Status: This story is active and will be updated every time my blog is updated.

My Life as a Lone Soldier in the Israeli Army

Aunt Marylou

25 MARCH 2010
Aunt Marylou
My Aunt Marylou is obviously my aunt. :P
She is such a strong wonderful person. I am so happy for her. She has beaten cancer. She has just told me that she underwent surgery and it was successful!(you can read about it in her blog ;) Here is the link. http://web.me.com/marylou.stewart/Wellness/Blog/Blog.html read it you will definitely enjoy. There is a picture in almost every post.) During the surgery they said there was no tumor there even though in the scans there was a slow growing tumor!
I am so happy that she has beaten this.

Aunt Marylou is a professional photographer. I like to think I follow in her steps. I hope I can be as good as her one day. As long as I can remember she has always been photographing everything. Everytime I saw her there has always been a camera in her hand. She has a picture for every occasion, every day, and every year. She has more then just one picture, she has tons.
Her pictures helped me when I was down. After coming to Israel I felt very alone and isolated. I felt like I had no one. None of my family was here. Of course I had my boyfriend, his friends and family, and some people I met in the program but I didn't have my friends and family. I didn't have the people who have known me since diapers and dare I say knew about me before I even knew what I was.
I asked her for just a few pictures of her and my cousins, instead I got so much more. They made me so happy. I got so many pictures. Pictures of my family I have never seen before. Of my Grandpa and his Dad! That was a wow moment. I never knew what he looked like. I had pictures of my father and uncle, both of my grandmothers, all of my aunts and cousins. I also got birthday pictures from when I was young.
I still have all of these pictures.
I showed my boyfriend a photo of my uncle in his army uniform and his reaction was priceless. I think that was the best reaction I've ever seen to someone in my family. His jaw dropped and said "Woah so hes like a major major general. I dont want to mess with him. Hes an army god." To me hes my Uncle Tom an extraordinary man who has done alot. Him and my Aunt Marylou are a huge inspiration to me. They are both my heros and people I look up too. Im very proud to be in their family.
Im thrilled that my Aunt has beaten cancer. I hope I can see her soon.
Hopefully this time I will have some photos for her.
♠ ♠ ♠
This blog post has photos and descriptions in it.
To see the actual post here is the link http://fromny-israel.blogspot.com/2010/03/aunt-marylou.html