Status: Slow but its getting there

Stuck in This ***ing Rut

Family Values

I’ve never been a fan of hospitals, especially when one of my good friends who I consider my sister might be on her death bed at this very moment. I still couldn’t get the image of her pale body on the bathroom floor out of my head. It was like pure bloody murder. Just thinking about it now scares me and makes me quiver in fear.
“Hey.”
I looked up from my seat and saw Alex standing there in front of me with his hands in his pockets.
“H-hey…”
I looked down at my feet as Alex made his way to the seat next to me. I felt him wrap his arm around my shoulders and pull me close to his chest and rest his head on top of mine.
“Come on Sev she’ll be fine.”
“So much blood…”
“I know.”
“It was the most terrifying scene I’ve ever seen in my entire life. Just the way she laid there with blood coming from her arm…”
“I know what you mean it was scary for me too but she’ll make it through. She’s a strong lil bitch.”
Tears began to form in the corners of my eyes just as Zack made his way over to me and Alex.
“How’s Matt?” Alex asked.
“Not so good. He’s blaming himself for all of this. I told him to go talk to Jack.”
“Did he go?”
“He’s doing that now but I don’t know if he’ll chew his head off.”
“I’ll go check on them.”
I pulled away from Alex as he left to go check if Jack were still alive. Zack took Alex’s seat and placed a gentle kiss on my forehead.
“Are you doing ok?”
I shook my head as tears finally started sliding down my cheeks one after the other.
“No, the fact that my best friend is close to dying is killing me inside.”
Zack pulled me onto his lap, wrapped his arms around me, and held me close. I wrapped my arms around his neck and hid my face in the crook of his neck.
“Don’t worry everything will be ok. Cry as much as you want if that’ll make you feel better.”
At that instant, I didn’t hold a single tear back.

Rian’s POV
Maybe I am being a bit too over protective about my sister and best friend. Seeing Zack hold her like that really makes me think about maybe just giving them a chance. I mean it does look like he truly loves her. I just don’t know though. This whole situation did get me thinking though. what if it was Sevie and not Brittany in that room. I know Matt was just trying to be an older brother but I mean still. I’m not blaming him or anything it’s just, I don’t know.
“Hey.”
I look up from my seat and see Danny.
“Hey Dan.”
“Let me guess you’re pissed about Sev dating Merrick.”
I sighed. “To be honest I don’t know anymore.”
“Why?”
“I don’t know, can I ask you something?”
“Uh sure what is it?”
“Do you think I’m a horrible older brother?”
“Well I wouldn’t say horrible…”
“I’m serious Danny.”
Danny sighed and shrugged. “I know I know, I’m not the one you should be asking this.”
“It was worth a shot.”
“You should go talk to her. It looks like she could really use her brother. She seems a bit traumatized after seeing Brittany in the condition she was in.”
I nodded and got up from my seat. As I was making my over to my sister and Zack, a doctor came out from behind two swinging doors.
“May I please speak to Brittany Flyzik’s family?”
Everyone made their way over to the doctor, Matt ahead of everyone of course.
“Doctor how is she?” Matt asked.
“And you are?”
“I’m her older brother. Is she ok?”
The doctor nodded. “Yes, she did lose a lot of blood though. We managed to bandage her up to stop all further bleeding so right now she’s in pretty stable condition.”
“Can we go see her?” Sevie and Jack asked.
“You’ll be able to see her soon. For now we just want her to rest as much as possible.”
“Thank you doctor.” Matt said followed by a sigh of relief.
The doctor then made his way to the front desk. Zack was holding Sevie close to him when I walked up to them.
“Hey can I talk to you two?”
They looked at each other then at me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thoughts?
Who from all the charcters do ya'll like so far and why?
Who do you dislike?
Let's be honest, we don't judge here.