Status: Completed!

Knife Called Lust

The End

“I have a surprise for you.” Dylan said, sitting next to me on my couch.
“Ooh, I like surprises.” I always felt better when he was around. He kept me out of my head for a while. He pulled a bandanna out of his back pocket and tied it over my eyes. “Kinky.”
“Hush up. Come on.” He took my hand and led me out the door. He had to physically put me in the car because I couldn’t see.
“I changed my mind. I don’t like surprises.” I said after what felt like an hour of driving.
“You’ll like this surprise. Promise.”
“You sounded really black with the blindfold on.” He busted up laughing.
“We’re almost there.” He led me out of the car and into a building. “Okay, ready?”
“Been ready for a while now Dyl.” He untied the bandanna and I had to blink a few times to figure out where I was.
I was standing inside my bar, but it wasn’t the trashed disaster I’d seen a few weeks ago. Now it was back, in all its glory. The glass covered river had actual fish in it now. The sleek wooden bar curved along the wall with glass shelves for the alcohol behind it. The dance floor was repaired, the tables were fixed.
It was beautiful. And then I saw Tony’s picture, fixed up and reframed on the wall. Above it was a picture of my staff and me, and below was one of Dylan, Jorel, Hunter and me.
I couldn’t hold back the tears. All of my staff was here, along with Hunter and the Hollywood Undead guys.
“Oh my god, this is incredible.” I wiped my eyes with my hoodie sleeve. “I can’t thank you guys enough.”
“All credit goes to Dylan for organizing all of this.” Danny piped up. “He put our asses to work every spare minute we had.”
“The man is a freaking slave driver.” Jordan muttered. I just jumped on my boyfriend, planting a huge kiss on him.
“You did all this, for me?” I said when we came up for air.
“I didn’t want you to be sad anymore.” He kissed the top of my head.
“Thank you so much.”
“No problem baby. I am the Brown Knight.” He struck a macho pose.
“All right he-man. What do you guys think, should we break the bar in?” My suggestion was met with a cheer and I started pouring shots.
“That’s a fine young man you have there.” Grizzly whispered to me, taking the bottle of Jack out of my hands.
“If I ever marry him, you’ll walk me down the aisle.” I promised. Once we had passed out all the shots, I hopped up on the bar.
“To my amazing boyfriend and friends, for doing all of this to me. I love you all.” I held my glass up in a toast before knocking the shot back. Then I jumped off the bar and landed in Dylan’s waiting arms.
We had our own private party in the bar before the grand reopening party the next night. There were more people than ever here tonight and we were busy as hell.
Not too busy for me to take a break and dance with my boyfriend.
Kevin went on trial and I had to testify about what he did to me. But it was worth seeing that slimy smile of his wiped off his face when he was sentenced to prison for a long, long time.
I have my bar, my boyfriend, and my friends.
I just wish I had Tony. I would have loved for him to meet Dylan. It still makes me sad to think about him, but I feel like he’s watching over me, you know? Like he’s never really left me.
I caught his dog tags in one hand, running my fingers over the familiar writing. He’s never gone, not as long as I don’t let him go.
--
Hunter and I sat on folding chairs, watching the filming for the video of “Comin in Hot.” The get ups they’d put our boys in were hilarious. In between takes, Dylan came to sit with me.
“I’m not sure I wanna kiss you with that thing on your face.” I pointed at the mustache they’d put on him. He kissed me anyway and it tickled. “Yeah, please don’t ever grow one.”
“No promises baby.” He kissed me again and went to do another take.
“I love my life.” I tipped the beer I’d been handed back, enjoying the sun with my best friend while we watched our boyfriends act like idiots.
♠ ♠ ♠
Avery
So that's it! Tell me what you guy thought? I feel so goddamned awful right now (fucking cold) I'm literally stuck in bed. Cheer me up?