Sequel: The Way You Lie
Status: Hope you love it as much as you loved How To Save A Life :)

Been to Hell

You Take My Breath Away

~Zane’s Point Of View~Flashback~

I watched the doors of the house close and the memories of my father leave with it. My mother just glared at the door and his last words shook through my battered mind. ‘Let me take him with me, its not like you will care for him anyway!’. But I just don’t understand how he could possibly say that about my mother, she has been there for me more then he has.

She turned to me and cracked a small smile. It was sweet and loving. “Hey honey, how about you go do your homework?”

“Yes mommy.” I squeaked, scampering off to my bedroom. Completely heartbroken that my only true role model was gone.

~End Of Flashback~

I sat up just as soon that dream was over, trying to push it out of my head. I need to forget about that man who left me to die with my mother and that abusive psychopath. My head shook and I placed it in my hands. Breathing heavily for a moment.

Emily whined a bit next to me and shivered a little. That took my minds off from things, and I brought my fingers down to her bare stomach. Feeling that bullet scar and the surgery scars. She snuggled closer to me and I pulled the blanket over her. Chuckling at our little honeymoon which ended up being just like everyone else’s, just a lot more careful.

“Hm, Zane?” Her eyes blinked open and she tilted her head up to me. I laid back down next to her, pulling her close. She snuggled into my side and tucked her face into my shoulder. “Will you light the fireplace?”

“Ya.” I promised, slipping her out of my hold and slipping on sweatpants before I started padding over to the stone fireplace. I felt great being able to provide something for her. I haven’t been able to ever really light a fire for her and feel this great about doing it. It was like I was floating on air.

When I finally got the damn ting lit I crawled back into bed next to her. She smiled at me again and slipped one of my shirts over her head, maybe wanting to capture some more heat closer to her body. So with that thought I pulled her as close as I could get her and then pressed my lips to her forehead.

“Mh, thank you.” She whispered. Snuggling close to me and pulling the blankets up to our ears. She felt so right in my arms, it was finally legal to call her mine. I still can’t believe it. She’s mine, she holds my last name now, I am hers. “I missed this.”

“What?” I whispered. “Do you mean myself holding you without you crying for me to stop? Cause I missed that.”

“Hm, ya that and other things.” She smirked. I swear this girl is getting more and more like me every day, which may not be a good thing. But you got to love her for it. “I can’t wait to have our little trips again, I miss being able to be alone with you.”

“Me too, I also miss being able to throw you in the back of the truck, demanding that you have to go to sleep. It was nice not having to worry about you all the time, now I have almost lost you so many times I want to live every moment like its our last.” She frowned a bit like she was beginning to think about the same thing. But what I found when I thought that was that I cherished every moment with her now. It was like I could be the happiest I have ever been with her no matter what. I loved being able to feel that way, it was a great relief.

She smiled then. “I love you to, I know that was what you were thinking about.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Next chapter is an awesome jaw dropper :D