Sequel: The Way You Lie
Status: Hope you love it as much as you loved How To Save A Life :)

Been to Hell

Scared

Emily’s Point Of View

Zane seemed so on edge, as soon as he heard those sirens he took off like a bullet. What happened when I was in the woods? Who called the cops? I tightened my arms around him so I could hold on easier, I was afraid he would drop me and my leg would get hurt again. I kind of lied to him when I said it didn’t hurt, but he already looked so worried, I didn’t want him to have an anxiety attack or something.

To be honest, when he ran up to that man I was afraid of the look on his face. It felt like the rough patch we had when he abused me, I was scared. I guess it was just an instant that I ran. Maybe I wasn’t thinking straight, but I knew that I wasn’t staying there- helpless. He tightened his arms around me once more, slowing down a bit to have us slid down another hill.

I wonder if we are still going to that motel, I don’t like places like that. When I was ten my friend got bit by a spider in a motel and had to go to the hospital because it poisoned her, ever since I have went with a sleeping bag and my own pillow. The only thing about the motel we are going to, is that we don’t have anything for me to sleep on that isn’t the bed. Maybe I’m just going to make him let me not sleep until we get a house, or an apartment, whatever. I just want it to work.

The first thing I seen when the trees broke out of sight was a McDonalds, right behind that was a nasty brown building. A big sigh said Motel in front of it, I just about gagged. I’d rather sleep back in that old shack, but I’m not about to tell Zane that, he’s already ready to kill something. Lets not make the person he wants to kill, me.

Finally he set me down and looked back in the woods just to make sure that no one was following us, although I was fairly confident I kept a good eye behind us just to make sure that didn’t happen. He cupped my cheek in his hand and pulled me closer to him with a secure arm around my waist. I smirked a bit then hooked an arm around his neck. Pulling him closer to me.

“Hm, your shivering.” He hummed, leaning down to press his lips to mine. I kissed back and almost jumped back onto him, but the pain in my leg stopped me. “What’s wrong?” He murmured against my lips.

I sort of froze, which was a bad idea on my part. His arms tightened once more. “I’m fine.” I lied once more, but it was like my lips were saying a different thing. Zane saw right through me. “Um, do we have to say there.” I pointed to the motel, cringing a bit. “It looks kind of…dirty.”

“It also looks cheep, which I’m looking for.” He informed, reaching over to pick me up once more. I only gave him a confused look, wondering why he was being so careful. He chuckled a little bit. “I know that your leg hurts, lets let it scab over and allow it to rest. I’ll find something to bind it with when we get over there. Can you last a few minutes without me? I might have to go to the store to get some stuff.”

“I’d rather you not leave me.” I whispered. I was still freaked out about the whole incident, I have no desire to be alone. Just the thought worried me, sure he did something to get them off from our back but I was still afraid that they would show up. Somehow they always manage to. I don’t think we’ll ever have a normal life.

“Why not?” He questioned.

“Because…I’m scared.” I hated admitting such a thing, but it just sort of slipped. He wasn’t supposed to know that I was scared, I don’t like him knowing that. To me I think it scares him to know that. To be honest, I like knowing that he thinks I’m completely happy in his life. If I admit that I’m scared, he knows that I’m not okay with the danger that we get ourselves into.

The shock in his eyes shown me that he was thinking the same exact thing. I feel horrible for letting it slip.
♠ ♠ ♠
Don't be a silent reader please, goes I'm so happy I have so many people that love this story :) Love you all

song of the chapter Nineteen Stars by Meg & Dia