Catch Me If You Can

Chapter 7

We sat on the couch together as he tried explaining things to me. He told me my options. I couldn't believe what I was hearing.

"You could always choose abortion..."

"I don't believe in that crap," I kept my eyes on the floor.

"OK, well there are other options..."

"How did he know? Why was he the one to tell me?" I asked.

He took a few minutes to think, before he actually responded. "I think he was following us this morning. Like, to the hospital. Because when you were passed out, and the doctor was telling me. Conner had walked in and heard the news. I told him to leave. He did, but I didn't think he'd have the balls to do anything g about it."

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"I was going to when I got you back to your room but that asshole interrupted me." He explained.

Everything Blake was telling me did make since if you think about it long enough. The whole Conner thing at the party, the tension between Blake and Conner when ever they were around each other, and the bad dreams...

That last thought lead me to another topic:

The curse. Oh this deadly curse. Although the strangest thing is happening. I was happy the other night, but no body is dead or on a coma. I started puzzling things together. Was Conner the one who's been killing the people in my life? Was he waiting for the right moment? I knew he would eventually kill again, but when exactly? Who would it be? That one was a obvious question to answer. Blake.

"I'm going to keep it." I said without thinking.

"What?" Blake leaned a little closer, probably thinking he hadn't heard me right. If Conner was going to take Blake, I would still want to keep a part of him.

"I want to keep the baby." I repeated myself.

He looked at me. Strait into my eyes. "What if it's not mine?" He chewed his lip.

"What do you mean?"

"The party..."

I held myself back from slapping him when he mentioned the party. But then again he did have a point.

"I'll get a fraternity test." I told him.

Then he looked sad. Did he want a child? Was he scared that it wasn't his? Is he upset that I'm giving my life up for a child? What was it?

"Why are you upset?"

"I just don't want anyone to make a mistake right now."

"Its a mistake to have a child?"

"That's not what I'm saying."

"Then what are you saying?" I stood up, furious now.

"Amber, I just..."

"Save it." I walked into my room, shut the door in his face and I locked it.

I slipped on some jeans, and a t-shirt. I grabbed my sweater and opened the window.

"Amber, I didn't mean to upset you. I just..."

I didn't hear the rest. I jumped out the window and ran out of the yard. I ran down the street. I didn't stop running until I was about a half a mile away. "Shit I forgot the box!" I turned around. But as soon as I did I saw Blake's truck coming towards me. I spun around a booked it.

It was an obvious fact that he was going to catch me. Honestly, I didn't want to be caught. I turned into someones yard, and hopped the fence. There was a dog.... and it chased me. Of course, just my luck. But it didn't catch me, I jumped over their neighbor's fence. I just kept jumping fences, until I finally fell. I panicked. I didn't know if Blake was right behind me or what, so I quickly army crawled into near by bushes.

About a minute later I saw Blake jump over the fence. He was oblivious to everything else.

He had chased after me.
♠ ♠ ♠
WOW Comment and let me know what you guys think. Didn't see this coming did you? neither did I, i just kind of wrote it. :)