Catch Me If You Can

Chapter 8

I sat there, breathless for a few moments. Then When I knew he was gone, I stood up and dusted the dirt and grass of my pants. I sighed, knowing that I'd have to go back. I couldn't support myself. I had no money and no where to go. But, I was NOT going back home any time soon. Later, yes. Right now, no.

I walked over to to the fence entrance and opened the gate. Looking both ways before crossing the street, I crossed and walked down the street. I didn't know where I was going, but I just kept on walking. I didn't care if I got lost. I started thinking about why I ran. Was it because I didn't want to believe what I was hearing? Was it because it sounded like Blake doubted me and I just didn't want to hear it? Or was it simply because I just wanted time alone?

As I turned the corner onto Coe Street, there was a little park. It had a wide swinging area with six swings. I walked over to the one farthest to the right. I went back and forth, focusing on the sound of leaves rustling in the wind above my head.

I thought about what would happen to me. What would happen to Blake. What would happen to the baby, which I wasn't even sure if I was going to keep him/her. I mean, If I was going to carry the child for nine months, I would want it to be worth something... right? To me, abortion wasn't even an option. I hated it. To me, it was death. No matter what view you have of it. It's death no matter what. It is killing a living thing; and it hasn't even had a chance to live yet. Cruel. Just Cruel.

The wind blew, making my hair cover my face. I wiped my face clear and... something... someone... was there. Over by the slide... they were watching me. I stayed still, not knowing what to do. I blinked to see if I were seeing clearly. The person had moved closer. I was scared to blink again.

The person was female. She had long black hair and.. I blinked.

She was about 2 yards from me. My breath stopped coming, her piercing red eyes stared into mine. Her pale skin looked as if it were shining.

"Run.." I heard a voice. She hadn't moved her lips so it mustn't have been her... was it?

This girl looked fragile... hurt... broken. She looked sad, like there was an unsolved mystery she begged me to solve. And there was just something about her that seemed familiar. But how?

"Run.." I heard that voice again.

When I didn't move, the wind picked up. This time her mouth did move... But she wasn't saying 'Run'.

"Help," A blue tear rolled down her cheek.

"Run..." It was like the wind was whispering to me. I didn't know who to trust, the wind or the crying girl who was practically at my feet.

It felt as if someone was strangling me. I heard screaming but i knew it wasn't an external scream. it was a scream only I could hear. This has happened before. When I was six years old... when my life ended... when everyone started dying. Was it my turn to die? Or was it the child I carried they were trying to get? Were they lifting my curse or was it coming back stronger than ever?

I didn't know because I passed out.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took so long and sorry its so short. im actually running short on ideas on how to get to the main thing. plus theres been a lot of shit happening i just can't focus... I promise i'll try no make my next update sooner :/