Can't Finish What You Started

It's Not Much to Talk About

"Well, I gotta go to work," I said, after a little more small talk ( with the last two people I ever expected to have "small talk".) "Will you guys be okay here by yourselves?" (I didn't know why I felt oddly responsible for them.)

"Sure, why wouldn't we be?" Billie retorted.

I didn't know how to respond to that so I smiled back shyly and waved goodbye. Little did I know things would only get weirder.

Many long minimum wage hours later, I found myself nearing my apartment and staring in disbelief at My Chemical Romance's tour bus. "Dude, what happened to my life?!" I marveled. My ordinarily mediocre existence had indeed changed quite dramatically...and oddly...

Turns out MCR's bus had suddenly and inexplicably broken down nearby my apartment, and until it was fixed they were stuck with me. (It certainly felt odd to tell My Chemical Romance they could crash at your place.)

For dinner I fixed my specialty: spaghetti. Everyone seemed to like it well enough and we all ate in a very similar fashion to the small talk filled breakfast of earlier, with a few extra in tow.

Afterwards everyone, understandably confused by the unexplainable situation in which we all found ourselves, more or less scattered. I retreated to my room for some further contemplation. Frank and Gerard were sitting on the couch together. Billie Joe appeared to have left. Ray, Bob, and Mikey all went to see about the bus. Justin loitered awkwardly in the hallway.

Finally I saw him in my door way facing the wall opposite my bedroom, trying not to seem so lonely and out of place. I invited him in my room, and distracted him from declining the invite by immediately changing the subject to the movie The Night ot the Iguana.

This was basically how the rest of the night went. Justin and I talking...and odd sounds (of "Frerard") could be heard through the walls...

And as for sleeping, for the most part eveyone just crashed wherever they ended up.
♠ ♠ ♠
"It's not much to talk about, I've got so much to talk about." - Motion City Soundtrack "Indoor Living"
I thought that song and that lyric were rather relevant to Marrissa's life.