Sequel: The Way You Lie
Status: Hope you love it as much as you loved How To Save A Life :)

Been to Hell

Tired

Emily’s Point Of View

Everything was getting so hazy, I don’t think it would really matter if Zane left now. I wouldn’t be able to stop him at all, soon I’d be knocked out. Although that sounds horrible to me right now, I believe that a nightmare tonight wouldn’t be a surprise.

Zane pulled the blanket back on the oddly clean bed and laid me down. The mattress was one of the hardest I’ve ever slept on, including the one I had in the room Zane use to hold me in. Even the pillows were hard, but the blankets were nice and warm. I felt that they were going to guard me against the cold winter air.

To be honest it did make me kind of sad to leave the warmth of Florida. Michigan was so cold! I wasn’t use to it, but maybe we’ll be here long enough to allow me to get use to it.

I was brought out of my thoughts from Zane’s lips pressing to my cheek. I smile grew in my throat, but didn’t make it all the way on my lips before my eye lids drooped closed. When I tried to open them again I just gave up. Allowing the feeling of my sinking head in the pillow lull me off to the half way sleeping point.

“I love you, Emily. I promise I’ll be back soon.” I heard him whisper, then another kiss was pressed softly to my lips-giving me to time to kiss back I might add. But I also couldn’t care less, I was asleep before the door had a chance to close.

~Dream~

My eyes glanced around the dimly lit room. Watching everyone else who was in there. The people in this room were the people I’ve known through out my life, the people who have had a major influence of me.

Zane sat next to the one person who has taken care of me all my life, the owner of the orphanage, the woman who died before he had taken me. On the other couch was my first foster parents, the one who is in jail and the one who committed suicide. Next to them was the old germ phobic lady. Matt sat in front of the fire place in is wheel chair, watching me closely.

If was only then that I realized that I was laying on the floor at Zane’s feet, shivering and crying. I didn’t understand what was going on, but everyone seemed so concerned.

“I can’t stay with her anymore, not in this condition. The state is going to take her back to the orphanage.” Zane whispered, he didn’t seem to realize that I was there. It wounded me to hear those words come out of his mouth, I didn’t like thinking that I would have to go back to that dreaded place. Away from Zane and back into the foster system. “She’s sick and dying, maybe they can provide the health care she needs to survive.”

“Zane, we all died protecting her. We cannot stop them from taking her, we’re dead.” Matt growled. Dead? Were they all dead? Was I alone? That is my worst fear, being alone with no one. “She’s alone, let her die that way.” My heart seemed to beat right through my chest, that was the worst thing that has ever been said about me. Being alone again would just about kill me.

~End Of Dream~

I awoke to a sharp pain in my leg, it was so bad that it made me jump right out of my dream. A gasp escaped from someone’s lips, and my eyes shot open. Completely terrified that it was going to be someone I didn’t know, someone here to hurt me. But what I found was comforting, Zane.

He had me leg on his lap and it looked like he was sowing the wound close, but my eyes were still hazy so I could be sure. His face softened and he leaned over to me so that he could kiss my cheek.

“I’ve got to sow it shut otherwise its going to get infected and not heal right. So I just want you to hold still for me please.” He begged, kissing my cheek once more then going back to work. To tell you the truth it didn’t hurt as bad as it should, it was hidden by the pain pills I had taken earlier. “Thank you. Don’t worry, I’m almost done.”

“Zane, I’m tired.” I whispered, closing my eyes for a moment. But a sudden urge to be awake over took me, I felt as though he needed to tell me something. I felt his fingers press to my cheek, and his lips to my forehead.

“You can sleep, Emily. Its okay to sleep, nothing is going to happen. I’m here to protect you from anything that is willing to hurt you.” He purred. When he went back to fixing my leg it only took him a few seconds before I heard the needle be cut from the string. Then I felt his hands begin to wrap my legs quickly in gaze.

He was right when he said he would protect me, I trusted him completely. He was the only one I trusted enough to stay with, I love him.

When he pinned off the gaze, he crawled up to my side and pulled me into his arms. I snuggled into his side and bundled his shirt in my fingers. Just having him near calmed my nerves, left my breathing shallow and my heart light with love.

“Emily, we need a plan. We can’t stay in this motel forever.” He whispered, stroking my cheek bone. I smiled and bit and snuggled closer, cuddling against his warmth. “I need to find a job, and a house. Maybe even new names again, we’re screwed unless we don’t move fast.”

“I don’t care where you go, just take me with you.” I hummed, opening my eye a little bit, he just smiled at me.