Catch Me If You Can

Chapter 9

My head hurl like a Bitch. I rolled over, but instead of rolling over peacefully, I fell off the edge of what was either a bed or a couch.

"Fuck my life!" I yelled. My eyes were still squeezed shut.

I heard footsteps a little ways away, but soon got closer. They weren't Blake; I knew that as a fact. They weren't soft like; they weren't gentile yet protective. It wasn't Conner; They weren't rough nor loud. They were more.. feminine. I just realized, since when did I become an expert on footsteps?

The door to the room creaked open and I saw petite, slippers. They walked over to me.

"Miss?" I high voice rang. I looked up to see a woman looking down at me. She had long, silk-like hair. Her skin was perfect, not one blemish, mark or scar. Her dimples showed when she smiled. She giggled a little bit but held the rest back. She offered her hand.

I took it and stood up. She was my height. "Hi," She greeted me kindly, "I'm Catrina," We shook hands.

"I'm Amber."

"Pretty name." She kept smiling.

I felt really awkward. I was in a place I didn't know where, with a woman (Who know who else might be here) whom I didn't not know. I just stood my ground and kept quiet.

"I know you don't know where you are, and I just seem like a random woman who has popped into your life,"

'And you're telling me.' I thought to myself.

"But I'll explain it to you soon enough. But first, would you like some hot chocolate or something?"

I thought about it. I mean, what could go wrong? "Yea. sure."

"OK," She turned and started leaving the room. I followed her like a puppy. She turned around to face me; Catrina put a hand up. "Don't follow me. I'll be back in a minute."

Then she left me standing there like an idiot.

This was cool. Me being in a stranger's house, who-knows-where with who-knows-who. I looked around the room that I have failed to recognized. It was my old room. My old room that was in my old house. How did I get here? Why was I here? My heart started to pound against my rib cage.

The wooden door opened and Catrina came through the door.

"Who are you?" I asked. My words came out sounding harsh, but I didn't tend for them to sound that way. Did I?

"Catrina." She answered, placing a steaming cup on a little table by the bed.

"No. I meant who are you? How..." My hands reached up to hold my head, I started to panic. "This is my old house. The one my mother died in. You must already know who I am, you must already know my story. There is no way that I ended up back here on accident." My words seemed to slur together, or it could have just been me.

Catrina just kinda stood there.

"Well??" I raised my voice.

"I know of you, yes."

"How?" I demanded an answer.

"Conner."

My heart stopped.

"Conner told me."
♠ ♠ ♠
ooooo So Conner told her. What do you think, is Catrina siding with Conner or is she helping Amber??

(Sorry about the long wait for the update, haven't been into it lately. I'm going to try to update waaaayyyy quicker next time)