Sequel: The Way You Lie
Status: Hope you love it as much as you loved How To Save A Life :)

Been to Hell

Everything Is Going to Be Alright

I don’t recall making it to the hospital, or having the doctors drag me and Zane into a double bedded room. But I did awake to being examined, and Zane was there for that. He was sitting behind me in my cot, holding me up by my body leaning onto his chest. My ears were gingerly picking up the sound of his voice, hearing him say that he would be examined after me because he couldn’t bare to leave me.

His chest was still warmer then anything in this place, and I found myself grateful that he was holding me. I don’t know what I would be doing right now if I had to do this alone. Ever since I had been shot I have hated hospitals. Not to mention that this was sort of a big deal.

It probably took the doctor an hour with me, and I was on edge the whole time. The discovered that most of the cuts needed stitches, that one of my ribs was cracked, and that I was going to be slightly uncomfortable for a while in a certain area.

He explained that in such detail that I memorized it all. “Okay, her wounds are consistent with most rape victims. Basically she has mostly cuts and bruising just about everywhere and that rib should heal fairly well pretty soon. We will get the results back from her test in about an hour, so we might as well examine you well we wait.”

When he said that Zane slowly climbed off the cot and found a way to lay me down so I could see him. My eyes were still heavy with sleep and this place was now to scary to be left alone with. I’m hoping that Zane will move over here to sleep tonight.

The nurse still messed with me as I watched Zane get help into his cot. She was attaching me at all the machines and injecting me with some sort of clear liquid. I have been waiting to get some of this liquid for a long time, and now I can finally start to relax. Morphine, or some sort of pain reliever. All I know is that it made me feel better and it took all the bad feelings away.

The doctor that was helping Zane ended up finding more problems with him. Actually, I was surprised he made it longer then me when we found out what was wrong with him. He had a broken ankle, two broken ribs, many stitches, and he had been starved. How he had carried me though the woods, I’ll never know. But god am I proud of him. Not only did he know out that dumb kid, but he also carried my weight with his broken ankle and dealt with my hold on his broken ribs. I will never find out what possessed him to do that with such grace.

After he was hooked up to the IVS the nurses and doctors left the room to get the results of the test. I found myself looking at the pure white walls, happy that I was out of the scary room. Actually, I was just happy to be under pain medication. Zane looked like he was just as happy as well.

“Emily?” He whispered in a weak scared voice. I brought my baby blue eyes back to his dashing green ones. Watching the tears start to fill. “I didn’t want any of that to happen, I sorry.”

“Its not your fault.” I hummed quietly. “I’m proud of you, I can’t believe you managed to carry me.”

“I think it was just the adrenalin. It didn’t start hurting until he told me it was broken.” He chuckled a little bit, wincing in the process. He also stretched his hand cross the small space between us, waiting for me to intertwine my fingers with his. “I don’t think he’ll look for us here. He either expects us to get lost in the woods and die, or he will think that he ran far away from here. After this I want to get us put back under witness protection and have them make sure he can never get to us again. I’ve had enough and I don’t want to snap.”

He was making sense, but I was just to tired to really think about it. Right now, I was willing to go along with anything he says. Just as long as the test results come in soon so I can finally sleep for the night. I think the blood loss has went to my head. I’m not sure if I can take it anymore.

When the doctor finally came back with the results, he was looking just about as tired as me. His glassed pushed down to the brim of his nose, and his blue eyes tired. I’ve never seen gray hair that messy honestly.

“Good news, you have no STDs Miss Emily. Its just going to hurt for a couple weeks, and probably sting when you stand up or sit down. But you will be perfectly fine.” The doctor smiled, going though his charts.

“What about the chances of her getting pregnant.” I hadn’t thought about that, and now Zane’s question was going to haunt me until I know the answer. Its going to completely bug me. I don’t want to be pregnant from that man, I never even want to think about it.

“Well, I guess its possible. But there were traces of a condom, and it was clean. So it looks like who ever it was had been extremely careful. Aside from the tearing, Emily was in pretty good shape. It looks like she didn’t struggle around to much and probably just sat still. That probably saved her a lot of pain and she should be pretty good for major injuries.” Well its good to know that I have at least done something right.

Zane nodded a little bit, tightening his fingers on mine. “So she is fine? How about me?”

“Yes, she is fine. You are to, but you’ll probably be out of commission for a little longer.” The doctor smiled at his own joke. But I only heard that we wouldn’t be able to leave for a while. We should be focusing on getting out of here with the cops. I just want to be able to know that Zane and myself are safe. Maybe we will be okay here, just at least until Zane’s step father is out looking for us. “The cops are coming to find a you guys another location and also transport you to another hospital. Don’t worry, they will be here before morning.”

After he left Zane did something that I didn’t think he was going to do. He climbed out of he bed carefully and moved over to mine. Ever so slow limping over, dragging his IV behind him. I moved over for him to lay down and allowed him to wrap my body in his arms. I was actually surprised at how little it hurt. I nuzzled my head into his neck and kissed it.

“I love you, Emily.” He whispered, kissing the top of my head. “I can’t sleep over there, I’d be to worried this was all a dream.”

“Me too.”