Status: Active

Make a wish

Broken, beat and scarred

He wants to. With all his heart, or at least what's left of it, he wants to stretch his hands and embrace the only good thing inside of the pure existence he's bound to. With just a small movement, with almost a touch, his eyes seem to be too open, his mind too focused and his wish too close to getting granted. And suddenly, it's all too far away. His arms stay firmly in place, without enough strength to reach just a bit more, harder for what would, he feels, make him complete in a world filled with half-living creatures dying in every dream, wishing for the best, too weak to try for themselves. Still, he doesn't try. He doesn't move any further. He knows it's not too late, it can't be too late, but his body mimics his heart and turns into stone. Unable to move, fight, bleed. Empty as the veins he never found enough strength to blame for the life they're giving him. His mind struggles to find answers to long ago asked questions he knows he'll never answer, although the answer is just one breath of air, one word, or not even that many away. His breath disappears, the words are lost inside his thoughts that start rumbling as soon as he finds out the only thing he's living for, he's creating the words for is getting away. With every step further, he's two steps back. Not even knowing how, he looses himself desperately reaching for wrong things. He knows the truth, all the answers, he just doesn't know how to explain them. Not yet. As the high-pitched sound brings him back to reality he's so rarely aware of, it goes away. Until the next time he gets too close, or too far away.