Sequel: The Way You Lie
Status: Hope you love it as much as you loved How To Save A Life :)

Been to Hell

Zane's Birthday

It was only a week later when we found ourselves watching Nightmare Before Christmas on the little hospital TV. It was for Zane’s birthday, and I had promised him I would get my hands on the DVD no matter what it took me. It took some major sneaking around in…well his own wallet, and then some bribing on Charlie’s part. For her was the one who had to go to the store and pick it up for me. It was quite embarrassing on my part to admit I used his own money to buy it, but he was still pleased that he got to watch it.

I also got him some snowcaps and popcorn so that he felt like he got something else, even if it was only candy. I was actually quite pleased that I got most of that stuff and that he was happy with it. I’ve honestly never seen him so bubbly, and it was quite a show to watch him sing along with all of the songs.

Zane tightened his grip on me and then planted a kiss on the side of my head. Just about jumping along with the new song that began to play. I couldn’t help but smile at his flamboyances.

“This is my favorite part.” He whispered excitedly. It was the part where Jack discovers Christmas Town. The lyrics made me wonder if he actually had a certain tie to the movie. Was Christmas Town his escape, and was Halloween Town his home where he was stuck. Where he was forced to be a slave, watched all the time?

“Mine too.” I smiled, snuggling closer to him. He smiled bigger then me and hummed along with the music once more. “Do you like your present?”

“I love it.” He chuckled. “It’s exactly what I wanted, and now we can watch it anytime we want.”

We sat like that though out the entire movie, Zane watched closely the whole time. I was proud that I could make him happy, like I was finally doing something worth while in the relationship. I also feel like he is doing all the work. Protecting me, saving us, loving me. It was like he never got a break, at least he is getting one now.

Charlie was the one to interrupt us about five minutes before the movie was down. Zane didn’t seem to happy about that, but there was nothing we could really do about it.

“Okay, I’ve got your knew names.” Charlie smiled. How many times are we going to have to change our names? I’m so tired of learning new last names, then having to remember them. I swear one day I’m going to mess up and call myself one of our other names. “Zane and Emily Turner. Its going to easy to remember I hope?”

“Yes, easy enough.” Zane smirked, sitting us up.

Charlie frowned a little bit then brought a Wal-Mart bag out from behind him. “I don’t think you guys will be happy about this though, I know how you feel about your hair…but its red, Emily. It kind of stands out.”

I gave him the death stare, knowing that he had the one color that I hated to dye my hair; black. Now, I didn’t hate the color per say, I just hated that fact that it is the hardest color to dye over. But, this could save our lives and its worth it if I am protecting Zane.

Zane looked down at me and chuckled. “Its not that bad, darling. Besides, you need to re-dye your hair anyway.”

“Black will look good on you.” Charlie was trying to be nice, but I couldn’t find any joy. I didn’t want to dye my hair, but this is something that I have to do. “Oh, Zane your hair is long therefore it is noticeable. I am having someone come in to cut it. Now, one of the nurses offered to dye your hair though.”

“Haha you have to cut your hair.” I giggled. He rolled his eyes and nodded.

“Honey, my hair is at my shoulders. I was going to cut it anyway, look like a scrub.” Zane smiled, pulling away from me and stretching. “Go get your hair dyed, I want to see what its going to look like.”

“What?” I whimpered, still kind of pouting. But I still started climbing out of the bed. It didn’t really hurt anymore, and when Zane was getting his check ups my nurse would help me walk around. She was really nice and I felt like I didn’t want any other doctor to be taking care of me. “Fine.”

“I’ll take her down there. The doc said he’d be in here for you in a few minutes.” Charlie informed, grabbing my arm to help me stand up. Zane nodded and then limped his way to his own cot. I gripped Charlie close when we walked out, afraid of face planting.

When we made it outside we found my nurse waiting outside. She had her light blond hair tied in a high pony tail, held back with a head band. Her face sported nice tan skin, and light make up. She was really pretty and I couldn’t understand how she was single. We were talking about that when she commented on how happy Zane and I looked.

“How are you doing today?” She questioned when Charlie passed me off to her. He handed her the hair dye and then walked away. “Black to cover up that pretty red, such a shame.”

I felt the same as she did, but-like I said earlier- I didn’t have a choice in the matter. Put our lives in danger, or dye my hair. I really don’t want to attract any more danger towards us. She smiled over at me, starting to walk to the bathroom Zane and I use when we are being carted around.

“How about a hair cut as well?” She questioned, pulling at my almost mid-back length hair. “It’ll be easer to comb out.”

“I’m sure you don’t know how to cut hair.” I smirked, taking her arm as she helped me sit on the closed toilet. She tilted her head and took a pair of scissors out of her pocket.

“Honey, do you honestly think I wanted to be a nurse.” She motioned for me to turn around, so I did-even if it was slowly. She pulled my hair onto my back then cut off a few inches off the end. Then she added layers and fixed my bangs. “Oh your so pretty, and now you don’t have a rats nest of hair. I think the black will look good on you.”

“That’s good.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Emily's hair style it really only goes to her chest area, but I couldn't find one that short :)