Sequel: I Need You
Status: 10 Stars Baby!!!

Separated

Raine

I felt bad for causing Zeke to leave to the other room. But Hale, just, I don't know, he just always knows what to say and what to do to make me feel...happy. Truly happy, like fully of rainbows and unicorns... Okay maybe not that much but it's not that far off. For now, nothing could hurt us. Nothing could separate us or even threaten us. Together we were invincible, apart we were to broken individuals causally waltzing through life; existing.

I'm glad I didn't leave.

**


Or maybe I'm not. It's been a month and nothing has happened with the whole Hillary situation, but something new has emerged from the darkest depths of my own person hell.

Prom.

Whenever I hear that it makes me want to crawl into a hole and hide until its over. Unfortunately I'm going this year. Fortunately it's with Hale, but still, I hate it. It's a popularity contest for king and queen and all the 'dancing' is grinding. Prom is really the bane of my existence.

"Raine hurry up, Hale already has his on!" I heard Zeke whine. I sighed and stepped out, dreading every moment of it. I was in a normal black tux with a red belt and a red tie. I looked over and saw that Hale was wearing the same exact suit. I looked him up and down as he did the same to me.

"Now run scramble yourselves and I'll guess who is who." Zeke giggled and turned around. I sighed and Hale and I walked around in a circle and ended up where we had been before. Zeke turned around and looked at us. He started rubbing his chin and looking us up and down.

He pointed at me. "Raine." Then he pointed to Hale. "Hale." I looked at Hale with eyes the size of the moon.

"How did you know that?" I gasped, while Hale just shrugged nonchalantly.

"Well Hale's hair is darker than yours and you have bigger hips." He explained and I blushed.

"Do not." I pouted.

"Don't worry, I love your hips." Hale smiled and brought me into a hug. I quickly squeezed back and pulled away. My mood sank back down to the lowest level possible again.

"This is great, let's buy them and leave." I turned on my heel and started to walk back to the dressing room and they stopped me.

"Oh no." Zeke said. "You have a lot more to try on." I groaned and began the treacherous hike to the dressing room. Stupid Zeke, stupid prom. Ugh!

**


Again nothing happened after shopping. Hale and I picked out matching tuxes (just so we could screw with everyone) and went to school It was extremely repetitive and very boring. We'd walk in I'd get all nervous and my eyes would dart back and forth; scrutinizing every face, ever gesture. Until I realized nothing had changed, and I could relax; well you know, as relaxed as you can be while you try to avoid someone (Hillary). I was beginning to believe that Hillary was all talk.

Before I knew it; it was the night before prom, Zeke had come over to spend the night and help us get ready for tomorrow. If you haven't guessed my mood soured almost instantly. The grotesque horror from my own personal hell had returned. I was really hoping we had forgotten it and weren't going to have anything to do with it. But yet again it returned. Like a zombie that just won't stay dead.

Were in the living room; Zeke was all alone in the Arm chair and Hale and I were cuddling on the big couch. But something had been bugging me all day... Like I was forgetting something I really needed to do tonight, or maybe I was supposed to watch it. My eyes fell on the TV and I'm pretty sure there was an audible 'click' as everything fell into place in my head.

"Glee!" I shouted and stood up and out of Hale's arms.

"Something you didn't have today." Zeke added with a nod, he chuckled and Hale joined in.

"No, no, no, the show, silly." I rolled my eyes and turned on the TV. Surfing through the channels until I found the right one. I sat there at full attention and refused to move.

"Raine! I don't like this show." Zeke whined. "Everyone is so mean all the time. Especially to that gay kid."

"Kurt, his name is Kurt." I corrected him, I had a crush on Kurt, it's true. "Now shh!"

"I really like it either." Hale said. I gasped dramatically and proceeded to falling of the couch... On to my face. They started laughing at me, I just grunted and took my spot back on the couch. I let them laugh and I just watched. Watched as everything crashed and burned... Except for one thing...

"Yes!"I jumped up and shouted again. "Blaine switched schools! Now him and Kurt can fall even more in love, go to the same college and get married." I clasped my hands together and swayed back and forth as I swooned over the couple.

"Oh joy!" They said with mock enthusiasm. I ignored it.

"Nothing can ruin this for me!" I squealed. I heard Zeke's phone vibrate. He quickly opened it and gasped at what was there.

"Maybe this will." He breathed and showed the phone to Hale and me. Hillary had finally sent the picture, just when I was finally sure she wouldn't. And even better the night before prom. I felt a pallet of cement blocks land on my shoulders and threaten to crush me; to send me back to the dark depths of depression.

"Oh, God." Hale muttered. Then he looked at me and probably saw my internal struggle with the weight that threatened to crush me. He wrapped his arms around me and pulled me close to his chest. I started to feel a little of the weight lifted off my shoulders.

"It'll be fine. We'll still go to Prom and show Hillary she can't control us. That no matter how bad she wants to she. Won't. Break. Us." He said sternly at the end. I wasn't sure if he was trying to convince himself or me. But I was able to throw the cement off my shoulders and nodded fiercely. I would do whatever it took to crush Hillary like the cockroach she was.

But in the nicest way possible. I can't let my anger take me over, I'm a nice person, just because people suck doesn't mean I need to go all Chuck Norris on their asses. I took several deep breaths and looked at Hale.

"We're going." I said with a new found sense of courage. Then I took a shaky breath and realized how fragile that courage really was; one false move and it would come tumbling down, like Jenga when you pull the wrong block.Zeke had this sympathetic look on his face, within moments it was changed to rage.

"We have to get her back! Photoshop a picture of her kissing her little brother, or something!" Zeke started into some sort of ramble as he tried to think of something to do. I was entertained for a solid 5 minutes just by his face. It would turn all red and then cool back down then he'd get all red again. He was also getting really into his hand gestures. I was worried he'd pop something out of socket. As he yelled and paced and gestured I sat back and giggled. What Hillary had done was locked away in the deepest depths of my mind and all I could think about was how funny Zeke was. Once he finally calmed down he looked at me funny.

"What in the world are you laughing at?" He asked as his eyebrows furrowed.

"Your face gets all red and you make funny hand motions when you're angry." I giggled a little more and smiled innocently. Something in side him changed and his anger melted, then he smiled at me.

"I suppose that would be funny." He said gently. Then slapped a hand on my back. I stood there awkwardly. Then he removed his hand and then mom walked in.

"She sent it to everyone in her contacts." She said in a hurry. "That means every parent and every kid."

"So you and her knew bitch Alexis." Zeke said easily. "I looked in her phone once. She has almost no contacts at all."

"But Alexis will get it to everyone in the school! She loves to gossip!" Mom said. "What are you guys going to do."

"I've got it covered." Hale said and pulled me to his side. "Hillary will regret ever messing with us." He leaned down and kissed me.

What was he going to do?
♠ ♠ ♠
It's short and really bad, but I promise the next chapter will be really long and it will be Prom!

Don't worry, Hale actually likes prom, so its all good.

Thanks for commenting:
toninator123 ~ I see it's your first comment on this story :) Thanks!
Tongue Tied Ideas. ~ Please don't hate Raine that much! He just has a twisted sense of what should be done and what is done. And Zeke is pretty amazing!

Anyway thanks guys! I really enjoy all the support!

Okay, I'm going to say this right now OH EM GEE! That's right, I became a stereotypical teenage girl :P

I did that because in the last chapter this story jumped from 3 stars to 5! We're halfway there!! I got on one day and it went from 50 readers and 12 subscribers to 109 readers and 36 subscribers!

All I want to say is keep it coming, I'm going to get a story up to 10 stars yet! (Because I have another story with 7 stars and it's so close but so far away)

So you guys should help me :)

Anyway I'm sorry this was a particularly bad ch. I was sick for a week! Sick by: headache/migraines, stuffy/running nose, sore throat, and coughing. Oh and I completely lost my voice in school one day. I mean it was gone... I tried to talk and nothing came out, probably a relief to my friends :P.

But now I feel better! So:

Subscribe&&Comment :)