Status: Recently Updated--Hoping to get past this writer's block. Suggestions Welcome!

Heartless

Chapter Nine

*Derek’s Point of View*

I ran my hands angrily through my hair as I paced around my foyer, thinking about my encounter with Jane earlier that day. What Jane had said was true. I didn’t know her, and for some reason that bothered me. My heart would give an awful wrench and my stomach would drop every time, her words echoed through my head.

“No.” I snarled angrily, slamming my fist into the wall, creating a large hole. I wouldn’t go through this again, especially with her. She didn’t matter. She was a hunter by blood, there was no escaping that. I took a deep breath to calm myself, resting my head on the wall. I closed my eyes allowing my senses to be heightened. The woods were mostly silent except for a small ruckus a distance away. I ignored it assuming it was merely some animals running around. My eyes shot open at a familiar scent flooding my nostrils. Blood. Human Blood. I pushed myself away from the wall, flinging the door open.

I stood completely still focusing on where the smell was coming from.

“Derek!” I heard a weak cry echo through the forest. They sounded like they were in pain. The smell hit my again harder this time as I heard and angry howl of an Alpha echo towards me. I recognized the smell instantly, causing my heart to pull dreadfully.

“Jane.” I whispered panicky. I took off like a shot in the direction her scent was coming from, only to burst into the clearing we had quarreled in earlier that day. I scanned the area quickly and my eyes landed on an unfamiliar Alpha stalking towards Jane’s unconscious and bleeding body.

“Jane!” I yelled in a furious panic. I let out a terrifying growl rip through my throat as I transformed. The Alpha turned its head towards me, snarling. I sprinted at it at an inhumanly pace, teeth bared. I slammed into in slicing its hind leg open, trying to get it away from Jane. The Alpha let out a painful cry and knocked me to the side, throwing me a few feet away. I refused to acknowledge the pain that spread through my body as I hit the ground, not allowing myself to turn back to my human form. The Alpha snapped its jaw in my face before running off towards Jane’s body. I let out the angriest and loudest howl I have ever made as the Alpha went to grab Jane with its mouth. I sprinted towards them, slamming it into a tree on the other side of the clearing. I stayed in a hunched position overtop of Jane protectively, daring him to advance again. It let out an angry growl to let me know that this wasn’t over before limping away angrily.

I stayed over Jane for a few minutes to make sure he didn’t return un-expectantly. I transformed back into my human form exhausted and breathing heavily. I looked down at Jane’s body and quickly kneeled down next to her, checking her pulse. Her heartbeat was slow and uneven.

“Jane?” I muttered quietly, patting her cheek lightly, trying to make her conscious again.

The smell of blood hit my nose again causing my eyes to quickly scan her body only to land on the three long deep gashes along her back. The blood was soaking her clothing and hair. I glanced at her face one last time before turning her onto her back so I could pick her up bridal style. I sprinted back to my house with all the energy I had left, placing her on the couch, stomach first. I removed her bloody clothing and pulled her long hair out of the way, trying to ignore the fact that she was only in her black lacey bra from the waist up. I ran to get my medical kit, cleaning the wound thoroughly. I used the glue stitches on the cut hoping it will help them heal faster and avoid further damage. I had to use multiple large gauze pads just to cover the all three gashes, protecting the cuts. I left my hand on her back for a minute as I stared at her face. Despite everything she still looked just as breath taking as ever. I shook my head and walked away from her, staring out the window my back towards her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey Everyone!
I am so very sorry that i have not posted in a very long time. i have been swamped with school and writers block. Hopefully i will post chapters quicker!!!

Thanks for the support!
Sam