Status: Just Begun..Hope you enjoy :)

The Hope is Fading

Chapter 6

I was closing the door to my locker when I heard someone call my name. I looked over and saw Sean walking towards me. "Yes?" I asked him. "You have a ride home?" He asked. "Actually I walk." "Well come on I'll take you home." I laughed. "And risk the chance of seeing your sisters? No thanks, I'm fine with walking." He shook his head. "They're not that bad," I gave him a look. "Maybe a little. Well on that note, I'll see you tomorrow." He waved goodbye and walked away.

I finished getting my locker situated. I closed it and began walking. "Hey Jaime!" I turned around and saw Trevor running towards me. "Yeah?" "Do you walk?" He asked. I nodded my head. "Great we can walk together." He smiled. "Cool."

We walked out of the school. Trevor kept talking and I tried to listen. "Well this is my turn." I said, interrupting Trevor in his ramblings. "Oh, okay. Well, I guess I'll see you tomorrow." He said. "Yep, see you tomorrow."

I walked down my street quickly and ran into my building and into my house and closed the door. My sisters were on the floor playing with their dolls and my mom was on the couch watching TV.

"Hey mom." I said softly. "Hi Jaime, how was school?" She asked. "Good, I met two people today. One was new." My mom sat up and looked at me. She knew I wasn't very social so this was news to her. "Really? Guys or girls?" "Both the guys. And the new kid is white."

Her mouth hung open. "Really, white?" I nodded my head. I put my book bag on the floor and went to sit next to her. I told her about my day and she said she was proud of me for not pushing them away. Sometimes I had an attitude about me that pushed people away at times.

"Well I've got to make you father's dinner before he heads off to work." I helped her off the couch and helped her to the kitchen.

I grabbed my book bag once I was done helping my mom and headed to my room. I sat at my makeshift desk slash TV stand and began working on my homework.

I finished about thirty minutes later. I was in the midst of putting my homework in my bag when there was a knock on my bedroom door. "Come in." The door opened and my father stood there in his pajama's.

I turned my head quickly. "Jaime, I'm so sorry about what happened. You know, sometimes I-" "You get drunk and don't know what you're doing. I know dad." I said harshly. The door closed and I listened for his footsteps. When they weren't audible I got up and layed on my bed and turned on my TV.

I always got the same response after he would abuse my mother and I always resorted to watching TV. No matter how much I preached it would rot my brain someday it always allowed me to forget the bad things in my life. Sometimes dumbing yourself down did miracles like that.