Catch Me If You Can

Chapter 5

~*~*~*Blake's POV*~*~*~

I ended up not telling her. She knew I had something to say, but I managed to avoid it by distracting her with a kiss... or two.

Now, we stood in the kitchen talking to each other in low voices. We were careful not to wake Maryssa.

I took another sip of coffee. "So, are you going to school today?" I asked her.

She finished chewing some scrambled eggs she had made for herself then answered, "No, I'm just awake and got all dressed for no reason." Note the sarcasm.

"Oh, OK." I shrugged.

"I was being sarcastic."

"I know." I guess neither of us were in a good mood today. I was guessing since I woke up 3 hours earlier, I was cranky. Her... I was just guessing PMS.

"Oh god..." Her hand flew to her mouth.

"What?" I put my coffee mug on the counter and rushed over to her.

"I think I'm gonna..." She made a gagging sound. She got up and ran to the bathroom. From what I heard, she was sick.

I slowly walked over to the bathroom door. She was bent over the toilet, one hand holding back her hair, the other around her own stomach. I felt bad for her. So I went in and sat by her, I wrapped my hand around her hair and pulled it further back. I rubbed her back with my other hand.

We stayed that way for a while.
*~*~*Amber's POV*~*~*

My stomach turned non-stop. This went on for at least half an hour.

Blake got up and left the room. I was scared. I didn't want to be alone. But he returned a moment later with his keys in his hands.

"That's it, we're going to the hospital." He picked me up and carried out of the house, he put me in the passenger side of his truck.

"But Blake," my voice shook, "What if..."

"If it happens, it happens. I don't care, we're going to the hospital." His voice was serious. He buckled me in and slammed the door shut. The loud bang made my head hurt. On the bright side, my stomach wasn't turning as much, and I thought I might actually make it through the car ride without getting sick.

He sat in the driver's seat and turned the car on, before backing out of the driveway he looked at me a minute. His face softened, then into something sad. But he said nothing.

We backed out of the driveway and sped down the street. Passing other driver's who honked at us as we passed. Originally, it would take 45 minutes to get to the hospital. But at the speed Blake was driving, it only took us 30 minutes to get there. And I had only gotten sick once, but managed to get my window down.

He parked on the line between two parking spaces, not caring if he'd get towed. He raced to my side of the car and pulled me out of the car.

"Blake, I'm fine. I can at least walk on my own..." I protested but he ignored me, picking me up and carrying me through the double doors of the hospital.

"We need a wheel chair...." A nurse called to another.

"No need. We just need a room. I'll fill the paper work out when she's in a room." He walked over to the doors that lead to the hallway that broke off into rooms.

"Sir, you would need to wait a moment." Then I got sick.

"Follow me." Another nurse said, opening the doors. I had closed my eyes so I had no idea where we were exactly.

I felt the softness of a bed underneath me, and voices that got more distant as they talked. I felt so tired. Even though I just woke up about 2 or 3 hours ago.

I took a deep breath and without realizing it, I fell asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment and subscribe guys!

Don't be a silent reader, I love to hear from my readers, even if it is just "Hi". :)