The Dark Mark

Chapter 1

It is the last week of my seventh year at Hogwarts. Everything has been quite hectic since Dumbledore died. Yes, he was a great man, and one of the best headmasters that Hogwarts has ever had, but he had to go. He had held the elder wand. Now, as I tell you this my soon-to-be master has it. You see, this summer I'm being forced, by my parents, to become a death eater and to take on a task from The Dark Lord. I will do anything for my family and their death eater ways. I may be luckier than my older sister though. She had to get married as soon as she was out of school. I on the other hand am a strong and powerful witch and I won't be shipped off and given to somebody. I'll be the one who chooses my love, and I already know who I'm going to choose.

"Ari, it's time for supper. We should head down," my friend, Pillar, said as she got up from her bunk in our room. I smiled and joined her.

"Hello, Ana," my cousin, Astoria, said, as I entered the common room.

"Evening, Tori," I said. Then we all walked out toward the great hall, and I couldn't help but think about Draco. I honestly wonder what he is up to. You see, he and I had become really cozy lately. He had come to me with all of his troubles. I fell in love with him. It was totally unexpected, but I accepted it willingly. I would've ran off with him, if I didn't have to be so damn loyal to my family. I sat down at the table in my normal spot. I'd sit here with my beloved Draco, but he had ran off after killing Dumbledore.

"How do you think he is doing?" Blaise, Draco's good friend said.

"I think he is feeling really bad about killing him. I also think he feels as though he has proved himself," I said, knowing just that.

"This place has changed drastically," he murmured. I nodded my head. At least it's near the end of the year and not in the middle.

"I wonder what it'll be like next year. I'm honestly glad I'm out of here because of this," I said. Blaise nodded in agreement and we all began to eat quietly after that with me going off into my own thoughts, like usual, are about Draco. I just can't help it. I'm in love with him and he is almost the only thing that I care about.

This entire year, he has been coming to me with everything. I knew about his task, even before the Dark Lord gave it to him. The Dark Lord is like my second father. He tells me everything. That is another reason why I can't just disrespect my family and leave, because if I do then I have the Dark Lord sending out everybody to find me and to bring me back.

"You almost done eating? It seems as though you're a little preoccupied," Pillar said, taking me out of my thoughts.

"Oh, yeah, I'm finished. Want to go up to our room?" I asked. She nodded and we both went off to our room to go to bed for the night. I couldn't sleep though, because my mind was racing, as it had for the past three days.