Black Wind

Invites

Later on that day, after Amy and Zack had tried everything they could to get Alex’s mind of the two new neighbors that had moved into the mysterious castle, there was deep confusion over what should be done. Zack was worried and Amy was slightly worried, but still harbored her “I want it my way” attitude.
Over the screams of the horror movie they were watching, there was a faint knock on the door, Alex got up to answer it. After tripping over several wires, she finally reached the front door.
Still chuckling over her clumsiness, she pulled the door open. She stared out the door, she saw no other than the two mysterious boys that moved into the old house a few streets over. She yelped and slammed the door. Then realizing what she had done, pulled the door back open, and slowly raised her head up to where it had been. The black-haired one stood at the door, his brother behind him. He shyly handed her a rose and quietly introduced himself.
“I just wanted to say hello, and tell everyone I’m delighted to be part of your neighborhood. I’m Arthur, and this is Mikey.” He said, gesturing to the boy behind him. Mikey shyly waved.
The feeling of Déjà vu flooded back to her again, giving her a feeling of absence.
“Uhm thanks. I’m Alex. By the way, how did you repair that house so quickly?” Arthur’s eyes gleamed. His lips turned up into a smirk.
“We have our ways.” He mumbled. Mikey looked up at the rust-colored sky, and tugged on Arthur’s shoulder.
“What?” Arthur growled, turning to his brother wit a rather annoyed look on his face.
“We need to go…It’s almost dark and they’ll be at peak tonight. We need to stay inside.” He whispered, making Alex rather suspicious.
“Hey, Alex, You missed the best…” Zack started, turning the corner, but stopped when he saw the two strangers at the door. He stood still for a moment, almost as if he was intimidated by their presence. Arthur knew that they needed to get back to the house…and soon. He was anxious to leave and escape to their newly-refined home. Zack stood his ground, like he was challenging them to speak first. But Arthur sensed the tension and decided it better to just turn and leave, and they did.
Off into the dark they went, so quickly it was almost inhuman. Zack was surprised by their action and was slightly embarrassed by his behavior. Then he spotted the rose in Alex’s hand.
“What’s with the rose?” he said, seemingly mocking the fact that the new-comer was so polite.
“I don’t know. What’s this?” she questioned to herself and grabbed a card off the side of the blood red flower. Unfolding it, it read ‘Life’s not always better than love.’ Alex was confused. She read on down;
You are formally invited to a welcoming party…You may bring your friends.
48 Broken Arrow Street
Sorcerer’s Grover
9:00 pm tomorrow
By ‘Friends’ did they mean Zack and Amy? They had to. And why was the party so late at night?
“Are we going?” Zack asked cautiously, not sure about how Alex felt.
“Yeah. Sure.” Alex said, getting a little dizzy at the thought of actually knowing, and not remembering.
The next afternoon, around 8:00 Alex found her and Amy getting ready for the party, Zack was supposed to meet up with them in a few minuets. Alex was wearing black Tripp shorts with chains on one side, and plain green shirt with a black jacket over it, and her long, white hair was straightened. It wasn’t anything fancy; she dressed like this almost every day.
Zack came in the room. “Hey, guys. Ready to go to the ‘Refined Castle’?” he remarked, trying to make light of the situation. Alex rolled her eyes.
“Yeah, let’s go.” Alex replied, grabbing Zack’s hand and pulling him out the door and into the streets with Amy trotting closely behind.
They approached the ‘House of Horror’. Alex wouldn’t admit it, but she was secretly fond of the way it looked. It reminded her of the house she had come from, where her family was, her boyfriend, and most of her friends. She had been forced to come here, living in exile for awhile.
Amy continued onto the porch, standing in front of two very large doors, decorated by iron vines. She raised her hand to knock, and right before her hand met the door, it swiftly opened. Arthur stood at the door, dressed in black jeans, a black Iron Maiden shirt, and a studded belt. His raven colored hair was flipped off to one side. Just as he opened his mouth to say something, he was unexpectedly interrupted.
“Wee! Ha-ha! Mikey, YOU can’t catch ME!” a high pitched squeal rang through their ears and a guy, around their age, slid across the floor in the background. Arthur’s face turned up into a smirk.
“James! Stop running, you’ll cripple yourself!” Arthur screamed, turning to the boy that was now collapsed on the floor.