Status: Just Begun..Hope you enjoy :)

The Hope is Fading

Chapter 10

My alarm clock buzzed early in the morning and I was quick to turn it off. For some odd reason I was excited to go to school. I went to my closet and pulled out a skirt my mom bought me not too long ago. Okay she bought it about six months ago and I don't really like skirts but today I felt different about them. I pulled out a white v-neck shirt and headed towards the bathroom.

I stripped down and turned on the shower and realized I had to shave. Oh so long since a razor touched my skin. I usually wore pants and saw no reason in why I needed to shave. I washed my hair and decided I wouldn't straighten my naturally curly hair.

I brushed my teeth and got dressed. I put some of my mom's moose in my hair and let my curls fall below my shoulders. I tried putting on mascara but kept poking myself in the eye so I just settled with a light shade of lip gloss. When I left the bathroom, my sisters were up watching TV with my dad. "Oh good morning Jaime- well you look different today." "Well just wanted to try something new, ya know?" "Well you look beautiful." "Thanks." I mumbled.

I went into the kitchen and made a bowl of cereal. I ate quickly and then got my things for school. As I was saying goodbye to my sisters the doorbell rung. "I got it." I said. I opened the door and Trevor was standing there.

"Whoa, Jaime you look-" "Different." I finished for him. "Well yeah. So I just came to see if you wanted to walk to school together." "Um sure, I was just about to leave." I turned and grabbed my jacket off the back of the table chair and picked up my two ton book bag. I closed the door behind me and locked it.

"It was windy outside and I snugged my head down in my jacket. "Are you cold?" Trevor asked. "Just a little." "Here," Trevor unwrapped the scarf he had around his neck and wrapped it around mine. He pulled it up in the front so that it covered some of my face. "There's probably gonna be lip gloss on this." I said. "Just the way I like it. I laughed and he joined in.

A strong wind came and pushed my hair all over the place. Trevor laughed loudly and I couldn't help but laugh too. "Your hair's really pretty when it's curly." His hand reached out and pushed a piece of hair that was in face and tucked it behind my ear.

I slightly smiled and the heat rushed to my cheeks and ears. We turned the corner and we were at the school. The kids hustled in and me and Trevor rushed in as the wind became stronger.

He walked me to my locker. As I was putting things in and taking things out Trevor kept whispering funny things in my ear. And no matter how hard I tried I couldn't stop laughing.

I heard heels clicking down the hall when I turned my head. It was Kayla and her friends. I caught her eye and she gave me a once over and a puzzled look came over her. She and her friends approached me and Trevor.

"Jaime, you can change your look all you want, but you will never be pretty. Hi Trevor, you look good today. You should sit with me at lunch today." Kayla put her hand on Trevor's stomach and smiled at him. She turned and gave me a dirty look and then left .

"Jaime you look beautiful today, don't listen to Kayla. She's just jealous that there's someone in this school is prettier than her." "Thanks but, I'm not prettier than her." Suddenly his hands were on either side of my face. I was starring at him directly in his eyes. "Yes you are. On the inside and out." If this was a movie we would kiss, but it's not and I pulled away and thanked him again.

The bell rang and we walked to our homerooms. When homeroom was over, we walked to our first period together and we were both silent.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the wait but school is back in session and field hockey had me busy. But I hope this chapter was good and long enough. I am writing the next chapter right now! Soooo read....now!