Sequel: The Way You Lie
Status: Hope you love it as much as you loved How To Save A Life :)

Been to Hell

Guns

~Emily’s Point of View~

When I awoke in the morning I found myself shivering with cold. The wounds still ached and my head felt like it was filled with something. So, not only was I drowned in scratches, but I also have a cold. Great, how come this always happens to me?

Ever so gently I found myself pushing upwards into a sitting position. Everything hurt when it stretched, making me feel all the more weak. At least I know that I can slouch around doing nothing here. If I were home with Zane he would have me just about chained to the bed by now. Of course that would probably be a good thing, it would defiantly make me heal faster if I wasn’t rustling around.

A soft hand pressed against my back, helping me sit. I jumped and whipped around. The person I saw brought my heart pounding in my chest and tears falling over the brims of my eyes. There he sat, my knight in shining armor. He was just about untouched, that made me feel completely at ease. At least I know that he can hold his own, and I don’t have to worry about him much.

He pushed his black hair out of his gorgeous green eyes. Showing my that there was no black eye, or cuts on his face. He just about looked like he was going to cry as well, at least I know that he was worried about me. Maybe almost as much as I had worried about him.

I slowly laid back down and hugged him. The feeling of him being back in my arms was the best thing that I could possibly feel right now. I had been so afraid that he would have been dead, or suffering somehow. Just knowing that he was alive as well was just about enough for me. I’ll never feel that scared again.

“Y-You’re alive.” I whimpered. Cuddling my face against that warm neck of his.

Zane nodded and hugged me back. “You are to. I’ve been here the whole time, locked in a damn room down the hall. I woke up here today. I don’t know what they are planning, but I’m just glad that I’m back with you.”

He was right about that. If he was back here with me they had to be planning something, but at least it brought us back together. If I had to go one more day without him I might have just died, it was so hard without him.

“I’m so sorry about what happened to you. This is all my fault.” He hummed. Tightening his grip on me.

I found myself counting the black marks in the cement wall. Remembering what had happened that night that I knew he was taking about. I couldn’t even bring myself to speak the words in my head, let alone at all. Have you ever seen those commercials where all the girls are crying and it keeps showing you their faces? The one where they are all saying ‘I was.’ Well, I know how they feel now. Why they were crying and the horrible memories that they held in arms length.

“When I see him I promise you that I am going to do my best to kill him.” Zane promised. I found myself freezing in his arms. If that man was that sick in the mind to rape me, what could he possibly do to Zane? That man has no soul, and will probably go to hell. I don’t want Zane doing anything that could get him hurt. That man would defiantly hurt Zane, heck he already has.

“Don’t try, I don’t want you getting hurt to.” I whispered, still crying into his soft neck. It seems like I only found comfort there.

“Emily, he hurt you. He did something to you that I can never fix no matter how hard I try. He has scared you for life and you think I am going to sit here and let him get away with it? What if he tries to do that again? I never want you to go through that ever again. Please, just let me kill him for what he has done to you.” He begged, but I just shook my head.

He has already killed his mother for me, and tried to kill his step father. I don’t want him getting charged for actually killing someone that he would really be sent to jail for. I could never deal with myself after that. This life is beginning to become to messed up. What am I going to do with this man?

The door to the bedroom shot open, and I swear both of us just about jumped out of the bed and charged for it. That was until we saw what was happening. It frightened up, enough to were we held onto each other for dear life.

It was his step father, he was holding another man to gun point. Zane knew this man, I could tell by the look on his face. All Zane did though was tighten his grip on me. We all knew what was happening.

Two other man walked into the room, coming straight for the bed. Their guns were slung to their belts and a sly smile plastered on their faces. I knew it was the end for us right then and there. Zane’s arms tightened on me so hard that I swear if I took a breath it would’ve been cut off. But then again, I was holding onto him that hard as well. My tears beginning to fall faster and faster by the second. I was frightened, and I was sure making that clear.

“Be a good boy and hand her over.” His step father sneered when one of the men grabbed a hold of my arm.

When they tried to pull me away I found that Zane wasn’t even budging. It was like the story of the old woman lifting the car off her husband. Zane had an adrenaline rush and he was not going to give up without a fight.

“You will not have her.” Zane growled. He seemed angry, not just scared. I was starting to think that he was going to kill everyone in this room. The blood bath was going to occur either way and that was terrifying.

“Oh come now, I gave you some final minutes. Can’t you just be grateful that I’m not going to give her a slow death. Look, a bullet to the head is fast and painless.” When he began walking closer to us I found that he was still limping from when Zane stabbed him. Maybe that was going to be an advantage to him. “Unless you want her killed before your eyes.” He got close enough where he pressed the gun to my temple. I found myself squeezing my eyes shut with terror.

“Stop!” A voice shouted from the door this time. That voice brought the gun away from my head and a gasp from Zane. My eyes shot open and we all stared at a shaken up Natalie who was being dragged away by an angry looking scary nurse. That nurse was the one who has come into my room a couple days ago. She had said something about checking my health.

The women just about shoved Natalie onto the floor. Getting an angry glair from Zane’s step father. “Riley,” I was just not putting together that was the step father’s name. “you can’t kill her. She’s pregnant.” The blow of the gun was then heard though out the room.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry I took so long for this one. I have an idea for the next chapter and I promise to start writing it as soon as I update All At Once.
How was Thanksgiving for all you guys?