Status: Just Begun..Hope you enjoy :)

The Hope is Fading

Chapter 11

It was now lunch. I walked to my locker by myself because Trevor was stolen by a group of boys. As I switched my books and binders someone called my name. I looked in the direction where the sound came from and it was Sean.

"Hey." I said once he reached me. "Hey, you want to sit with me at lunch today?" "Sure, I have no where else to sit." "There's always a spot for you at my table." I closed my locker and we walked down to the cafeteria together.

People watched me as we got our lunch. "Did I say how pretty you look today?" "No." "Well you look really pretty today." "Thanks." We sat down at his table and I began looking around for Trevor. I couldn't find him.

A bunch of Sean's friends came and sat down. One in particular, sat really close to me. "Hello, I'm Patrick and you are?" "Jaime." I simply said. He put his arm around me and I tried to shake it off, but his arm was too heavy. "I don't know if you know this but I'm pretty good at football." "Really? Then why are you LB?" Sean said. "LB?" "Yeah Left bench." The guys began to laugh and I snickered under my breath. "Hardy har-har." Patrick then focused back on me. "You know Jenny-" "Jaime." "My bad, Jaime I think, no I know that we would be a perfect couple." Sean stood up. "Jaime you want to throw your trash away?" I took this opportunity to leave the table. "Oh yes." I grabbed my tray and walked to the trash cans with Sean.

I scanned the lunch room for Trevor and spotted him with Kayla. Sean saw what I was looking at. "Seems like Trevor and my sister are friendly with each other." Kayla was whispering something in his ear. He spotted me and waved. Kayla saw and pulled his head towards her.

I smiled and kept walking. We went back to the table and Patrick kept hitting on me. I paid no attention to it.

Once lunch was over Trevor came over to me. But Kayla kept a close distance.

We walked to our next period together. He told me all about how Kayla asked a bunch of guys to pull him and sit next to her at lunch. I laughed and kept listening to how much torture it was to have her whisper in his ear.

It was the last period before school ended. I had band and Trevor was interested in playing an instrument so he followed me to the band room. I played the trumpet and Trevor wanted to play the drums so I couldn't help him that much.

So Trevor already had experience playing the drums and he was amazing at it. In the middle of the class, I got up and went into one of the practice room to work on a song I was writing. I was in the middle of adding some chords onto the sheet of paper when Trevor walked in. "I didn't know you played the guitar." "Yep, I taught myself in ninth grade." He smiled. "Why are you so talented." "I don't know. But it's always the awkward people that are."