another glass of pumpkin juice.

“No, you git! You can tell me now!” I was so angry at my brother, I couldn’t fathom eating or drinking anything more.

Fred sighed deeply, “Look, Fallon and I have been, uh…what’s that muggle term I’m looking for…hooking up.”

“Hooking up as in shagging?”

Fred nodded his head and continued to stare at his plate of food. My eyes went wide and I felt like throwing the remains of my pumpkin juice in his face. “I can’t believe you, Fred.”

That’s when his eyes snapped up. The aggravation I had caused was evident in his facial expression. “You have no room to talk, you bloody git! You were alone with Iris last night in the Hufflepuff common room. You honestly think I’m going to believe that you two didn’t do anything?”

“As a matter of fact, we didn’t do anything. We held hands. That was it. We’ve only been dating…” I glanced up at the clock that hung above the door, “For four hours, Fred. Are you and Fallon even really together?”

Fred hung his head once more, “George, I’m going to Potions.”

And that was it. Fred pushed his plate away, gathered his books, and walked away from me. I knew I should have left after him, but I need a moment to breath. A second later Luna Lovegood approached me shyly. “Yes, Luna?”

“Jealousy doesn’t suit you, George.” Anybody else would have gotten mad at her for even ease-dropping, but she was so soft spoken it was hard to have any resentment towards Luna.

“I’m not jealous, Luna.” I brought my hands up to my face and held them there.

“You should just concentrate on what you have with Iris.”

Luna didn’t say anymore and casually walked away, probably to her first class of the day. I began gathering my things as well as I thought about what she had said. It was true; I was jealous of what my brother had with Fallon. I wanted to be physical with Iris. Not because of the hormones that drove us all bonkers sometimes, but because I wanted to feel that closeness. Iris wasn’t just any girl and I wouldn’t treat her like she was any girl.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to those who have commented and subscribed.
It means a lot to Alex and I.