Sequel: The Way You Lie
Status: Hope you love it as much as you loved How To Save A Life :)

Been to Hell

Call Button

Emily’s Point Of View

I was still under shock from the fact that his step father was still alive, here I was thinking that we would finally be free and not have to deal with that man any more. But then Zane tells me that he’s still alive? What the hell, why can’t we have a normal life? That’s all I really want.

He sighed when he seen I was panicking and then rested his heavy body right next to mine. Tightening his arms around me and pressing his lips lightly to mine. Not allowing me time to kiss back.

“Babe, I know you are freaking out right now, but if you don’t calm down you’ll freak yourself out and have the heart monitor go off. They might kick me out if we set that off, so lets just take a breather.” He stroked my cheek bone a I found myself calming down just because he said so. Maybe it was a reaction to the past, when I just did stuff in fear that he would hurt me. “You know I’m never going to let him hurt you again, I didn’t last night and I won’t ever. Sure I did allow someone else to hurt you, but I don’t ever want that to happen either. Can you forgive me for that?”

“Ya, just keep your promise to protect me. I hate that guy, he scares me more then you use to you.” I admitted. Laying my head against his chest. His strung his fingers through my hair and slowed down a bit when he felt my quivering body. “I think I’m just cold.”

“But you’re really hot, Emily.” He demanded, sitting up and pressing the call button on the little electoral box connected to the wall before I could stop him. I honestly believe I’m fine, what could go wrong? “Sit still just in case.” He pulled away from me and stood up, opening the door for the nurse when she got here. It didn’t take her long, maybe three minutes.

“What’s wrong?” She questioned in worry, running over to check all the cords. Maybe I was in worse condition then I thought I was. That might explain the reason why Zane said he was happy that I was awake. She shined a tiny flashlight in my eyes and waited for me to follow the light before she pulled it away. “Well?” I knew she was talking to Zane, so I didn’t attempted to answer.

“She’s shaking, and says she cold. But as you can see she’s quite hot. The doc told me to watch for her temperature to rise.” Zane explained, walking closer to get a better look. I began to worry.

“Yes, that’s a sign of infection. But I can’t see how she would be showing symptoms this quick. I’m not liking the way she’s reacting to the light as well, her reactions are to slow.” The nurse informed. I didn’t like them talking about me like I wasn’t there, but I knew something was wrong considering the way they were acting. She said something about infection, didn’t that mean I could die? “Will you go tell the desk that we need a doctor to check her out, I worried about the way she’s acting.” Zane nodded and rushed out, but I found myself wanting him to stay. I was scared that something really was going on, I don’t want him to leave if I’m in danger of dying.

“What’s going on?” I whispered. She smiled, it was a sweet smile and comforted me a little bit. But I was still completely scared, and I was sure her icy blue eyes seen that. Her eyes reminded me of mine.

“Nothing much, honey. Don’t be scared, you’ll be okay. I’ll make sure of it.” She smiled once more, trying to make sure I have some issuance.

Then a doctor walked in, another girl which for some reason made me feel a little better. Zane was going to come as well, but the door was shut behind her. I could see him through the window, snooping and trying to figure out what was going on.

“Emily, does anything hurt?” She questioned, turning to the door and rolling her eyes at Zane. Then she pulled the curtain over the window. “Zane, it would be in your best interest to wait in the waiting room where I told you to go.”

“Okay.” Zane sighed, I could hear him walking away. I was quite surprised that I could hear it though the wall. Then I thought maybe the walls were thinner, or the door wasn’t closed all the way.

“Emily, will you please answer my question.” She hummed, sitting down next to me, checking my IV. Seeing the dried blood around it, I blushed a little bit.

“That hurts a little, I got it caught on Zane.” I admitted, and she smirked a little bit. But it didn’t really surprise me. “And my ribs a tiny bit.”

“Then I’m going to look at them. Is that okay?” She asked, being perfectly nice. Almost like she knew I was already on edge. I nodded and she pealed back the warm blanket. I shivered a little bit, and even more when she gently untied the hospital gown from around my neck and then pulled it down. No wonder she wanted Zane out.

Her cold fingers pressed to my rib cage, watching my face until she got to the only one that truly hurt. I winced when she pressed against it, it felt like my chest was setting on fire.

“Okay, that’s a problem. This is the rib we had to fix the tissue over. What is means is that you have bruising over the rib, I also think that you may have a little but of infection over the rib where it didn’t heal right again. I’m thinking that we might have to stitch it looser so there’s not so much pressure on it so it may heal easier. It won’t take much, I’ll just have to numb you up.” She informed, I felt happy that it wasn’t really something serious and she can fix it easily. “The infection should be taken care of quite easily because we caught it soon, so we should be good there. But I need to ask you some questions to get a slight idea on the rest of the health risks. Just in case something comes up.”

“Okay.” I was willing to answer her questions, just to make sure that I would be okay. If she did something and I was allergic to it, that wouldn’t be the best way to go.

“I understand that Zane has created a fake identity for the both of you so that man wouldn’t find you, so I need to know your real name.” She smirked, pulling out a clip board.

“My real name is Emily Garner, but the cops changed it last month. Zane never told me what I go by now.” I informed, she nodded and wrote down my answer, keeping a document of everything I told her.

“Okay, how old are you?” That question I had to think about, I wasn’t really sure. Zane skipped my first birthday with him because we were fighting and I was still in the little room. But then, I never remembered having another birthday after that.

“I think I’m still seventeen.” I answered, fiddling with the blankets. Sort of ashamed that I didn’t know for sure. But I was ninety percent sure that I was still seventeen. “I know I was born on February third, nineteen ninety four.”

“Okay, so this is a very important one. I know its embarrassing but I need to know the answer. Are you and Zane sexually active?” She was right, my face shown bright red with blush. That wasn’t really something I want to tell her, but I’ll be truthful.

“…yes.” I whispered, looking down a bit in embarrassment. I hate admitting anything like that. But I know that she needed to know the answers to everything she asks.

“Okay, then is there a chance that you could be pregnant?” I froze a bit and clearly thought about it. Sure there was a chance, but I never considered it. Zane had told me that it was to dangerous, I think maybe that’s why I haven’t thought about it. “Because if you tell me yes, that might explain some of your slow reactions. The medicine we are giving you isn’t doing well with the baby if you are pregnant.”

I froze a bit once more, she was explaining it like she already knew I was. I hope I’m not, I don’t want Zane to be angry with me. Not to mention we don’t have the money for a little kid right now.

“Yes, it’s possible.”