Sequel: The Way You Lie
Status: Hope you love it as much as you loved How To Save A Life :)

Been to Hell

Breakfast Heist

Emily’s Point of View

It was nice holding him well I slept. He chased away the bad dreams, and just left me sleeping comfortably. To be honest, I’m so glad he didn’t leave. The words hat came out of my mouth were something that I never would mean in my life. Loosing him was something I never wanted to endure. I stretched and snuggled my face into his neck.

“Emily, it’s still early. Go to sleep.” He whined, stretching a little bit as well. My eyes fluttered open and I found myself pressing my lips to his jugular. “Ah! That tickles!” I giggled and just kissed it again and then stretched once more. “What are you doing up so early?”

“I haven’t been able to sleep that well since before your step father came, you need to hold me well we sleep every night. Just like that, promise?” I begged. He was holding me tight and burying his face against my shoulder all night. Like he was afraid that I was going to leave him. It was nice, I’ve never felt so safe and calm.

“Only if you promise to sleep that well every night, I can’t remember a time that you’ve sat that still in your sleep. You normally are muttering random nothings or screaming you flippen head off. I’m glad to see that your not having nightmares as long as I’m holding you throughout the night. I’ll do it more often.” He smiled and placed a kiss on my forehead, and sat up - back cracking in the process. “You want to walk to breakfast with me?”

“I’m not allowed out of bed, Zane.” I demanded, sitting up as well. Stretching myself, which only left a aching pain in my ribs. But it was tackled by the pain medication fast.

“But you are, Emily. I was told that last night before I came here, that as long as I was with you and we dragged the little IV along. I just have to get a nurse to walk around behind us until we get to the cafeteria. Now would you please just come to breakfast with me, it will be nice.” His eyes turned into a big puppy dog pout. I just couldn’t resist it, I gave in quite quickly.

“Okay, just go get the nurse already.” I giggled. He smiled and just about jumped up and down in happiness, I swear he hasn’t left this room in such a happy mood. Is that all he really wanted, was to eat breakfast with me?

It didn’t take long for a nurse to get in here, it was the only nurse that ever really tended to me. I was actually wondering if she slept at all? She smiled at me and took the sticky silver things off from my chest and unplugged the heart monitor.

“Okay Zane, you have to drag this because it will just tug on her arm if she have to pull it around. It wouldn’t rip out the IV because this strap is designed to allow her to walk around without help, but I don’t like it so I’ll tell you the truth when I say it creates pressure and isn’t very comfortable. Also she’ll be slow, you do realize this, correct?” To me the nurse seemed to not trust Zane to much, I know he already knew all of this from our last visit from the hospital. But he was being nice, so he acted like he didn’t know. His head bobbed in a nod. “Good, just be careful and take the elevator.”

That’s when she left, she didn’t even take the time help Zane take me out the bed. I was just left sitting there, watching Zane. He seemed just as surprised as me, I thought for sure she was going to be coming with us. Just to make sure everything went correctly, but she just left. Maybe she knew Zane and I needed more time alone. To me it seems like there’s always a nurse in here.

Zane rolled his eyes a bit then walked up to me, leaning down to start gently picking me up. I wrapped my arms around his neck, just hoping that it would make it easier on him. But he put me down on the cold floor, and forced my arms way from his neck, chuckling a little bit.

The floor was still cold on my socked feet, and when I came out of those warm covers. I cringed a bit and smoothed out the paper hospital gown, looking down to make sure that the back of the gown wasn’t open and showing off my underwear. But I found it to me tied tightened enough to where you couldn’t see anything. That made me feel a bit more confident about walking around with him, at least I’m completely sure that no one is seeing my booty as I walk.

Zane smiled a bit then wrapped his arms around my waist, having to lean down a bit to stare into my eyes. I smiled up at him and smirked when he leaned down a little bit more to press his lips to mine.

“Zane?” I whispered, pulling away and searching for his hand. He allowed me to take his hand in mine, and he looked down at me once more. Asking me what I wanted to ask him. “When can we leave this place?”

He chuckled a little bit and shrugged. “Sooner then you think, love. You just have to trust me.” He kissed me once more and then he reached for my arm, ever so gently tugging on the IV. Confusion washed over me, that was the only thing making everything numb. It was the only thing keeping me able to function. Without the medication coming though the IV, I’ll be in to much pain to bare. His eyes caught the confusion in mine, and he yanked out the IV. “I know, but just trust me.”

With that said he gently picked me up and wrapped me in his warm arms. Sneaking down the hall and past all the nurses, it didn’t take long before we were out the front door.

I still didn’t understand why he was sneaking me out of the hospital, I needed to be in here to survive. If he was taking me out of here, he was risking my life just as though we were having a child. Was he loosing his mind? This could very well end my life.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry I took so long, just dreading the fact that school starts on tuesday, then the chapters might go even slower. So sorry. But still don't be a silent reader.
song of the chapter Kiss You Goodnight by Meg and Dia