Status: Just Begun..Hope you enjoy :)

The Hope is Fading

Chapter 7

"Jaime!" My sisters shouted when they rushed into my room. "What?" "Momma fell in the kitchen and she's bleeding." I hopped out of bed and rushed into the kitchen and found my mother laying in a pool of blood.

"Jasmine get me the house phone!" I shouted. "Mom are you okay?" She let out a little groan. I dialed 911 once Jasmine got me the phone. "My mom's six months pregnant and fell and she bleeding, badly." "Someone will be there shortly." I hung up and rubbed my mother.

Please don't let this be a miscarriage, please God if you can hear me, please anything but that.

The ambulance was here and took my mom out on a stretcher. I called my father who left my work already and told us to get his mom to watch my sisters and that I should go with mom and that he'll be at the hospital as soon as he can.

I hung up and ran up the building stairs to grandma's apartment. I told her what happened and she went down to our apartment and stayed with my sisters. I ran out to the ambulance and got in the back with my mom.

I held her hand tightly and ran my fingers through her hair. She had long dark blonde hair. "It's gonna be okay mom." I whispered over and over again.

Once we reached the ambulance the rushed her to the E.R. I had to sit and wait in the waiting room.

I just looked around the room and tapped my foot to some beat I made up in my head. I tended to do that a lot. Whether it be humming, tapping a pencil, clicking a pen. I always did that when there was nothing else to do or when I was really worried.

"Out of the way!" I heard someone shout. I looked over and saw two people on a stretcher speeding down the hallway. But there was a table in there way. The stretcher crashed right into the table. The two fell over on top of each other. Laughter came from them and I went over to see if they were okay.

I noticed the light brown disheveled hair and looked at the face. "Trevor?" "Oh hey Jaime, what are you doing here?" He asked. "My mother had a really bad fall. What about you?" He didn't answer right away.

"My father's a doctor here so I come to help out some times." Wait what? "If you're father works here then why are you going to my school?" "Complicated, I live with my mother and her and my father are divorced. My father was smart enough to have her sign a pre-nup and she didn't have much to begin with.

My mother was the stay at home mother with me and my younger brother Travis, so she's fairly new to the working scene." I nodded my head.

"Why hello Jaime." I heard a voice say. I looked down and saw a mini Trevor. "Hello?" "So you like younger men?" I laughed. "Keep dreaming." Trevor patted him on the head. "Next time buddy. Plus I'm working on this one." I rolled my eyes.

Even though I rolled my eyes, I blushed slightly. That was the first time a guy actually sort of flirted with me. I looked at Trevor. He gave me a smile and I smiled back.

"Miss. Crenshaw your father called and said he can't make it and that you need to stay as long as possible with you mother." A nurse said when she came up to me. I nodded my head.

"Whoa, are you gonna be able to be at school tomorrow?" Trevor asked. "Yeah I'm pretty sure I'll make it. I never missed school. You're looking at Miss Perfect Attendance since first grade." I gave him a cheesy smile and he laughed.

You know maybe Trevor wasn't such a bad dude after all. I mean this is the first time I actually had fun with someone. And it didn't feel that bad at all.