Catch Me If You Can

Chapter 10

I was so confused. How did Conner know that I lived here before I moved to Alabama? Why would he tell Catrina to move into my old house? How did I end up back here? What did he want? What did she want? Too many questions swam around in my head.

"Who are you? Like, how do you know Conner?" I started me series of questions.

"I'm his sister." She answered.

"Why did he want you to move here? Into my old house where my whole family practically died."

She gave me a look like I had two heads. "I was moving out of the house and he helped me pick a house. I didn't know that this was your old home, and I'm terribly sorry about your family. But how could they be dead? You live with them in Alabama, don't you?"

"No they adopted me because my real biological family died. Gone." I felt a lump in the back of my throat, I tried swallowing it down.

"Oh..."

"But it's over, that's the past, time to live in the present. Anyways, " I sniffled, "If you live all the way over here in Mississippi, then how did you find me in Alabama?"

"I was visiting the family,"

"Why didn't you just take me to you're parents house?"

"I was on my way here,"

"Wouldn't it have been easier to just bring me to your parent's house?"

"I guess,"

"So why didn't you just bring me there?"

"They were in an argument with Conner. That's also why I left."

"Oh," That made sense, I guess.

So, with the knowledge I have managed to obtain, I was guessing she didn't know that Conner was the bad guy in my life, and that she wasn't helping him in whatever devious scheme he had up his sleeve. Even though I have no clue what I have done to him to deserve this.

Thinking back to Conner, I thought about the last time I saw him, which was this morning. The whole thing came back to me, it hit me like a baseball bat hit a baseball being pitched at it, right on the sweet spot.

"Well, what happened? Like, at the park."

"I don't know. I was walking to my car and I heard a strange noise coming from the park. I looked across the street and saw what looked like a person passed out by the swings. It happened to be you. I went over to see if you were OK."

"Oh," My head throbbed.

"Now, who are YOU?"

"I'm Amber. Amber Murphy. I was adopted my Maryssa and Robbie..." And that's all I could say. I wasn't much more than that.

"No biological brothers or sisters? What happened to your mom and dad?"

That's when I couldn't hold back any tears. "I neer met my dad, he died when I was young. I was to young to remember him. My sister died in a car crash. My brother's in the mental institution. My mom died..." I fell to the floor. I couldn't speak.

"Sshh," Catrina sat on the floor beside me and pulled me into her lap. "She was murdered!" I screamed. "He killed her!" I slamed my fist on the floor. My sadness forming into anger.

"Who? Who killed her?"

"Him!" I screatched. "Him! It was him!"

Catrina gave up. She didn't ask who I was talking about.

[center=]~~~~~@~~~~~

I don't knw how many hours passed. Nor did I really care. At this point, I just wish I was dead; I wish I was home.

Catrina had left my room when I fell asleep. I just woke up. I wonder how long I was asleep. It was dark out now, and I was kind of uncomfortable considering this was the house me mother died in just about a month ago. I wish Blake was here. I wish I never ran from him.

It was like Catrina knew me; like she knew when I woke up, how long I slept, how I was feeling, when I wanted to be alone, when I didn't want to be alone. The door creaked open and she poked her head in.

I sat up so she knew I was awake. She probably knew any ways.

"Hey sweetie," She came in and sat at the foot of the bed.

"Hey," My voice choked. I barely knew her, yet I felt totally safe to confide to her.

"How are you holding up?" She most likely already knew the answer.

"I want to go home,"

"Do you have anyoner to call?"

I thought about it, "Yes."

"Why don't you give them a call, tell them I'll drive you back home first thing in the morning."

I didn't want to call Blake. What if he was mad at me and told me that he didn't care about me anymore and that I should just stay here? Ort worse; what if he ignored my call completely?

I didn't want to call Maryssa. I don't her need to worry about me, she already had enough on her hands, considering she was going into surgery next week.

Ronnie was history. Conner was the bad guy. Everyone else I've chosen to put in my past so I could try to start over.

I had nobody.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took me so long to update! I'm getting back into the whole writing thing again, I'm going to try to update atleast every-other week, if not more frequent. Recommend and Subscribe plesase!