Sequel: The Way You Lie
Status: Hope you love it as much as you loved How To Save A Life :)

Been to Hell

Informationg- Final chapter before the next book

It was only about two months later when I found myself sitting in the bathroom with the door locked. My fingers shakily held the pregnancy test as I awaited the results. Honestly I couldn’t saw wither or not I was ready for a child.

So far out hide out has worked out perfectly. we’ve seen stuff on the news about his step father, but that was about it. Zane had scored a fair paying job at another factory and I finished the equivalent of a grade in school. What ever the online classes were helped, and it was nice to go at my own pace. Considering that Zane was at work al the time my pace was quite fast. Charlie didn’t believe me at first when I asked him for my exiting exam, he forced me to prove it on the computer.

Thankfully both Zane and I passed our evolutions. Zane had passed with flying colors, but I had just barely made it. Because of that I have to talk on the phone with a therapist for about an hour a week. She was nice and allowed me to work it out for the times that Zane wasn’t home.

Since Zane found work he also made a few friends, that made me happy. Sure it meant that he would be out of the house more, but it also meant that he could have time away from me. It was nice to hear him speak of funny things that happened at work. Sadly that also meant he liked to go out, it’d be fine if he didn’t go to the bar with them. But I didn’t complain because he always crawled back into bed with me, drunk or not.

Last night I accidentally started a fight about that. It scared me when he came home drunk. That meant he had been drunk driving, plus he always wanted to talk about ways to avoid his step father when he was drunk. I knew it was just his deepest desires speaking, but he wanted to run again. I didn’t want to because I knew we had a good thing going here. When we ended up fighting over his new drinking habit I ended up sitting all night in the bed alone. He slept on the couch…well he didn’t really sleep as much as he did break things. I cleaned that up when I got up in the morning to find him gone. At least I knew he was at work and not out roaming the streets.

A sigh escaped my chest as I watched a pink plus sign arrive on the little screen. Now I’m going to have to tell him, and we’re going to have to make a doctors appointment. Is he going to be happy now? I know he would’ve been a few days ago…but what about now? Will he drop the fight we had last night?

I rested the test on the counter and leaned my head against the edge of the tub. My eyes closing and watching images of a little Zane running around. The next thing I knew the front door was slamming and Zane’s heavy feet were walking past the bathroom door. There was only one room past the bathroom, and that was the bedroom. His weight creaked as he flopped onto the bed. Sighing once more I stood up wobbly and rested my hand on my stomach for a moment. You can do this.

I grabbed the test and slowly opened the door. Zane hadn’t turned on any lights and the house was covered in a dull gray color. It just made the mood creepy so my feet walked a little quicker.

Inside the messy bedroom was Zane. He was laying on his stomach on his side of the bed, work clothes and everything. He wasn’t asleep yet, and he was quite enough to inform me that he was waiting for me to break the silence.

“Zane?” I whispered weakly, wrapping my arms around myself. Carefully I walked over to the nightstand next to his head. His eyes watched me and I could tell he was still angry.

“I don’t want to talk about it. Can I just go to sleep?” He whispered back. Sad tears welded up in my eyes and I just nodded, resting the test on his nightstand then walking back out before my tears started overflowing. What have I done? “Em?” He hadn’t turned on the light yet, he still thought I was angry maybe.

Somehow I ended up back in the bathroom laying in the tub. Probably trying to hide from all my problems. I didn’t even bother to turn on the light, luckily I didn’t fill the tub and gotten in fully clothed. I think I was just trying to hide. Again I rested my head on the cold porcelain and listened to his deep intake of breath. The click of the lamp echoing though the house.

“Em? I’m not-” His words stopped and I knew he had seen it then. My heart began to pump and I felt more tears fall. He’s not going to want the kid anymore, what if he doesn’t want me anymore? “Emily?” His weight was off the bed once more and he began rushing through the hallway. I froze, but he didn’t stop at the bathroom door. “Where are you?”

Slowly I lifted my head and took a small breath. “Bathroom.”

He was there within a split second and the light was on as well. His face concealed pure joy and excitement. “You’re pregnant? This isn’t a joke right?”

“No, I’m pregnant.” I promised, feeling my tears start to slow down a bit. My voice was still weak and there was still a shadow that he didn’t want me. But I guess we can’t turn back now. “Are you still angry at me?” My eyes looked down in worry, but I found his rushing over to hug me instead of answering.

“No. I got over that this morning, but I didn’t want to wake you up. I’m going to be a dad.” He was honestly really happy, I hadn’t expected that. I hugged back and rested my head on his shoulder.

“Ya, you’re going to be a dad.” As soon as I said that a loud knock echoed through the house.

“Zane, open the door!” We both froze at the voice. “Police!”
♠ ♠ ♠
PLEASE READ!
Hey guys, I had to write a big research paper and thats why it took me so long to update. I'm sorry. So I'm looking for a song to base the next book on but I have come up short so far. I would love your help, there is no layout or title for it yet so I think you can do just about anything and it would look amazing. Please help, I will give everyone who helps credit on the new page when it goes up which will be soon hopefully.

Thank you so much for reading, you have no idea how much it means to me. :)