Sequel: The Way You Lie
Status: Hope you love it as much as you loved How To Save A Life :)

Been to Hell

Ren

Emily’s Point Of View

I awoke to a heavy breathing that seemed to spill over my face. It smelled of peppermint, so I atomically know that it wasn’t Zane. After all the years of knowing him, his breath has always smelled like spearmint.

My eyes slowly blinked open, taking a second to adjust to the surroundings. It just so happened that I was face to face with someone I had never seen before. He had short blond hair and dark round brown eyes. I jumped back a bit, and burrowed underneath Zane’s arm. For some reason I was found comfort in only his arms. His snores labored a little bit and he rolled into my side.

“Emily?” The man whispered. His voice was rough, I realized it was the person that Zane was arguing with earlier. It only made him distrust him even more. “Honey, I need to check your stitches for infection. Come on, don’t wake him up.” He reached for my hand, not grabbing it. Just waiting for me to grab his hand.

I weighted my options. For one we were still in the camper, so if I screamed he would hear me. Not to mention this man doesn’t seem like he could hurt a fly. Though appearances could be deceiving.

“If you hurt me, I’ll scream.” I whispered. He smirked a bit and nodded, still awaiting for me to take his hand. I took it and he gently pulled me up, and curled me into his arms. Thankfully the pain pills I had taken earlier has masked my pain, so I was perfectly fine with him holding me. Well, for the most part.

“If there is one hair missing on her head I’ll murder you with joy.” Zane’s voice suddenly growled. Sure he was a little over the top on that one, but I was still happy that he was standing up for me.

“I’m not going to hurt her.” The man promised, carrying me to the small living room. Peter was watching TV on he couch, and Natalie was sleeping in his lap. A baby was sleeping the a crib next to the couch.

“Your looking better, Emily.” Peter whispered, smiling at me for a little bit. The man set me on the small counter, grabbing a warm washcloth. He pulled up my shirt and looked over the stitches.

The looked clean enough to me, but he still gently took the wash cloth to each of them. Maybe it was just to make sure they stayed clean, but all I really care about right now is getting better. Maybe even getting to where ever we are going, I really hope that I can take a bath when we get here. I would love that, its just the fact if they will let me.

Zane walked out of the bedroom, stretching and yawning. He looked so tired and weak. But he hid it well. He even tossed me a smile and leaned down to kiss the forehead of the baby. Peter smirked a bit as well.

“How’s she doing, Ren?” Zane questioned, turning to the man that was cleaning my stitches.

“Lets just say she will be a lot better when we get a nurse here to help her. She’s doing okay now, but its looking irritated. We’ll just have to keep them clean and make sure they are good until we get a nurse here.” The guy -Ren-informed. Zane frowned and walked over to us. Cupping my cheek in my hand for a moment then turning to run.

“Will you teach me how to clean them?” Zane asked. Grabbing the washcloth, and paying complete attention to Ren. Ren took a deep breath and began explaining.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry its such a filler, but please help me get some more subs and comments. :) It'd make me so happy