Can't Finish What You Started

What's Going on?

"This can't really be happening," I kept repeating to myself over and over, despite increasing evidence that it was. To make matters more complicated, questions were beginning to arise and not just from my end of things. It sucked because I was finally getting comfortable with and used to talking to Justin frequently and suddenly things had to gain an added dimension of messed-up awkwardness.

He kept coming to me with problems and questions I didn't know how to answer. Why was I his confidant? Oh yeah, because at the moment I was the only one that more or less knew what was happening. (Pretty much everyone else had yet to come to their senses.)

Today was one of those days. He approached me and we talked for a while. At first, everything was hunky-dory, then we got to the point. "Am I the only one that's confused about this odd little situation? Doesn't anyone wanna know what's going on?"

Until now he'd only seemed moderately puzzled, asking me small questions every so often. This one was bigger and carried so much more emotion. I had to shake off my initial shock and find a reply. Finally I opted to play dumb. "Well, 'confused' like how?" I asked, knowing damn well there were millions of reasons to be confused.

"Like at least they have a story. Their bus broke down here," He explained, gesturing toward MCR's tourbus, "I don't even know how I ended up here. I don't even remember any specific or exact moment that led me here or the moment I arrived here. I didn't even think of it until now."

"Maybe you shouldn't think about it," I said,"it's not like I can properly answer your questions."

"Well, not that I don't like you and your home and your life and all, but I wanna know when I return to mine," He replied, looking at his feet.

"I'm sorry,Justin, I don't know," I said, a tear burned in the corner of one eye. The other eye soon followed suit. Dammit! I didn't wanna cry in front of Justin Pierre.

He must have sensed something was wrong. "It's alright, though, I mean, I guess at the moment I wasn't doing anything important. We had a little time off and, I mean, as long as I'm back before we get back on tour, it's okay..."

But it wasn't okay. He could say he wasn't doing anything with his life anyway all he wanted to, but that still wouldn't make it alright. Even if he really wasn't doing anything worthwhile that didn't give me the right to take his life away from him.

Damn, suddenly I really hate fanfictions.