Sequel: The Way You Lie
Status: Hope you love it as much as you loved How To Save A Life :)

Been to Hell

Bar

By the time we got everything around it was the middle of the storm, and we were trapped in the courthouse with The Justice of Peace who was giving us a hard time. She wasn’t very happy with our lack of knowledge about all of this. She actually called us ignorant at one point.

“Okay, I’m guessing you do not have two witnesses?” She growled, going though the paper work and filling it out with us. Zane shook his head, feeling quite embarrassed. I blushed and sort of hid behind him. She was quite scary, nothing like I have ever experienced. It was almost worse then Zane’s step father. “I don’t even care right now.” She mumbled. “I should be home, and now I’ve got to drive through this. Alright, I will count my secretary and myself as a witness.”

“Thank you.” Zane smiled, allowing me to tuck myself closer to him. She signed a bunch of papers then handed them to me. I signed and so did Zane, and it seemed just like we were almost done.

“Okay, Emily. You are now Emily Grands. Zane, Emily is your new wife. Now since you are under witness protection and were given new names the new ones will be put on these papers. I will call the Florida cops to inform them that you will be on your way back to their jurisdiction tomorrow. You will be given a week to get back down there and then be placed back under witness protection and restationed somewhere else.” She gave Zane that look that told us what she was thinking. She wanted us to know that we have to get back to Florida as soon as possible. We were in danger without protection, the only reason why I was so happy with it was because I know that Zane stabbed his step father enough times to where he cannot be in shape to find us.

“Yes, Miss. We will leave as soon as this storm passes. I just have to get a car.” Zane informed, standing up with me. She nodded, maybe trusting his word. Bu I sincerely doubt that. “Thank you.”

When we made it outside we found it to be a total white out. I tugged my hat over my head, and my hood over my hat. For some reason I felt like I was getting use to the cold, like if we went back to Florida I wouldn’t know what to do. I’m going to have to get us to the heat once more.

Zane stood up taller, scanning the whiteness for any sign of light. Maybe a sign for a hotel or a restaurant that we could take shelter in. Though it seemed like a good idea to stay in the court house. It was safe and warm there.

I interlaced my fingers with his, holding on for dear life. He cannot loose me in this storm. “Where are we going, Zane?”

He looked down at me, looking just about as lost as I was. But his eyes still held that security for me. I know for a fact that without him I would be completely lost. “I’m not sure, just somewhere out of the snow for now.”

I nodded, and began walking with him. All we were really trying to do was stay on the sidewalk, which if we slid our feet we could do quite well.

It was nice to finally call me myself his wife. I loved calling myself that, just the sound of it made me smile. Hello, I’m Zane’s wife. I hope he likes the sound of it just as much as I do. This ring on my finger felt so right, I have no desire to ever take it off. It means so much more to me then a life with Zane, it means that what we have been through has paid off. Soon we can start a life together. Build a house, have a kid maybe. But just the though of being safe with him was heart wrenching. I never thought I could love this man so much, I never though I would be so happy with him.

He stopped our walking when we reached a small bar with the open sign still lit up. Sure, it wasn’t the best place to stay but it was warm. He opened the door with a little bit of force and we both slipped inside. Trying our best to keep the snow out.

“Isn’t it a little late to be walking through a snow storm?” A voice called from the bar, Zane just chuckled a bit.

“Ya, what do you think we are doing in here?” Zane smirked, walking though the dark looking place.

It was all wood, everything. The walls held pictures of raceways and football games. But the only thing that seemed out of place was the boy running the bar who was the only one in here besides us. Against all of the decor he stuck out like a sore thumb.

Black buzz cut hair sat on top of his head, and black clothing lay on his thin pale body. Either he was a gothic high school student, or he just liked black. Either way he didn’t seem to fit.

“So Zane, have you traveled the world yet? I never thought I’d see the football star back in action.” The boy smiled, tilting his head a little bit. He still swirled the rag around the empty cup, acting like he was cleaning and ready to close the bar.

“Yes, I have traveled around the world. But I never thought I would end up back here. I did a good job at running tough.” Zane smiled back, tugging me over to the bar and taking a seat, forcing me into the seat next to him. I was surprised to find it warmer then the actual air. Like someone had been sitting in it. “Its nice to see you, Dexter. I thought you left.”

“Ya, but I ended up back here as well. I missed this place, so I bought the bar and started it back up. Who’s this?” He pointed to me, waving a little bit. But I felt uncomfortable waving back, so I just waited for Zane to answer.

“Oh, this is my wife.” Zane said, actually really proud. It almost made me smile as well. Zane looked down at me for a moment then back at him. Seeming completely content with the new life of ours.
♠ ♠ ♠
To be honest most of this chapter was a filler because I couldn't end it right after they got married and when I got to thinking about it they couldn't drive in that weather. So, filler lol