Status: Semi-Active :)

Hidden Tales

One

I turned my head in both directions as I observed my surrounding area. I smiled as I took a deep breath in. It feels like it's been so long since I've been at home, nonetheless in the building I was currently standing in front of. I exhaled and headed into the building. I walked past a few people and headed straight for the elevator. I pressed the up button and waited until the elevator reached my floor. The doors opened, and a few people walked out, cell phones to their ears. I laughed to myself and shook my head as I walked into the elevator and pressed the button for the third level. I waited a few seconds as it carried me up two stories, and it opened its doors.

I walked out of the elevator and smiled as I passed a sign saying "Behavioral Analysis Unit". I continued heading towards the entrance, and noticed that the setup was much more different than my previous visit. I looked around, hoping to spot the main reason for coming here.

"Hi, can I help you?" a blonde woman approached me, a small smile appearing on her lips. "Yes, can you tell me where Aaron Hotchner may be?" I asked nicely, also giving her a smile. She nodded and led the way up the small staircase in the corner of the area. She knocked on the first door on the second level and opened the door.

"Someone's here for you," she said as she moved towards the door, allowing me to walk into the small office. I looked towards the desk in the back of the room and saw a man sitting behind a large, brown desk. He removed his eyes from the computer screen and whispered into the phone. He hung up the phone and turned to face me. His facial expression stayed sober, but I knew internally, his eyes were wide.

"Thank you, JJ," he shook his head, trying to remain calm. I heard the blonde mumble something and walk out of the office, closing the door behind her.

"Hi there, Agent Hotchner," I smiled as I walked towards a chair and made myself comfortable. I saw his lips curl slightly, but he shook his head no.

"Sorry. Job's full," he stated. My jaw dropped as he leaned back in his chair. "That's it? No reason why you won't give the job to me?" I asked, trying my hardest to remain calm. I know that this man is good at his job. More ammo against me is the last thing he needs.

"I can name off a whole list. You're not capable…"

"Not capable?" I intervened, not wanting to hear more excuses. "You know I am plenty capable. I'm just as capable as anyone on this team. I have the credentials, the recommendations, the only thing I'm missing is your blessing," I sighed. I leaned forward and rested my elbows on the desk.

"I know you worry about me. I know you're concerned…"

"You're damn right, I'm concerned," this time, he was the one to interrupt. His facial expressions switched from calm and sober, to nervous. He stood up quickly and paced around the room. I could only imagine what thoughts, what excuses, were flooding his mind.

"I have seen team members die doing this job, Kallie. This job isn't a simple walk in the park. This job gets brutal, and it gets tough. I know that you have the talent and the skills to do this job. Hell, from what I read, you could probably put both Morgan to shame with your profiling, and compete with Reid with your intelligence," he said, his hands moving around as he preached. I took a deep breath as he sat back down at his desk, keeping his mind occupied by playing with a pen.

"Exactly my point. I am prepared for this job! You just gave two prime examples on why I would be perfect for this job. I know it's dangerous, and I know that I could get injured, and I'm willing to risk it. This is my passion. This is something that I was born to do," I said, leaning more into the desk. He dropped the pen and looked me in the eyes. I knew there was a battle in his mind, debating on which side would win.

"If you decide this job starts getting tough, let me know. I will make a call and have you transferred in a heart beat," he started rambling on further into the subject. I grinned widely as I jumped out of my seat and ran to the opposite side of the desk. I wrapped my arms around his neck in the middle his speech, causing him to abruptly stop his speech.

"Thank you so much. You have no idea how much this means to me," I whispered as a small tear of happiness rolled down my cheek. I felt his arms finally lay on my back as he hugged me back.

"I know… I know you can do this. I have faith in you," he whispered back, causing another tear to roll down my face. He hugged me tighter and pulled his head away, kissing my forehead.

"Kallie, I have missed you so much," he said, loosening his grip around me. I looked back and smiled as I wiped any oncoming tears away.

"I've missed you, too, Dad," I said, my smile turning into a grin. He laughed as he headed towards the door, opening it.

"Are you ready to meet your team members?" he asked. I smiled again and nodded, heading in his direction. He closed and locked his door, and we made our way towards the steps.

"Question. Did you really think I would buy your act?" I asked him as we approached the steps, causing him to let out a chuckle.

"You're too much like me. I would probably be let down if you did,"
♠ ♠ ♠
I forgot how much work I have already put into this story, planning and research wise.
I have nearly ten pages of just planning for this story. I have though A LOT about this story, and now, I just feel compelled to write and finish it.
ANYWAYS.
I rewrote this chapter also. This a lot more than the previous one, but still. I feel this one is written better.
Comments would be awesome. <3