Under A Paper Moon

chapter 13

Chapter 13:

Jack’s POV

“How’s your pasta?” I ask swallowing the bite of food in my mouth and glancing across the table at Gene, I still can’t quite believe that she actually agreed to go on a date with me, and that we are right now sitting at a table in Rocco’s just me and the most beautiful girl on the planet.
“Its good” she replies smiling at me, she’s so pretty when she smiles. Not that she isn’t pretty when she’s not smiling, she’s always beautiful but when she smiles her whole face lights up and its impossible for anyone else not to smile back. “really good. How’s yours?” she asks.
“It’s great, you want to try some?” I ask.
“Sure” she says “and you can try some of mine if you like” she adds.
“I’d love to” I reply cutting a piece of my lasagne and sliding it onto her plate, and she does the same with her penne carbonara. “thank babe” I say spearing I couple of penne with my fork and putting them in my mouth “wow, that is really good, I’ve had carbonara before and its been too watered down and not creamy at all…but this is great” I say.
“Yeah, Rocco’s makes a good carbonara” she agrees.
“The lasagne’s pretty awesome too” I say “or I’ve always thought the did anyway” I add.
“I’m sure its great” she says cutting the piece I gave her in half and taking a bite “mmm hmm yup, it is” she says after swallowing “I’m ordering this next time I come here, I usually get carbonara but I am gonna break from tradition and have this next time” she says.
“And I’m going to order the carbonara” I counter.
“Deal, we’ll both order each others favourite and then share so we can have some of each” she says.
“Hmm, I like the way you think babe” I agree.
“Well, maybe you’ll like this as well…I have a suggestion” she says.
“And what would that be?” I ask.
“I think we should get some tiramisu for desert” she says.
“I think that is the best idea anyone has ever had, ever. You have no idea how much I love tiramisu” I say, seriously next to chocolate cake tiramisu is my favourite desert in the whole entire universe. And Rocco’s just happens to make one of the best tiramisu’s out there.
“Ok so two orders of tiramisu it is” she says. “and maybe we can get them to go, eat at my place, watch a movie or something.”
“Sound’s good, did you have a particular movie in mind for us to watch?” I ask.
“No, I figured we can pick one when we get to my house, or you can pick whichever I really don’t mind.” she says.
“What movies do you have?” I ask.
“I have a whole bunch of movies, you’ll just have to look through them and pick one out when we get home” she says.
“You’re not gonna list them off for me to make my job easier?” I ask.
“Where’s the fun in that? and besides, if you’re picking a movie I can cook some popcorn and make hot chocolate” she says.
“Ok well let’s order, pay up and get outta here.” I say “and I’m paying, so don’t even think about trying to pay half or give them money cause your money is no good here tonight” I add just as our waiter returns to the table.
“How was everything?” he asks.
“It was great as usual thankyou Andre” she says.
“You are too kinda Genevieve” he replies smiling widely at her. “can I get you anything else? And may I say that you look very beautiful tonight”
“Well thankyou Andre, and yes we would like two orders of tiramisu, and can we have that to go please?” she asks.
“But of course, two orders of tiramisu coming right up, will that be all?”
“No, could we have the bill as well please?” I ask a little to loudly…but the guy is practically flirting with my girlfriend right in front of me and he has been all night
“Of course sir” he says glancing at before retreating from the table.
“What’s wrong?” she asks once he’s out of ear shot.
“Nothing, why would anything be wrong.” I ask.
“Well…you’re kinda glaring daggers into his back right now, and you were a little…abrupt when asking for the bill” she points out.
“You noticed that?” I ask sheepishly.
“Just a little” she responds.
“The guy’s been flirting with you all night” I say and she bursts out laughing. “what’s funny? I’ve had to sit here and watch some other guy flirt with my girlfriend all night” I say.
“I’m sorry. It’s just….if you knew Andre you’d know that what you just said is crazy” she says stifling another laugh.
“What do you mean?” I ask.
“He’s gay babe” she says.
“How do you know that?” I ask.
“Because his boyfriend own’s this place, trust me Jack he was probably more interested in you than he was in me, you’re pretty cute you know, I’m sure that didn’t escape Andre’s attention” I say.
“He’s really gay?” I ask feeling slightly stupid.
“Yeah, Jack he’s really gay, I promise you that. Look he’s coming back I’ll prove it to you” she says.
“Here’s your tiramisu miss Genevieve” Andre says setting a bag in front of her. “and the bill” he add’s setting that in front of her too.
“Actually Jack’s paying the bill can you give it to him?” she asks.
He nods before turning and handing the bill to me “Here you go cutie” he says with a wink and she catches my eye and shoots me an ‘I told you so look’ one that she definitely deserves.
“How are things going with you and Luke?” she asks.
“Wonderfully! We’re going to Hawaii for our two year anniversary next month, a whole week of sun and board shorts, its going to be amazing!” he says. “oh my gosh Gene, we have to catch up sometime. Lukey’s been saying we need to call you up so the three of us can hang out.” he says.
“That would be great, I’d love to catch up with you an Luke, its been too long” she says.
“Yes it has girlfriend yes it has!” he gushes.
“Do you mind if I bring my boyfriend with me?” she asks nodding her head in my direction.
“This is your new man? So this is a date?” he asks
“Yeah his name is Jack, this is our first date” she says.
“And you came here? Well Luke will be thrilled to hear that, and of course can bring Mr Jack” he says and leans in to whisper something in her ear that I don’t quite catch.
“Yes Andre” she says “I totally agree with you, he is gorgeous both inside and out”
“Aww my little Gene-pie is in love!” he says clapping his hands ‘I have to tell Luke about this! You kids have fun now, I should get back to work, but don’t forget to call” he says.
“Will do Andre, and give Luke a big kiss for me” she says.
“Oh I will” Andre replies.
“It was nice to meet you Andre” I say handing him the money to cover the meals and a tip.
“Nice to meet you to Jack” he replied with a wink taking the money from me. “I hope to see you both soon”
“You will Andre, I am sure we will be back. And we will definitely catch up some time, if not before your vacation then when you get back for sure” she says.
“I look forward to it” he says flashing her one last smile before turning on his heel and walking back to the counter to greet the next customers.
“See I told you he was gay” Gen says as she and I leave the restaurant and make our way to my car which is parked in the lot out back.
“Yeah, I can see that now” I respond with a chuckle.
“It’s ok though, I kinda like that you got jealous” she adds.
“Oh yeah? You do, do you?” I ask.
“Yep.” she confirms.
“Did he really say I was gorgeous?” I ask.
“No, not in those exact words. He actually said that you were a hottie and that I should definitely keep going out with you” she says.
“And are you going to take his advice?” I ask
“Hmm. I think so” she replies reaching up and pressing a kiss to my lips.
“Mmm good, cause I had a great time tonight, and I would love to take you out again sometime” I say kissing her back.
“I had a great time as well Jack-jack. And I would love to go out with you again, but the night isn’t over yet we still have a movie to watch” she says.
“That we do” I say unlocking the car and holding the door open for her.
♠ ♠ ♠
thanks for reading guys hope you like it...next chapter will be in the next couple days!