Sequel: Sweet Nothings
Status: Completed with Readers: 448; Subscribers: 156; Comments: 192; Stars: 10

French Vanilla

That I Caught Fire

Waking up the next morning, I yawned and stretched my arms out, frowning at the empty space next to me. Tom wasn't there. Last night replayed in my head like a dream. We ended up kissing late into the night. I would be really doubtful that last night even happened at all, except my lips were still numb and a little plump from the previous night.

I stretched once more and sat up in my bed. According to the clock he kept next to his bed, it was eleven in the morning, but the house was quiet and that always disturbed me.

Getting out of bed, a quickly stripped into a pair of skinny jeans and one of Tom's shirts. I went into the bathroom and brushed my teeth, running into Oli in the hallway on my way out. "Have you seen Tom?"

He looked startled at first, and nervous. Very nervous. "Uh, yea actualleh. He's in the back yard right now - but I don't fink yeh should go back there."

My brows furrowed. "Why not?"

"'Cause, just don't. Trust meh, yea?" He put a hand on my shoulder and gripped it gently. Then with a heavy sigh, he turned and stalked off to his bedroom.

I rolled my eyes at his actions. As if I was going to listen to him. He probably had a hangover or something. God knows what he did last night after we came back from the hospital. Maybe he had a few beers.

I sighed as my weariness took over. I hated the fact that I couldn't have coffee for two weeks. It was pure torture. Doctors hate me.

I walked down the stairs and into the living room. I heard a few voices coming from outside. Tom's voice... and a female?

"Tom....seriousleh...mean it.... promised meh...." The females voice came in patches. Between the wall and her heavy English accent, I could only make out a few of her words.

I inched closer into the kitchen where the backdoors lead out into the yard. My eyes fell upon the two. They were sitting on lawn chairs facing away from the house. Tom was still in pajamas and bed head covering his brown locks. Then I noticed her. She was in a yellow sundress with matching sun hat. Her long curly brunette hair fell down to her waist. She had ruby red lipstick which contrasted with her pale skin. She looked like a million bucks.

"Tommeh," I heard her whine. "I've missed yeh like yeh don't undahstand." She got up and shuffled around. Tom mumbled a response too low for me to make out from the inside of the house. I heard her giggle and I watched as she sat on his lap.

My heart dropped. "Tommeh," she whined again. I heard him muffle a response and then, as if my eyes betrayed me, the brunette leaned in and pressed her ruby red lips to his.

The pain that erupted in my chest still wasn't strong enough to fathom the pain I felt in my heart. It was breaking. I let out a whimper before I ran upstairs and grabbed a small bag of things.

"What are yeh doin'?" I heard Oli's voice from the doorway. I turned and his expression changed from confused to hurt and sympathetic. "I told yeh not teh go lookin' for him."

Tears cascaded down my face as I grabbed up my bag and shoved my feet into my Converse. My body floated out of the house. When I was about a block away from the Sykes' home, I pulled out my phone.

To: Sam Davis
From: Skylar
Im on mye waey. Be therse so0pn.


I knew the text was probably impossible to understand, but my hands were shaking too hard for me to type something coherent. I ran in the direction of the only place I knew I would be able to talk to someone. The direction of Drop Dead.

I busted through the door and Sam looked up from the register. He quickly ran over to me and engulfed me into a hug. "Skylah babeh, what's wrong? What 'appened?"

"I- and- Tom- and-" I choked out between breaths. "She's perfect!" I whaled out.

"What?" He asked confused. He ran his hands through my hair. "Shh. Whatever yeh are worryin' about will be fine."

"No it won't!" I cried. "Tom and, ugh. Tom!" I yelled again.

"Shh.. listen to meh." He pulled away and wiped the tears away. "Whatever Tom did to make yeh like this, well, he's a wanker."

I muffled a laugh, but it didn't alleviate the pain I felt inside. Was he seriously leading me on this entire time.

The bell for the door rang and Sam lifted his head. "Aye mate, 'ow are yeh today?"

"Pretteh good." Lee's voice rang. I lifted my head from Sam's chest and looked over at him. Worry instantly overtook his face. "What 'appened little bird?"

I sniffled and wiped a few tears from my eyes. Sam responded for me. "Tommeh was a wanker."

"Oh, I'm sorreh Skylah." He placed a hand on my shoulder and gave me a like squeeze.

Sam sighed, "I know. I wish I wasn't workin'. I fink she jus' needs teh be taken care of o' somefin."

"Well if yeh want, I can watch 'er. I don't 'ave nuffin teh do today." I looked up to Lee quizzically and he just shrugged.

"Fanks Lee. I'd appreciate that. I can't just leave Drop Dead right now."

He nodded and laced his hand with mine. I looked down at our hands with a confused look. There were too many emotions clouding my mind to even try and process anything. I felt like a small child that had to keep being wheeled and carted around everywhere.

"Aye," Sam placed a finger under my chin, making me look into his eyes. "Yeh text meh latah, okay? I need teh make sure yeh okay." I nodded and looked down at the ground again. My world was ending there was no other way to explain it.

"I'll take good care of her, promise." Lee smiled at Sam and lead me out of the store.

We walked a few blocks just holding hands in silence. I wasn't crying anymore. I just felt numb. I felt nonexistent, as if I was just floating around. This must be what purgatory feels like.

"So little birdy, will yeh tell meh what the arse did?" I looked up to Lee who wore a small smile on his face. He always seemed like that guy I could open up too.

I took a deep breath and began to tell Lee all the accursed things that lead me to be in the position I was in: in love and a wreck.
♠ ♠ ♠
The next chapter will take place in Tom's point of view (;
I think we all need a sneak peak inside of his brain.
Thank you to babygurl94512, lexin3d, thepartyscene;, kkekz
and AbbyHomicide for commenting. I sex love you guys!

Oh, and by the way...TEN STARS! I nearly shit my pants when I saw xD