Sequel: The Way You Lie
Status: Hope you love it as much as you loved How To Save A Life :)

Been to Hell

Anger

I swear that man had a concussion by the time Zane was done with him. Even then I was still scared of more then one thing, even though Zane has just proved that he was more then capable of protecting us. But for one, they were going to start looking for us soon, two Zane looks like a crazy person, and three we have no clue how to get out of here yet. All I want is to get as far away from this place as possible.

“Zane…” I whispered, grabbing his arm once more. He was shaking underneath my touch, but his skin was blazing hot. I was honestly worried that he was loosing it. That he was going to take his anger out on someone else, and I’m the only person around.

“This is the man who raped you.” He growled. Bringing his foot back to kick him. “He deserves it.”

“Please stop.” I begged. “We don’t have time for this.”

He began to loosen up underneath my hand. That was proof that he was finally ready to leave. He looked down at me, his green eyes wild with hate. That scared me, but I stood my ground. He shook his hand and took a deep breath.

“Please, just get us out of here.” I whispered. He nodded then, and interlaced his fingers with mine. Starting to drag me out of the door.

We were blinded by sunlight and warm air. I swear I almost started crying. There was no snow, no rain, just soft sunlight. It was perfect and I just about rolled around in the growing grass. But Zane was still dragging me at his fast running speed. Finally being my anchor once more.

“I’m sorry.” He called back to me. Running a tad bit faster down the drive way. I had to struggle to keep up. But there was no way that I was going to trip and slow us down more. “This is truly my fault.”

“No its not.” I gasped. Not expecting him to suddenly stop, making me slam into his back. I shrieked in shock and stumbled back a little bit. “What’s wrong?”

He pointed to the end of the drive, and I looked around him. Nothing was there, latterly. Meaning that the drive even ended. All there was were trees and a few trash barrels. I felt my heart sink, and I turned around quickly. Looking for another way out, but there wasn’t one. From what I could see, there were only a few dirt bikes that they had used to get back here. Why can’t I remember how we got back here though? Was I drugged? Knocked out? What was going on?

“There’s got to be a road.” He demanded, starting to run into the woods again. Not grabbing my hand this time, to me it seemed like he was having a panic attack.

I struggled to keep up with him. But I found that the best I could do was keep him in my sight. There was no way I was going to be able to keep up with him. He was fast, I’ve actually never seen him move so fast. To be honest, it was hurting me. All the cuts were screaming in pain and I was wheezing for air. I guess I should get more exercise.

It had to be a couple minutes before I finally caught up with him. He was seriously freaking out. Muttering stuff to himself and holding his head in anger. He was starting to pace and I found that I probably should just leave him with his thoughts. I just sunk down and sat against a tree, trying to catch my breath.

For some reason all I could think about was how this wouldn’t be happening if he had just left when I asked him to. We wouldn’t be wasting time right here. We might have figured this out all ready. But we can’t fix this now.

He threw a couple of rocks then finally sunk down on his own tree. Taking a few deep breaths and looking over at me. Watching me wipe some blood from the cut on my leg then pulling my hair though my fingers.

“Are you done now?” I questioned. He looked at me, surprised at me anger. I couldn’t help but be angry at him though. He needs to get out of this anger and help me think of a way to get us out of it.

“I guess.” He whispered, starting to slowly move to my side. “Are you mad at me?”

“Ya, get your head together. We need to get out of here and you are still obsessing about the people back at the house.” I demanded, crossing my arms over my chest. I didn’t want to start a fight with him, but these people are scary and I want as far away from them as possible. “If we keep walking we’ll find a way out eventually. Are you done acting like a jerk?”

He took a deep breath and I was expecting him to start yelling. But all he did was press his lips to my cheek. “I’m sorry. Lets start moving. We’ll walk for a few minutes.” I nodded, happy that we were finally moving.
♠ ♠ ♠
How do you guys like the new layout?