The True Lives of the Fablous Killjoys

chapter 17

When they finally reached the bottom they saw something that surprised them, all the Dracs and Scarecrows were gone. Thunder Basher jogged over to them and smiled the biggest grin Devious Séance had ever seen.
“We won!” she yelled. The crowd of surviving Killjoys whooped in delight.
“Where did the Scarecrows and Dracs go? Vintage Insanity asked as he put his arm around Devious Séances waist.
“They ran! Isn’t it great?” But Devious Séance wasn’t so sure. Faintly she heard a ticking sound. But she couldn’t be sure over the celebration of the Killjoys.
“Shut up everybody. I hear something. “ Instantly everybody shut up and Devious Séance could clearly hear the ticking. She unlatched herself from Vintage Insanity and walked over to the wall. The placed and ear to it and instantly knew what the ticking was. She backed up in horror. Vintage Insanity instantly ran up and looked her in the eye.
“What is it?” He asked in worry,
“It’s a bomb.” At the top of his lungs vintage insanity yelled: “Everybody out! There’s a bomb!” Suddenly there was a mad scramble for the door. People were pushing and shoving one another. In rush to get out Vintage Insanity lost Devious Séance. He continued the way out and ran over the bridge to join the other killjoys. He couldn’t see Devious Séance anywhere.
“Devious séance?” He yelled. But it was covered up by the sound of the BLI building exploding into millions of pieces of rubble. He looked at it in terror. Was Devious Séance in there? He couldn’t bear to lose her again. Suddenly he saw a flash of red and black by the burning building and ran over to it. He ran back across the bridge to meet a stumbling Devious Séance. He rushed over to her as she crumpled to the ground with a cough. He scooped her up and pulled him into his chest. Her breathing was low and shallow. She smelled of smoke and ash. He didn’t care though. She was alive. He bent down and placed a small kiss on her lips. As he pulled away her eyes fluttered open.
“What was that for?” she asked sleepily.
“Just because you’re alive. What was with you being in an exploding building?”
“Dropped my glasses” she quietly. He chuckled, of course, she dropped her glasses and went back to get them.
“You are insane.”
“I am insanely tiered.” She muttered back.
“Go back to sleep then.” Nodding she snuggled deeper into his chest and quickly fell asleep. He walked back over to the Trans-Am to find Thunder Basher and Party Poison. Thunder Basher looked sacredly at Devious Séance.
“She’s fine, just asleep.” Thunder Basher Relaxed and walked over to him. She reached into Devious Séances pocket and pulled out the keys.
“I’ll drive, “she said as she unlocked the car. Vintage Insanity climbed into the backseat with Devious Séance still in his arms. He placed her in his lap and leaned up against the window. Party poison climbed in and Thunder Basher set off to who knows where, probably the diner.
As they were driving down the road Vintage Insanity thought to himself how everything was going to change. They were going to have to figure things out all over again. All the citizens that were not killjoys were too hyped up on the emotion controlling pills to do anything ,so it was all up to the killjoys to create a new world. Dr. Death Defying would probably take over running Battery City while they figured out what to do. Without realizing he had been muttering his thoughts under his breath Devious Séance leaned up and kissed him to shut him up.
“Stop muttering I am trying to sleep. Everything’s going to be fine “she said.
“I know,” he said as he kissed her again. Devious Séance laid back down again and Vintage Insanity chuckled. Most things would be different, but Devious Séance would always be the same.
♠ ♠ ♠
there you go! hope you liked it! I wrote this about My chemical Romance's album Danger Days. Check out their cds they are amazing!