Status: Just Begun..Hope you enjoy :)

The Hope is Fading

Chapter 9

The stretcher flipped over and I fell on top of Travis and Trevor fell on me. We were all laughing loudly. Trevor got up and I rolled off of Travis. "Here." Trevor's hand was outstretched towards me. I grabbed his hand and he pulled me up. I helped up Travis and he thanked me. "Let's do it again!" Travis shouted. "No thanks but I think I almost had a heart attack," I said.

"So, that's the best part." Travis told me while picking up the stretcher. "You know what, just give me an 'I owe you' tab. Next time Travis, okay?" "I'll remember that, you know." Me and Trevor laughed.

I walked over to the chairs and sat down. It was almost midnight. I sighed and looked over at Trevor. He saw the look on my face and put his arm around me, and pulled me closer to him. He bent his toward my ear and whispered, "It's going to be okay, don't worry." I bit the inside of my cheek.

He must have sensed my awkwardness and he removed his arm and pulled back. I looked at him and smiled, to show him my thanks. He smiled back and then looked up.

A man in his late forties was standing over him. "Hey dad." Travis said. "Hey Travis." His attention was turned to me. "Your mother will be okay, and will be released in the morning. But she told me you have no way home so I told her I would give you a ride home when I take my sons home. So is everyone ready?"

I nodded my head and stood up. "Thank you sir, I appreciate this." "No problem, and please call me Theo." We walked out to the staff parking lot and he clicked a button on his car keys.

A silver car began to beep. Travis raced to the front and Trevor and I sat in the back and buckled my seat belt.

Small talk was made in between me giving directions to Theo. We were at my house in fifteen minutes.

"Thanks sir-Theo." I opened the door and tried to close it but Trevor's foot stopped me. "Here let me walk you to your door." Trevor's eyes were set on two men a few feet away from my house.

I opened the car door to let Trevor out and he stayed close to me. The walk was short and silent.

"Thanks, for everything." I said. "You're welcome," There was a pause. "So I guess I'll see you tomorrow at school." "Yep.

He reached out for a hug but my hand went out for a handshake. He moved back and shook my hand. I laughed and just went in for a hug. He laughed too and we bid each other goodbye.

I walked into the hallway and turned to go into my door. I closed it softly and leaned up against it.

Tonight was the night I realized my change, on the inside and out