Status: Just Begun..Hope you enjoy :)

The Hope is Fading

Chapter 8

Trevor and his younger brother hung out with me. We bought drinks and talked in the main lobby. After an hour or so I was allowed to see my mother. The nurse led me into her room. When I walked in she was balled up crying. I knew what it was once I saw her.

The baby was dead.

She was crying, a lot. "Mom," I said softly. She didn't look at me nor did she even move. I walked over to her and sat on the side of her bed. I wrapped my arms around her. "I'm so sorry mom." She cried even harder.

I rubbed her back in soothing circles. Poor mom, she was really excited about this child. It was going to be a boy. It was her first boy since my brother left.

My older brother Jeremy, left two years ago and we never saw him again. My dad and him never really got along and once he was old enough he left and we never heard from him again.

"Mom can you talk to me." I begged after fifteen minutes of silence. I pulled her head up gently so I could look at her face. It was red and tear stained. "Mom, come on. Everything's going to be okay."

"No, everything's not Jaime. I lost a life because I was careless, because I didn't watch where I was going." She began crying even harder.

There was no use in arguing. I got up and walked out of the room. I headed back into the lobby and slumped into a chair.

"How's your mom holding up?" Trevor asked. "Not good, she's really upset." I began tapping my foot again, to the same beat as earlier. "Well, it's pretty late. Do you need a ride home?" Trevor asked. "No, I'll be fine."

"How will Miss Perfect Attendance keep her record?" He laughed. "Hey, don't make fun of perfect attendance. And don't worry, I'll make it."

"Nonsense, my mother should be here in an hour or two and you're getting a ride home." Trevor dragged me off before I could protest.

"Now sit." Travis said. "What?" I asked. "Sit, you heard me." I laughed. "Okay, okay." I sat on the stretcher and Travis sat in front of me. "Now hold on tight." I grabbed the sides of the stretcher.

"1," "Wait what's going on?" I asked.

"2." "I don't think this is a good idea.

"3!" "No!" Trevor jumped on the back of the stretcher after he pushed it really hard. We flew down the hall.

Was I the only one screaming? Possibly. Why did I have to sit?

I closed my eyes tight, but they ended up opening again. I watched as we sped by items. This was probably the scariest thing I ever had to do. Then again I never really did anything.
♠ ♠ ♠
I want to personally thank Yella for being my first commenter and plus she told me I used 'but' too many times. Thanks :) I think I used 'but' once or twice in this chapter. So yay me. And yay Yella for first commenter :)