Sequel: The Way You Lie
Status: Hope you love it as much as you loved How To Save A Life :)

Been to Hell

He Will Always Protect Me

It was only two hours later when the helicopter landed, and by then the topic of the military completely exited our mind. We had came up with some other plan to make money, and we also were glowing with the idea of his stepfather being caught. But he wasn’t yet, and we should know better then get excited.

When the doctors began wheeling us inside, we were both shocked to find then wheeling us to separate wards. Zane pitched quite the fit and had to be yelled at for overworking his body. But both of us were scared to be away from each other, they couldn’t keep us apart for long.

“What exactly do you think you are doing?” Zane demanded, holding the side of my rolling cot hard enough to where they couldn’t pull me away. He was scared that something was going to happen, and his anger was radiating off from him. “I refuse to let her out of my sight.”

“Both of you need test preformed and then you can be placed back together again. Don’t worry, she won’t be harmed.” The doctor informed. Though Zane didn’t let go, and Charlie seemed to be shuffling his feet nervously behind us. Was he worried about my outcome as well?

“I’ll go with her Zane, don’t worry. I promise not to let anything happen to her.” Charlie promised, gripping his shoulder. “Besides, you need to be examined as well. You’ll feel better after you let them get you some medication, not to mention so will Emily. Just let her go for an hour at the most.”

Zane’s hand let go of the gurney while he nodded, then he looked at me with his hesitant eyes. But what could he do here? He has no power to stop them from doing something that would help us. He knows that they could very well be protecting both of our lives. We need them for now.

Charlie smiled at him then told the doctors to take me. I couldn’t look at Zane as they did, I felt like he would flip out again if I did. When we rounded a corner Charlie help out his hand for me. I took it and held onto it with every ounce of strength I have. Because I was hold his hand, I felt like all my fear had disappeared.

“Don’t worry, Emily. I’ll make sure you get back to him.” He informed.

After that we made it into a pure white room that was filled with a bunch of medical tools. I began to wonder what they were going to do with me, but no one informed me of anything. Charlie was told to sanitize and that was the only time he left me. Worry filled my body, and I found my heart beating wildly when they began attaching the IVS. Though my fear vanished when I began loosing consciousness from what ever they put inside my body.

I awoke to the sound of Zane’s soft voice. He was talking to the doctors about our release date and about both of our conditions. I was to afraid to open my eyes, so I found myself eavesdropping. They were talking about the risks of me getting pregnant and the length of time for his ribs to heal. It sounded like we would at least be here for another three weeks. But that could be a good thing, we shouldn’t have to worry about much happening. I should just be able to spend time with Zane and feel like we can figure out the plan.

My eyes shot open when I felt someone climb into my bed, and my heart only stopped beating so fast when I found it was Zane. He cooed me quietly for a moment, then wrapped his arms around me. Sucking some air in painfully but still tucking his face into my neck.

It felt nice to have him near. Just his touch instantly calmed me down and made me feel like it was happy again. I don’t know what I felt like have to be afraid around him, and that I was going to be completely safe no matter what. No more worries, he will protect me always.
♠ ♠ ♠
Shorter chapter....I know lol. But I am on X-Mas break and plan on updating more :)