***.

Every little thing (s)he does is magic.

There's something so completely fascinating about Rory Williams' orgasms. No matter how many times he's seen them happen (and honestly, he's lost count), the Doctor finds himself completely enraptured, trying to take in every single little detail in those fleeting seconds; from the way Rory's stomach sucks in, pushing his ribs outward to the way his nails dig into the nearest surface (whether that be the Doctor's skin or the sheets) to the way his mouth opens wide, lips pulling back in an action that shouldn't be sexy but somehow is. But while he absorbs all this, the Doctor realizes he's missing the rest; he doesn't get to pay full attention to the breathy way Rory moans his name, extending the syllables until the word is barely recognizable. He completely misses out on how his neck arches, creating the perfect parabola and he only barely registers Rory's hair dipping into his eyes, gleaming with sweat.

Every time, the Doctor tries to catch every little thing at once and every time, he misses something; just that one thing that, to most other people, would be totally insignificant. However, the Doctor is all one for the details; the general picture is boring without the details, without all the little bits.

So he just keeps trying, over and over again, because even if he never does see all of these things at once, there's certainly no harm in continuing to try; besides, Rory doesn't seem to mind one bit.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter title from the song of the same name by The Police.
This pairing. Will be. The death. Of me.

xo.