Sequel: The Way You Lie
Status: Hope you love it as much as you loved How To Save A Life :)

Been to Hell

Fear

Emily’s Point Of View

I awoke in the bed alone, the fire still blazing in the fireplace. I stretched and tucked my face into the spot where he had been sleeping. It was still warm and soft meaning that he hadn’t left to long ago. For some reason that made me feel safer.

Last night was perfect, everything I had ever imagined in a honey moon. Cheep chocolate and sour whine, a warm fire and cotton sheets. I loved it, I guess I never really needed any of that stuff though, all I truly needed was Zane. Though we did need the fire to stay warm and the whine just because we felt like being rebels. But it all worked out in the end, even if neither of us finished the glass.

I reached my hand off the end of the bed and found a pair or pajama pants that were discarded there, then I got dressed into that comfortable outfit. It was nice being able to move around on my own again.

When I finally made it out into the living room, feeling the warm air rush out of our bedroom. No one was on the couch and there was no sign of anyone recently watching the television. So I moved to the kitchen next, finding Ren. I froze at first and tried to back out before he could see me. I still found it odd and scary to be around him. He just gave off a vibe that told me to run. It was worst when I didn’t know where Zane was. All I know for sure is that he was no in the bedroom, hopefully he is close. I don’t want anything to do with this man.

He flipped the page on what ever he was reading and took a sip of his coffee. Then smoothing out his blond hair for a moment. I could tell he was angry and I really didn’t want to have anything to do with it. But he had already spotted me, and I could tell he was waiting to say something to me.

“Zane has a problem with listening to me.” He growled, I felt in danger here and I do not want any part of it. I slowly began backing out. “First with the nurses and now sneaking out to marry you. I’m not very pleased with his choices. You are not good for him.” I felt my heart begin to break, then I remembered that this was only his opinion and Zane loves me. That’s all that matters.

When I seen him begin to stand up I ran. Feet sliding on the floor and my chest aching. But I found that I wasn’t very far from the bedroom and if I made it there then I would be completely safe and not have to worry.

I glanced back for a moment and seen him running for me as well. I swear I almost passed out with fear, but I kept pushing on. Knowing that I was very close. That was until I crashed into something hard.

For a moment I thought I knocked over a lamp or ran into the wall. But when I felt strong arms dragged me closer to them I knew that I was either completely safe again or totally screwed. I gazed up to find my Zane looking horrified at the predicament that I was in. Snow matted his hair and I noticed he was wearing a winter coat and boots. So he had left me here?

He swung me around to where I was safely behind him and he was acting as a protective barrier. I clutched the back of his coat in fear that he would get hurt trying to protect me.

“What are you doing Ren?” He growled. Making me think back to the old Zane, I hated this side of him. It meant he was ready to fight, fight enough to kill someone. I hate knowing that he is capable of such a crime.

Ren began backing away. Holding up is hands in defeat, I never thought he would give up that easily. “Nothing, just playing tag.” His smile was the worst thing ever, I shivered in fear.

When he was finally out of sight Zane spun around and gripped my elbow enough to where it hurt me, beginning to drag me back to the bedroom. I winced and tried to keep up with him as best I could.

“Ow, Zane you’re hurting me.” I whimpered. On the verge of crying when he shoved me into the bedroom. At least he wasn’t holding me with that grip anymore. I shied away from his look and found myself back into the wooden back. Trying to get as far from him as I could, still clutching my elbow in pain.

He slammed the door close and locked it. Turning back to me in anger, again I began shaking in fear. All I could think about was the kidnapping days. The very few were I wouldn’t listen, or when I ran.

“I never want to catch you running around again, Emily.” He growled. I bobbed my head in a fast nod, not wanting to hear r feel his wreath. My lower lip began to tremble involuntarily. “I’m not kidding, I’m already so worried about you. Do you have any idea how scared I was to walk right through the door and get crashed into by you? I thought you were hurt.”

“But he was going to hurt me.” I whined in a weak voice. Did he want me to just let it happen and him find me like that? Doesn’t he want me to try and protect myself?

Suddenly something crashed onto the window right next to my head. I screamed and crouched to the floor in a millisecond. Protecting my head and rocking back and forth. I was in no conditioned to me scared like this anymore, I cannot take it.

I realized it wasn’t coming from the inside when Zane came rushing over to my side of the room. Yanking open the window to find out what it was. Cold air rushed in and my body began to shiver along with the rocking and tears beginning to hit the floor with a ‘plop’.

His warm arms wrapped around me and pulled me to his chest. Cooing to me and gently rubbing my back. I didn’t move, I tried to pretend he wasn’t there. I just wanted everything to be normal between us, where I didn’t need to be scared of every little thing.

“Shh, Emily. Its okay, it was nothing. Shh. I’ve got you.” He purred. Beginning to pry my hands away from my head to he could tuck it into his shoulder. My cries began to evaporate into dull whimpers. “I’m sorry, I overreacted. It wasn’t your fault. Shh, no need to be scared.” I’m ready for this madness to stop already, why can’t we lead a normal life? I have a feeling something bad is going to happen.